X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The condescension here is hilarious. The writer(s) of this screed claim to speak for all Black students that ever attended that university...

Talk about arrogance...

I like demand 8 in particular:

There are several grammatical errors in it, and it is also genuinely vague in its demand. "Social Justice(s) centers?" What would these do? Would they met out punishment to students and facility who aren't politically correct or following whatever "Social Justice" the centers decide on?

Typical idiot radical activist students. I give them a C on their paper. There goes their GPA in the toilet...
    They're athletes. What did you expect? Most of them are just being used by the school to make money off their sports programs. They're not there for an education.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Concerned Student 1950, thus, represents every Black student admitted to the University of
    Missouri since then and their sentiments regarding racerelated
    affairs affecting their lives at a
    predominantly white institution.
    The condescension here is hilarious. The writer(s) of this screed claim to speak for all Black students that ever attended that university...

Talk about arrogance...

I like demand 8 in particular:

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campuswide awareness and visibility.
    There are several grammatical errors in it, and it is also genuinely vague in its demand. "Social Justice(s) centers?" What would these do? Would they met out punishment to students and facility who aren't politically correct or following whatever "Social Justice" the centers decide on?

Typical idiot radical activist students. I give them a C on their paper. There goes their GPA in the toilet...

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Hey, they're idiots, but at least they're taking an interest. Most kids their age are just apathetic slouches who don't have the drive to even write a contradictory manifesto.

Good point....

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I don't blame them, because Wolfe is obviously an idiot who has yet to realize that appeasement in NEVER the answer to radical demands.

If he wants to indulge in large-scale masochistic butt kissing, I'm sure he can get the faculty to indulge his needs.

As for these students, they are not being held at gunpoint, they are free to leave the school at any time, and they should immediately do so in order that they not be subjected to massive lawsuits for infringing on the rights of all of the other students, along with suing Wolfe for indulging them in the first place.

You fight fire with fire, not with sucking up.

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
    Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
    Tim Wolfe reads his apology
    Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
    Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
    Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...
    Hey, they're idiots, but at least they're taking an interest. Most kids their age are just apathetic slouches who don't have the drive to even write a contradictory manifesto.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Basicly they are demanding that minorities have a say in who runs the college and that colleges have curriculum that addresses race issue.
    College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
    Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
    Tim Wolfe reads his apology
    Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
    Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
    Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    More crazies who want to be in charge of the asylum.

Leave a comment:

• List of demands from Concerned Student 1950 group

You can read the demands at this link

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...0110b8.pdf.pdf

Basicly they are demanding that minorities have a say in who runs the college and that colleges have curriculum that addresses race issue.

Only thing interesting is the idea that it is a demand which I assume means they have the power to enforce their will on the university system?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X