Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An 'Argument' over the book Killing Reagan...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An 'Argument' over the book Killing Reagan...

    Has anyone seen this?

    http://video.foxnews.com/v/460072496...#sp=show-clips

    It is absolutely incredible. O'Reilly is getting upset over a book review. I'm not an admirer of George Will, but O'Reilly is way over the top here.

    Incredible.

  • #2
    To be fair he is one of the greatest narcissists of the modern age. Very odd that Fox allows O Reilly to sell his extra curricular wares using a news outlet as if it was his own private shopping channel.
    Last edited by copenhagen; 09 Nov 15, 14:39.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Has anyone seen this?

      http://video.foxnews.com/v/460072496...#sp=show-clips

      It is absolutely incredible. O'Reilly is getting upset over a book review. I'm not an admirer of George Will, but O'Reilly is way over the top here.

      Incredible.
      He is usually away over the top and favors talking over his guest.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
        To be fair ...
        Don't bother.
        Bill O'Really never is, to hell with that mean old fart.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

        -Captain Jack

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          He is usually away over the top and favors talking over his guest.
          Absolutely correct. He believes he is a font of knowledge but he really is just ignorant as well as egocentric.

          They ought to change the name to the O'Reilly shopping channel or the Trump channel as too many of them are bowing down, or worse, to Trump.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
            To be fair he is one of the greatest narcissists of the modern age. Very odd that Fox allows O Reilly to sell his extra curricular wares using a news outlet as if it was his own private shopping channel.
            Given that everyone else on television does exactly the same thing...

            This morning on Good Morning America, one of the male talking heads was pimping his latest whatever, and I see it everywhere I look. O'Reilly is no different. Just "servicing the public", if you ever heard Carlin's monologue about that. (Hint: it involves being bent over with the servicer standing behind you)

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbXsupmufBQ (Too profane to post actual video...but good!)
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Has anyone seen this?

              http://video.foxnews.com/v/460072496...#sp=show-clips

              It is absolutely incredible. O'Reilly is getting upset over a book review. I'm not an admirer of George Will, but O'Reilly is way over the top here.

              Incredible.
              It's O'Reilly. The man is living ooze, the most self-obsessed commentator to be given regular air time. He's the embodiment of everything wrong with cable television news.

              Comment


              • #8
                When we were yet young..........

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Absolutely correct. He believes he is a font of knowledge but he really is just ignorant as well as egocentric.
                  And arrogant!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    And arrogant!
                    Which is no longer a crime or even a character flaw since the election of an arrogant, flaming narcissistic personality named....Barack Hussein Obama.

                    Quick: which personality has more viewers throughout the nation - Obama or O'Reilly?

                    Try O'Reilly. And THAT, boys and girls, should tell you everything you need to know about the general mental state of America.

                    And then, of course, there is the Trumpster...


                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One of my relatives has loaned me his copy of Killing Reagan and insisted I read it. He really liked it. I need to read it before Thanksgiving Day and our family reunion where I will see him. For the sake of family harmony I will have to say I liked it, although I would not buy any of O'Reilly's books. I do agree that he comes across as a jerk.
                      To delight in war is a merit in the soldier, a dangerous quality in the captain, and a positive crime in the statesman. - George Santayana

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've heard so much anti O'Reilly hysteria that anymore I know to be skeptical of an attack.

                        Judging from the fact that everyone jumped in to say "O'Reilly is arrogant!" and "he sells stuff on his TV show" and no one has said "George Will had an important point, here's where he's right" I'm chalking this up to more hysteria.

                        Yeah, O's a tough customer. People who don't like it can always climb into their safe space.

                        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Don't bother.
                          Bill O'Really never is, to hell with that mean old fart.
                          British sarcasm

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Given that everyone else on television does exactly the same thing...

                            This morning on Good Morning America, one of the male talking heads was pimping his latest whatever, and I see it everywhere I look. O'Reilly is no different. Just "servicing the public", if you ever heard Carlin's monologue about that. (Hint: it involves being bent over with the servicer standing behind you)

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbXsupmufBQ (Too profane to post actual video...but good!)
                            Doesn't make it right

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I really dislike screaming matches on the 'news'. Something that American pundits do all the time. Never-mind the distortions and the outright lies that they are so prone to. My question is how many times do you get lied to before you give up on a network? That's the two major reasons why I gave up on faux news, telling lies and distorting the truth, and the screaming matches.

                              And O lie-ly is really prone to both.
                              Credo quia absurdum.


                              Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X