Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I saw them kill my husband" another police shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban hermit
    replied
    So now the FBI is getting involved, some federal prosecutors will try to use the case to start a political career.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Those tools IMHO are about to reach the point where they're beyond diminishing returns and into negative returns. If they haven't gotten there already.

Already we're ignoring anything approaching interview and investigative skills in favor of a few moments of video from what is almost always a poor perspective, done with a crap camera that's shaking or obscured half the time.
    I feel the same about tasers, younger LEO are taught that the taser de-escalates the situation, instead of asking questions, or making an assessment, tase first and let someone else sort it out.
    In this case I want to see the report after the state police investigation. But that may take too long for public opinion.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    It is going to be interesting how this washes out, there has been a lot of complaints about the small (12) man police force in the past.
    The officers did not have the dash cam on, there is no word as to body cameras.
    The family of the victims that were the car that hit the bull have been very supportive of the LEOs. The two passengers were in serious condition, the woman is still in the hospital, they had to cut her out of the car.
    The investigation is ongoing, the PD has received so many threats from all over the country the two officers involved have been moved out of town.
    It's bad all the way around.
    Those tools IMHO are about to reach the point where they're beyond diminishing returns and into negative returns. If they haven't gotten there already.

Already we're ignoring anything approaching interview and investigative skills in favor of a few moments of video from what is almost always a poor perspective, done with a crap camera that's shaking or obscured half the time.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Really now, that's how it went down? I'm sure their State Police would like to have your statement to add to the report.

I read the article and the angry grieving widow's statements to the journalist basically paint every officer on scene as evil on a Palpatine scale (or your average Call of Duty player).....pretty much lacking only in maniacal laughter and rampant teabagging.

Looking at the factual constants, things that are not subject to any interpretation by anyone recounting their memories of the event, there are huge swaths of her story that don't make any Fing sense.

The way she describes an injured bull on his own turf, with a broken leg, just laying down while the whole gaggle-f*** that is a wreck scene plays out only yards away just smacks of dishonesty. If you've ever dealt with cattle, you know that bulls almost NEVER deal with strangers lying down, and that's when they're being nice......

Then there is asking the Rancher to deal with his animal, which is pretty universal. I work in a rural part of my county, and I LOVE for the farmers to deal with their livestock. I don't even have to write a report on it if they take care of it. To then compare this incredibly common course of events with several deputies opening up a fusillade on the bull for no apparent reason again smacks of dishonesty on the part of the storyteller.

Also, rural LEOs like me put down animals......it happens. Most of us are hunters as well. We know you go for head, or heart/double lung shots to put them down humanely. The targeting that was described in the article isn't that of someone putting down an animal. Rather it's that of someone engaging a threat. Lots of center-mass shots as described would be consistent with the bull being up and charging.

As for the rest, the deputies letting the man get his rifle, approach the downed bull, and then just executing him out of hand.....please, at least try to be plausible when you're writing prose lady.
    It is going to be interesting how this washes out, there has been a lot of complaints about the small (12) man police force in the past.
    The officers did not have the dash cam on, there is no word as to body cameras.
    The family of the victims that were the car that hit the bull have been very supportive of the LEOs. The two passengers were in serious condition, the woman is still in the hospital, they had to cut her out of the car.
    The investigation is ongoing, the PD has received so many threats from all over the country the two officers involved have been moved out of town.
    It's bad all the way around.

Leave a comment:

• Sergio
    replied
    Really now, that's how it went down? I'm sure their State Police would like to have your statement to add to the report.

I read the article and the angry grieving widow's statements to the journalist basically paint every officer on scene as evil on a Palpatine scale (or your average Call of Duty player).....pretty much lacking only in maniacal laughter and rampant teabagging.

Looking at the factual constants, things that are not subject to any interpretation by anyone recounting their memories of the event, there are huge swaths of her story that don't make any Fing sense.

The way she describes an injured bull on his own turf, with a broken leg, just laying down while the whole gaggle-f*** that is a wreck scene plays out only yards away just smacks of dishonesty. If you've ever dealt with cattle, you know that bulls almost NEVER deal with strangers lying down, and that's when they're being nice......

Then there is asking the Rancher to deal with his animal, which is pretty universal. I work in a rural part of my county, and I LOVE for the farmers to deal with their livestock. I don't even have to write a report on it if they take care of it. To then compare this incredibly common course of events with several deputies opening up a fusillade on the bull for no apparent reason again smacks of dishonesty on the part of the storyteller.

Also, rural LEOs like me put down animals......it happens. Most of us are hunters as well. We know you go for head, or heart/double lung shots to put them down humanely. The targeting that was described in the article isn't that of someone putting down an animal. Rather it's that of someone engaging a threat. Lots of center-mass shots as described would be consistent with the bull being up and charging.

As for the rest, the deputies letting the man get his rifle, approach the downed bull, and then just executing him out of hand.....please, at least try to be plausible when you're writing prose lady.
    Presumably the same goes for you as well - have you contacted the authority to let them have your statement? You were not there but are acting like you know how everyone acted and as if the facts had been confirmed.

How about waiting for some more details to come out.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Do the guys bull gets on to the highway, a car hits the animal, the two people inside are seriously hurt.
    The police officers inform the owner of the animal. Meanwhile the officers lung shoot the bull, which is not how to put an animal down.
    The officers request the rancher to put the bull down, that's where it goes south.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Do the guys bull gets on to the highway, a car hits the animal, the two people inside are seriously hurt.
    The police officers inform the owner of the animal. Meanwhile the officers lung shoot the bull, which is not how to put an animal down.
    The officers request the rancher to put the bull down, that's where it goes south.

Leave a comment:

• "I saw them kill my husband" another police shooting.

It has happened here, and from the story printed in the Idaho Statesman, this was one of those cases where two deputies overreacted.
    Is there anyway to defuse situations? Or is that just not trained in Police Academy's anymore?
    Here is the story,

An Adams County Sheriff’s Office dispatcher called. One of the family’s bulls had just been hit by a car on the highway, and the Yantises needed to go take care of it.

In rural open range, collisions between vehicles and livestock are not uncommon. Ranchers often must put down the injured animals. Jack Yantis had unfortunately done it before.

Yantis had raised and tamed the 2,500-pound black Gelbvieh bull, similar to an Angus, named Keiford. Its rear leg was shattered by the collision with a Subaru station wagon. The bull started charging people at the crash scene.

Paradis walked down to check out the situation. The injured bull had made its way back to the driveway and was lying in the grass.

“He knew he was home,” Paradis said. “He was hurt. But he is still an Angus bull on the fight.”

DEPUTIES SHOOT BULL

Jack Yantis told Paradis to get a rifle, the family’s skid-steer loader (a small front-end loader) and a chain. Paradis in turn asked his aunt to the get the family’s .204-caliber rifle and bring it to the road.

Read more here:
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...e43654638.html

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X