X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    I like the conspiracy theory that he was undone by his "colleagues" myself. As I said earlier people totally underestimate the viciousness of academic competition.
    Oh, of that I have no doubt. A professor friend of mine wanted to teach a course on minorities in the military after retiring. He's an eastern European immigrant and was an interpreter at the Nuremburg trials at the end of WW 2.

The minority Leftists had a stoke and demanded that he be disqualified. He sued and it went to the Arizona Supreme Court who unanimously found that he was discriminated against and forced the university to pay him for not just his salary but punitive damages.

As he put it, it was a hollow victory since those who opposed him teaching this course got what they wanted at taxpayer expense: Him removed from teaching it. It didn't matter to them that they lost the battle, in their eyes they won the war. The old White guy was kept from teaching a course that they would have rather had a politically correct propagandist teaching.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That's how you counter this sort of $h!+ too. You call it what it is. Had the president of that university come out and said "This is nothing more than a racist, bigoted screed by some marginally intelligent students, and we should ignore their demands..."

Sure, the students who made this demand would have violently rioted. Most would have ended up in jail with records. But, it would have ended their stupidity and sent a message to every other radical nut bag group of college idiots: "Make irrational, bigoted, demands and you too will end up in jail."

That stops this BS in its tracks. Caving only ensures more criminal stupidity.
    I like the conspiracy theory that he was undone by his "colleagues" myself. As I said earlier people totally underestimate the viciousness of academic competition.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Self segregation has always been part of the road block to advancement for minorities.

The origin of the word ghetto is related to the Jewish quarter of European cities. The only way to escape was to stop being Jewish. Other minorities don't have that options and of course rejecting your heritage is not easy or even necessarily desirable.

Many Americans underestimate how deep the African-American desire to create and maintain their own traditions actually is. Unfortunate the programs offered by universities to enrich African American culture have been hijacked by "activists" with their own agendas. Perhaps it is a marxist influence as Marx remains a highly respected philosopher in some intellectual circles but it could simply be Marx like in some of it's manifestations. The irony is that whatever it's underpinnings activists movements tend to suppress the individuality and the creativity of the people they claim to represent which in turns suppresses cultural enrichment.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    I laughed so hard when I read this. They have no idea how racist that sounds like?

Hey, boy......you mind respecting white spaces.....like the front of the bus and the lunch counter?

That's how you counter this sort of $h!+ too. You call it what it is. Had the president of that university come out and said "This is nothing more than a racist, bigoted screed by some marginally intelligent students, and we should ignore their demands..."

Sure, the students who made this demand would have violently rioted. Most would have ended up in jail with records. But, it would have ended their stupidity and sent a message to every other radical nut bag group of college idiots: "Make irrational, bigoted, demands and you too will end up in jail."

That stops this BS in its tracks. Caving only ensures more criminal stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    "It's typically white media who don't understand the importance of respecting black spaces," they tweeted.
    I laughed so hard when I read this. They have no idea how racist that sounds like?

Hey, boy......you mind respecting white spaces.....like the front of the bus and the lunch counter?

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
    The Air Force football program revenue was 45 million against spending of 41 million,

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

College athletics is a necessity, high school athletics is a necessity. It is IMO a necessity to have high school sports teams as they are a deterrent to kids slinging crack cocaine on the streets to adults.
    Neither is a necessity. They are entertainment. Yes, they generate revenue, usually a positive cash flow even. But, that doesn't make them a necessity.

Leave a comment:

• Taieb el-Okbi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    S[ports is breaking the back of the entire educational system, including the service academies.

Back when I first retired, I was asked to volunteer to work in the Air Force Academy Pharmacy handing out the prescriptions to people.

I did a little checking and found out that in that same year alone, the Air Force Academy had already spent $16 million dollars on it's football team alone.

I told them not only no, but HELL NO!

Additionally, although it costs a quarter million or more per student, the Academy routinely releases cadets from all of their obligations if they are picked up by a professional team.

Tell me why, if you can, such a student is not required to repay the entire cost of his education from his inflated professional earnings?

Getting an education is not about professional sports - it's about learing the things one needs to become an intelligent and functional adult ready to should adult responsibilities in the workplace.

It's about making America better, not lining one's own pockets with professional contracts.

If the alumni don't want to donate for improving minds, screw 'em.
    The Air Force football program revenue was 45 million against spending of 41 million,

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Established in 1954, the U.S. Air Force Academy is a coeducational public liberal arts college in Colorado Springs, CO, where students graduate as second lieutenants in the Air Force. This year, it claims the title of No. 5 public school in the nation. It is the only accredited undergraduate institution with satellites in orbit: the student-built FalconSAT-3 and the FalconSAT-5. The school is the youngest of the five U.S. service academies and the campus is a national historical landmark.

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/unite...force-academy/

College athletics is a necessity, high school athletics is a necessity. It is IMO a necessity to have high school sports teams as they are a deterrent to kids slinging crack cocaine on the streets to adults.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    S[ports is breaking the back of the entire educational system, including the service academies.

Back when I first retired, I was asked to volunteer to work in the Air Force Academy Pharmacy handing out the prescriptions to people.

I did a little checking and found out that in that same year alone, the Air Force Academy had already spent $16 million dollars on it's football team alone.

I told them not only no, but HELL NO!

Additionally, although it costs a quarter million or more per student, the Academy routinely releases cadets from all of their obligations if they are picked up by a professional team.

Tell me why, if you can, such a student is not required to repay the entire cost of his education from his inflated professional earnings?

Getting an education is not about professional sports - it's about learing the things one needs to become an intelligent and functional adult ready to should adult responsibilities in the workplace.

It's about making America better, not lining one's own pockets with professional contracts.

If the alumni don't want to donate for improving minds, screw 'em.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    It was a hilarious video. And another example of the left trying to stifle the media. Still, cue the "it's the liberal media's fault" outcry.
    I didn't say it was the media's fault, Liberal or not. Here, the Leftist protesters are the problem. They don't want anything that contradicts the party line, so-to-speak, to be put out by the media.

More hilariously, after the story starts getting out about the obtuse and vicious actions of the protesters towards the media, they make a 180 and start backpedalling.

The group later had a change of heart, issuing leaflets on Tuesday titled "Teachable Moment".

The material acknowledged reporters have a first amendment right to visit the campsite.

"The media is important to tell our story and experiences at Mizzou to the world," the leaflet said.

"Let's welcome them and thank them."
    Translated: We looked like the bunch of asses we are and our actions generated negative publicity, so we're going to start acting like we love the media. Note, we're still going to expect them to only print propaganda and the party line, but we'll send them packing in a kinder, gentler way if they don't...

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    How typical. If the media isn't "reporting" the propaganda and party line of the protesters they are forcibly ejected from the area. That's how thugs and dictators operate.
    It was a hilarious video. And another example of the left trying to stifle the media. Still, cue the "it's the liberal media's fault" outcry.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
    This is quite scary that this is the attitude of so called places of learning and ideas now.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585154/mi...-bar-reporters
    "It's typically white media who don't understand the importance of respecting black spaces," they tweeted.

They said the students needed to be "protected from twisted insincere narratives".
    How typical. If the media isn't "reporting" the propaganda and party line of the protesters they are forcibly ejected from the area. That's how thugs and dictators operate.

Leave a comment:

• copenhagen
    replied
    This is quite scary that this is the attitude of so called places of learning and ideas now.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585154/mi...-bar-reporters

Leave a comment:

• Steve573
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    This idiocy is the Law of the Land now, apparently.
    The Idiots won, and they will be making new and even more incoherent demands.

I would have quit too, but I would have had more to say about it.
    as hear as I can figure, this man was hounded out of office by a team of Paid Communisty Organizers for the unforgivable crime, the Original Sin, of having been born white.
    Period.
    I wonder where these traveling mobs will strike next. Your town, perhaps.
    I agree the idiots won but different idiots caved in to them. This whole thing is related to the Black Lives Matter thing, and I would guess that you're right this is not the last we'll hear of this 'movement'. These people are professional victims who should get what they deserve, nothing. They should have been ignored until they go away, and any football player who didn't live up to his commitment to play should lose their scholarship so that they can give it to someone more deserving. We've become a nation of *******, basically, who willingly bend over for every ****-ant special interest group that whines about how they have no opportunity--in a land where we have a black quasi-Muslim president they feel they lack opportunity. How foolish are these people, and how lame are those that cave in to their pressure rather than lay the hammer down and tell them go find another campus if you don't like this one.
    Turns out the chief ****-ant Butler, he of the fake hunger strike, was angry about MU not being openly supportive of Ferguson protesters. He and his group surrounded Wolfe at the homecoming parade in his parade car and tried to bully him into getting out of the car, which he wisely elected not to do. The driver tried to ease around these people and had to back away when he got too close to some, until Butler backed into the hood and claimed he was bumped by the car. At that point he decided to go on a hunger strike until the MU president was ousted. Wolfe visited Butler to try to start a conversation about their concerns but Butler wouldn't meet with him, instead having one of his thugs tell Wolfe to go away. I think Butler is gunning to be the next Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, a professional victim who makes his living keeping racism alive.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
    Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
    Tim Wolfe reads his apology
    Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
    Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
    Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...

This idiocy is the Law of the Land now, apparently.
    The Idiots won, and they will be making new and even more incoherent demands.

I would have quit too, but I would have had more to say about it.
    as hear as I can figure, this man was hounded out of office by a team of Paid Communisty Organizers for the unforgivable crime, the Original Sin, of having been born white.
    Period.
    I wonder where these traveling mobs will strike next. Your town, perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Well, here's one equally stupid from the University of Arizona in Tucson...

The group MEChA, arguably a bunch of Leftist, nationalist, bigots wanting the establishment of a Mexican / Spanish state in what is the US Southwest, want the owner of a restaurant chain to change the name.

The restaurant is called "Illegal Pete's." The name comes from a novel the owner once read and his name being Pete.

MEChA says it is an insult to undocumented whatever they are, and demands it be changed. Their demands are much the same sort of bigoted nonsense the Student 1950 group makes.
    We speak of the whole Hispanic community... a lie of course, but what the hey, it's for a good cause...
    And from there the usual irrational demands against the company.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...name/75327706/

I really hope the company tells them to shove their demands up their @$$ sideways.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X