List of demands from Concerned Student 1950 group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    People don't realize that college sports, especially football, is very expensive in fact most college football programs lose money. It's the boosters who pay the bills for the football program and will also give large amounts money to academic programs as long as the football program comes first.
    If Mizzou had missed the game scheduled at Arrowhead Stadium they would have had to pay 1 million dollars. That is likely the reason they caved to the players.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      I got a demand...do away with college sports. Watch what happen, cost of going to school goes down, grades go up. Cut out all the cost for transportation, uniforms, and equipment, same for the band and cheerleaders, building and maintenance of huge facilities that go unused for most of the year.
      Hell yes!

Originally posted by asterix View Post
      All I see is revenge-racism with PCism as it's vehicle...though one could easily conclude that they are one and the same. I hope the universities and colleges fold....they created this crap in the first place, lets see how they deal with getting some of their own medicine?
      HELL Yeah!!!

Got a few million laying around that you want to turn into a few Billion?

Start your own chain of Colleges. No sports, no tenure (there are more than enough teachers that have been politically disenfranchised that need work) and refuse Govt funding. Charge a reasonable tuition, and if you have any management skills at all, they will beat a path to your door.

just don't forget to hire about 50 lawyers, the establishment will try every dirty trick in the book to shut you down.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

You know I think you have more crazy Marxists than we do these days and we've got quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
          You know I think you have more crazy Marxists than we do these days and we've got quite a lot.
          Its not a matter of numbers, its about power.

And about Yale--

http://video.foxnews.com/v/460315371...#sp=show-clips
          Last edited by The Exorcist; 09 Nov 15, 15:31.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            Its not a matter of numbers, its about power.

And about Yale--

http://video.foxnews.com/v/460315371...#sp=show-clips
            Well a small group of nutters here have taken over one of our major parties.
            It's run by the bat **** contingent.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
              I think the trouble at Mizzou stems from Ferguson, honestly...some of the Mizzou students went to Ferguson to join the protests and looting there, and once it all calmed down they were angry that the university didn't say anything one way or the other about Ferguson. I guess they expected some sort of announcement of support for the protests or something but it's not clear what they thought would happen.
              More recently, a small group of students surrounded the MU president's car at the homecoming parade and prevented it from moving. He didn't jump out of the car and start a conversation about their concerns...he and his wife were riding in the back and the driver eventually managed to drive away and join the rest of the parade. One grad student, who terrifyingly is majoring in educational leadership (ironic), has taken it upon himself to escalate this to ridiculous proportions and go on a hunger strike until the president is removed. I personally think this guy is just a self-promoter who is trying to make a name for himself a la Al Sharpton. I've heard rumors locally that his hunger strike includes a few snacks here and there, so I don't think he would ever have actually starved to death.
              The school caved, which was a mistake, and now other schools around the country will also need to deal with the small number of 'victims' who feel that they've been wronged and want to get loud about it.
              This is an example of victimhood run amok...these students are not actually discriminated against at all: one incident they are complaining about was someone yelling the n-word from a passing pickup truck. This is one of those campuses that spreads out all over the downtown area so regular streets run through parts of campus and this was most likely some local hick yelling at black students. Admittedly racist but what's the university president supposed to do, chase down the hick and leap onto his pickup truck? Another incident they mentioned was that someone drew a swastika on the wall of a new dorm with feces...the swastika is not an anti-black symbol so not sure how this connects. The dorm was just a dorm not any kind of racist dorm. This entire thing is confusing and honestly stupid, and I'm encouraging other people around here to just stop going to the football games for a while.
              I heard that some of the state legislators (just about all Republicans) and the state rep from Columbia (R) were getting all sorts of messages to fix the situation. The first issue was that it was going to mess up the rest of the year for the football fans, but more importantly it was going to affect RECRUITING this coming year. And of course the team is so bad this year that we definitely need some new blood and we all know what that means! Sorry thatís real caustic, but we just cannot discourage the good players from signing on with Mizzou! (Spoiler Alert: My husband is a partner with a group of men in a block of season tickets and my daughter, a graduate of Mizzou is a RABID fan. So I get another view of the situation.) One of the columnists at American Conservative says that Mizzou is a Football Team with a University attached. Actually I think that is pretty true.

However, the guy that was forced to resign had been a cost cutter brought in from the Business Community (he only had a Bachelors Degree, for God's sake!) to strip down a lot of stuff including benefits from some of the graduate students who were teaching assistants, etc. So I think that there were other issues involved, especially since some of the faculty was supporting the drive to make the President resign.

This is just gossipy rumor stuff, but I think it makes sense. The Million dollar loss if the game got forfeited Sat would have been another factor. That would have negated a lot of what the guy saved.

By the way, if I know my fellow Missourians at all, I would imagine there will be excursions in from the country side from now until doomsday with guys in pickup trucks yelling N-----R driving through town. They may have to wall off the University.
              Last edited by Jannie; 09 Nov 15, 16:13.
              Homo homini lupus

Comment

We do have our share of rednecks here although Columbia is a fairly liberal college town. I of course don't think people should yell racial slurs from their pickups as they drive through town but I don't think it's fair to hold the MU president accountable for these types of incidents. I'm sure Mizzou has it's share of diversity programs, anti-discrimination offices, etc that are supposed to handle these types of things but as far as I know no one from the group of complainers ever went through these channels to try to get a resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                  You obviously have no idea how much college sports brings in for a University.
                  You have an idea what college is for. Much of the money that comes in is to support the sports programs themselves, little goes in to the academic side of the house, the reason we have colleges in the first place.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well, here's one equally stupid from the University of Arizona in Tucson...

The group MEChA, arguably a bunch of Leftist, nationalist, bigots wanting the establishment of a Mexican / Spanish state in what is the US Southwest, want the owner of a restaurant chain to change the name.

The restaurant is called "Illegal Pete's." The name comes from a novel the owner once read and his name being Pete.

MEChA says it is an insult to undocumented whatever they are, and demands it be changed. Their demands are much the same sort of bigoted nonsense the Student 1950 group makes.
                    We speak of the whole Hispanic community... a lie of course, but what the hey, it's for a good cause...
                    And from there the usual irrational demands against the company.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...name/75327706/

I really hope the company tells them to shove their demands up their @$$ sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
                      Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
                      Tim Wolfe reads his apology
                      Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
                      Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
                      Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...

This idiocy is the Law of the Land now, apparently.
                      The Idiots won, and they will be making new and even more incoherent demands.

I would have quit too, but I would have had more to say about it.
                      as hear as I can figure, this man was hounded out of office by a team of Paid Communisty Organizers for the unforgivable crime, the Original Sin, of having been born white.
                      Period.
                      I wonder where these traveling mobs will strike next. Your town, perhaps.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        This idiocy is the Law of the Land now, apparently.
                        The Idiots won, and they will be making new and even more incoherent demands.

I would have quit too, but I would have had more to say about it.
                        as hear as I can figure, this man was hounded out of office by a team of Paid Communisty Organizers for the unforgivable crime, the Original Sin, of having been born white.
                        Period.
                        I wonder where these traveling mobs will strike next. Your town, perhaps.
                        I agree the idiots won but different idiots caved in to them. This whole thing is related to the Black Lives Matter thing, and I would guess that you're right this is not the last we'll hear of this 'movement'. These people are professional victims who should get what they deserve, nothing. They should have been ignored until they go away, and any football player who didn't live up to his commitment to play should lose their scholarship so that they can give it to someone more deserving. We've become a nation of *******, basically, who willingly bend over for every ****-ant special interest group that whines about how they have no opportunity--in a land where we have a black quasi-Muslim president they feel they lack opportunity. How foolish are these people, and how lame are those that cave in to their pressure rather than lay the hammer down and tell them go find another campus if you don't like this one.
                        Turns out the chief ****-ant Butler, he of the fake hunger strike, was angry about MU not being openly supportive of Ferguson protesters. He and his group surrounded Wolfe at the homecoming parade in his parade car and tried to bully him into getting out of the car, which he wisely elected not to do. The driver tried to ease around these people and had to back away when he got too close to some, until Butler backed into the hood and claimed he was bumped by the car. At that point he decided to go on a hunger strike until the MU president was ousted. Wolfe visited Butler to try to start a conversation about their concerns but Butler wouldn't meet with him, instead having one of his thugs tell Wolfe to go away. I think Butler is gunning to be the next Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, a professional victim who makes his living keeping racism alive.

Comment

This is quite scary that this is the attitude of so called places of learning and ideas now.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585154/mi...-bar-reporters

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                            This is quite scary that this is the attitude of so called places of learning and ideas now.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585154/mi...-bar-reporters
                            "It's typically white media who don't understand the importance of respecting black spaces," they tweeted.

They said the students needed to be "protected from twisted insincere narratives".
                            How typical. If the media isn't "reporting" the propaganda and party line of the protesters they are forcibly ejected from the area. That's how thugs and dictators operate.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              How typical. If the media isn't "reporting" the propaganda and party line of the protesters they are forcibly ejected from the area. That's how thugs and dictators operate.
                              It was a hilarious video. And another example of the left trying to stifle the media. Still, cue the "it's the liberal media's fault" outcry.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                                It was a hilarious video. And another example of the left trying to stifle the media. Still, cue the "it's the liberal media's fault" outcry.
                                I didn't say it was the media's fault, Liberal or not. Here, the Leftist protesters are the problem. They don't want anything that contradicts the party line, so-to-speak, to be put out by the media.

More hilariously, after the story starts getting out about the obtuse and vicious actions of the protesters towards the media, they make a 180 and start backpedalling.

The group later had a change of heart, issuing leaflets on Tuesday titled "Teachable Moment".

The material acknowledged reporters have a first amendment right to visit the campsite.

"The media is important to tell our story and experiences at Mizzou to the world," the leaflet said.

"Let's welcome them and thank them."
                                Translated: We looked like the bunch of asses we are and our actions generated negative publicity, so we're going to start acting like we love the media. Note, we're still going to expect them to only print propaganda and the party line, but we'll send them packing in a kinder, gentler way if they don't...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X