No announcement yet.

Your vote: Clinton or Rubio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shall see about North Carolina. I don't take it as a foregone conclusion- by any means - that the Republicans will win Florida and Ohio. I feel that:

1. Northerners have and are moving in great numbers to NC - these tend to be Democratic in my view - and

2. The Democrats didn't make a huge push in NC in 2012 and were a little surprised.

We shall see.

NH I see as going Democratic in anything but a clear Republican win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      There are no other considerations than winning each game during the season. This is accomplished by scoring more runs than your opponent in each game. From the first pitch to the last out, the only thing that matters is outscoring the opposing team. It's just math.

At the end of the regular season, all that matters is having won more.games than any other team in your division. At the end of the playoffs, all that matters is having won more games than your opponents in each series. At the end of the World Series, all that matters is having chalked up four wins.

The NY Mets can take pride in having played a good season and waltzing through the National League playoffs... however, all that matters is the fact that they lost four games in the World Series.

Being the last team to lose is still losing.

One World Series pennant is a greater accomplishment than an infinite number of second place finishes.

And you have to do that in each and every battle. Entering into a battle without the will to put forth a maximum effort to win is very much akin to voting for independent/third party candidates. If you lack the resources to win, you have no business being on the playing field, battlefield or election ballot.

Any result other than winning is losing.
      And winning can be losing, as King Pyrrus learned ages ago. And sometimes, losing now can lead to victory later. History is rife with examples of someone losing a battle yet winning a war.

The election is just a battle, not the entire war. Politics don't stop the moment the last ballot is counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        And winning can be losing, as King Pyrrus learned ages ago. And sometimes, losing now can lead to victory later. History is rife with examples of someone losing a battle yet winning a war.

The election is just a battle, not the entire war. Politics don't stop the moment the last ballot is counted.
        Pyhric victories are still victories. 2008 and 2012 were as Pyhric as it gets.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
          We shall see about North Carolina. I don't take it as a foregone conclusion- by any means - that the Republicans will win Florida and Ohio. I feel that:

1. Northerners have and are moving in great numbers to NC - these tend to be Democratic in my view - and

2. The Democrats didn't make a huge push in NC in 2012 and were a little surprised.

We shall see.

If the GOP is in position to win Ohio and Florida, North Carolina will already be in the bag. This is also just basic arithmetic.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Pyhric victories are still victories. 2008 and 2012 were as Pyhric as it gets.
            Yet generally tactical victories which lead to strategic defeats are not considered unequivocal victories.

I guess some people might claim victory because they killed a rat by burning their house down, but I'm just not one of them, sorry.

Comment

Nuff Said.

But between the two choices given, Rubio, no question.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Living in NC there are a few differences from 2012:

1) Without Obama on the ticket you're going to see a big voting bloc simply fail to show up. Black churches were busing their congregations to the polls for early voting to vote for Obama. Neither Bernie or Hillary is going to whip up that sort of fervor.

2) More Marines and Soldiers are back on base than there were in 2012...that's a solid voting bloc that votes consistently.....and consistently Republican. NC has a MASSIVE military presence in the Eastern part of the state compared to the population.

3) Bernie can whip up the student population, of which there is a lot (and a lot of 'temporary residents' originally from states like Maryland), but can Hillary pull that off? Students are traditionally powerful if organized, but have the attention span of a goldfish.

4) State Republicans have been gaining in every election over the past decade.

The Democrats can win NC, but they have none of the advantages they used to have, back when we had a Century-long Democrat control of the Legislature.

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post

We shall see.

Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I think Hillary's got him beat...

Comment

Comment

Doctor, please tell me, is there any reason to vote at all if you do not live in a swing state?
                      Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                      Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                      USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

I had previously considered voting for Hillary Clinton... but at this point its unlikely that Clinton will get my vote. During the last democratic debate Clinton used the term Jihadists to describe ISIL, it was the first time that I have heard Clinton use one those terms. When I say those terms I mean terms like Islamist's, Jihadists, Islamic terrorists. The White House does not use those terms, nor did the White House under GWB use those terms, nor did any white house prior to GWB use those terms.

At this point I'm leaning toward Carly Fiorina.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                          Easily the worse batch of candidates we've had in my lifetime imo. Definitely neither Clinton or Rubio for me, still undecided on who my "other" is at the moment.

Last election I voted for Gary Johnson, former Gov of New Mexico. This time around I am having a difficult time fully attaching myself to one candidate. I wont support Bernie Sanders and it appears that Clinton will not get my vote.

I would support having GWB or Obama run for a third term.

Comment

From 270towin.com: current projections 217 democrats/191 republican/130 in play. In Play by size: Florida 29, Pennsylvania 20, Ohio 18, North Carolina 15, Virginia 13, Wisconsin 10, Colorado 9, Nevada 6, Iowa 6, New Hampshire 4. Good map in link.

http://www.270towin.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X