The JV "has now fully eclipsed" the Varsity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JV "has now fully eclipsed" the Varsity

Remnick: "You know where this is going, though. Even in the period that you’ve been on vacation in the last couple of weeks, in Iraq, in Syria, of course, in Africa, al-Qaeda is resurgent."

Obama: "Yes, but, David, I think the analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms, that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant. I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian."

Remnick: "But that JV team just took over Fallujah."

--27 Jan. 2014
    “ISIS has now fully eclipsed Al Qaeda as the gravest terrorist threat in the world.”

-- Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), 8 Nov. 2015
    Incompetence
    19.48%
    Arrogance
    18.18%
    Disinterest in national security
    12.99%
    Dishonesty
    11.69%
    Delusions of godhood.
    12.99%
    An intelligence failure.
    3.90%
    Pure dumbassness.
    15.58%
    Bush's fault.
    5.19%
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

It's all Bush's fault.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

It doesn't get much more JV than this current administration.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

The way I see it, letting the terror groups consolidate under one flag is a good thing: it makes them easier to kill. Now that they're fighting more in the open we can just plaster them with impunity.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
          The way I see it, letting the terror groups consolidate under one flag is a good thing: it makes them easier to kill. Now that they're fighting more in the open we can just plaster them with impunity.
          In today's politically correct world the U.S. and its western allies cannot do anything with impunity.

But I have a feeling the Russians and Iranians will deal with ISIS in a much less soft handed way. I believe they will be much less worried about casualties to civilians and their own forces.

And I doubt you will see near as much network coverage. I don't see the Russians and Iranians embedding INDEPENDENT reporters with their forces. The best you'll get is grainy cell phone coverage.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Stages in a revolution:

1. Civil unrest. Protests and demonstrations. Minor violence may be present.

2. Terrorism and riots. Violence escalates but is more like individual acts and criminal activity.

3. Guerrilla warfare. The revolutionaries begin an active campaign to overthrow the government.

4. Open conventional warfare. The revolutionaries grow strong enough to field a military and openly challenge the government for control.

5. The revolution is successful and a new government is formed by the revolutionaries.

Al Qaeda never really got beyond stage 2. ISIS has gotten to stage 4 and has some trappings of stage 5 in place.

Obama's reaction to this has been a combination of incompetence and disinterest. He really doesn't give a $H!+ that there is a civil war in Syria, that Libya is in chaos, that Iraq is falling apart, or anything else about that part of the world.
            He'll put a band aid on an amputation just so he can say he did "something."

The whole situation really doesn't bother him. I'd bet there are plenty of people in his administration, maybe even Obama himself, that are secretly rooting for the revolutionaries to win. It would be the norm for a Leftist to want the revolution to succeed against the "establishment."

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
              Hopefully they kill as many of each other as possible during the consolidation process.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

"It's all junk science..."
                The Doctor

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This is my favorite poll I've seen yet!

Comment

It's well known that Obama skips his national security briefings. As Gixxer said in his post above, the Obama administration is the ultimate JV team. The lights are on but nobody is home ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      It's well known that Obama skips his national security briefings. As Gixxer said in his post above, the Obama administration is the ultimate JV team. The lights are on but nobody is home ...
                      They're not even the JV team. They're more like one of those college bull sessions where a group of friends get together, smoke a little ganga, sip some wine, and solve all the world's problems in an evening... At least in their minds they do.

Actual effort? Forget that! You can pay somebody to write a term paper for you to get a decent grade in that class you're taking that you show up for once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        This is my favorite poll I've seen yet!
                        Yeah...Doc slants his polls to avoid any possibility of an intelligent or relevant choice, but if you like these, wait until you see his charts and graphs!
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X