No announcement yet.

List of demands from Concerned Student 1950 group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a demand...do away with college sports. Watch what happen, cost of going to school goes down, grades go up. Cut out all the cost for transportation, uniforms, and equipment, same for the band and cheerleaders, building and maintenance of huge facilities that go unused for most of the year.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      I have always been of the opinion that the intellectual community is a particularly ill mannered den of backstabbing, politicizing. ladder climbers. Colleges are their jungle.
      Colleges are their jungle gyms.

Originally posted by wolfhnd
      If only the politically correct crowd had an inkling of the importance of conducting one's self as a gentleman or lady. There are ways to discuss issue that don't demean the process but are still effective. The current generation of activist seem to have forgotten that Martin Luther King was so effective because he made the other side look bad.

The unvarnished truth is often just a stage for venting the frustration of being irrelevant. The critical element our educational process fails to impart is the importance of self control and patient labor.
      Otherwise...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

We had similar crap at the local collage in 1972. A group of special scholarship students, translated, a group of Black underachievers from Detroit given a special Government Affirmative Action scholarship, launched a sit in protest in the Dean's office after most of them ended up on academic probation due to poor grades. Their demands, lower the minimum graduation standards to D from C.

This was also the years that busing was being forced on school districts in order to balance the racial makeup of the public schools.

I don't know if the collage bowed to that demand or not as it was my last year there.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          I have always been of the opinion that the intellectual community is a particularly ill mannered den of backstabbing, politicizing. ladder climbers. Colleges are their jungle.

If only the politically correct crowd had an inkling of the importance of conducting one's self as a gentleman or lady. There are ways to discuss issue that don't demean the process but are still effective. The current generation of activist seem to have forgotten that Martin Luther King was so effective because he made the other side look bad.

The unvarnished truth is often just a stage for venting the frustration of being irrelevant. The critical element our educational process fails to impart is the importance of self control and patient labor.
          The problem they have is that "the other side" isn't really bad anymore. Its just hypersensitivity and entitlement are rampant in today's society.
          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            I got a demand...do away with college sports. Watch what happen, cost of going to school goes down, grades go up. Cut out all the cost for transportation, uniforms, and equipment, same for the band and cheerleaders, building and maintenance of huge facilities that go unused for most of the year.
            You obviously have no idea how much college sports brings in for a University.
            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
              The football players are saying that they will not play again unless their demands are met. I say yank their scholarships and make them pay for the schooling themselves. Or let them transfer to some DIII school and enjoy traveling in vans, instead of airplanes, to every game.
              Their football team is garbage this year anyway.
              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                I was looking at a few news articles concerning this story, and the gist of what I found is someone said the N-word was used and a portion of the student body didn't think the President acted fast enough to cut off the offenders head, whoever that offender may have been, regardless if the incident actually occurred.
                this is the same impression that I have gotten.
                That one or two students said something mean to other students.
                It is amazing that the protestors not only think that this warrants that they essentially be given control of the school, but that the media seems to be taking them seriously.
                I have seen a number of news reports on this farce and none of them provided any context as to the cause of the complaints. They merely refer to "racial incidents".

I am kind of hoping that the school caves to their demands so we can see the consequences of that sort of pandering.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

SO, let's see...maybe the football coach has a rule saying that if you don't make it to practice and you don't have a doctor's note or a damn good reason for missing practice then you are off the team. If you're off the team then your sports scholarship is forfeited, your grades are held to a higher standard and they take away your free food privileges. Then you'll have plenty of time to stage protests, sit-ins, compose demands, what have you. Sounds fair.
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

All I see is revenge-racism with PCism as it's vehicle...though one could easily conclude that they are one and the same. I hope the universities and colleges fold....they created this crap in the first place, lets see how they deal with getting some of their own medicine?
                    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Mizzou will cave to the demands.

Comment

Originally posted by tcox View Post
                        Mizzou will cave to the demands.
                        Score one for the mob. The president resigned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aking-news-bar
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

And now it is starting at Yale, over an e-mail sent in response to demands no one wear any type of Halloween costume which might maybe could be possibly offensive to minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                            And now it is starting at Yale, over an e-mail sent in response to demands no one wear any type of Halloween costume which might maybe could be possibly offensive to minorities.
                            We had one of those emails at our campus as well, with a correction posted later.

Funnily enough, nobody rioted over it.

Comment

I think the trouble at Mizzou stems from Ferguson, honestly...some of the Mizzou students went to Ferguson to join the protests and looting there, and once it all calmed down they were angry that the university didn't say anything one way or the other about Ferguson. I guess they expected some sort of announcement of support for the protests or something but it's not clear what they thought would happen.
                              More recently, a small group of students surrounded the MU president's car at the homecoming parade and prevented it from moving. He didn't jump out of the car and start a conversation about their concerns...he and his wife were riding in the back and the driver eventually managed to drive away and join the rest of the parade. One grad student, who terrifyingly is majoring in educational leadership (ironic), has taken it upon himself to escalate this to ridiculous proportions and go on a hunger strike until the president is removed. I personally think this guy is just a self-promoter who is trying to make a name for himself a la Al Sharpton. I've heard rumors locally that his hunger strike includes a few snacks here and there, so I don't think he would ever have actually starved to death.
                              The school caved, which was a mistake, and now other schools around the country will also need to deal with the small number of 'victims' who feel that they've been wronged and want to get loud about it.
                              This is an example of victimhood run amok...these students are not actually discriminated against at all: one incident they are complaining about was someone yelling the n-word from a passing pickup truck. This is one of those campuses that spreads out all over the downtown area so regular streets run through parts of campus and this was most likely some local hick yelling at black students. Admittedly racist but what's the university president supposed to do, chase down the hick and leap onto his pickup truck? Another incident they mentioned was that someone drew a swastika on the wall of a new dorm with feces...the swastika is not an anti-black symbol so not sure how this connects. The dorm was just a dorm not any kind of racist dorm. This entire thing is confusing and honestly stupid, and I'm encouraging other people around here to just stop going to the football games for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                                People don't realize that college sports, especially football, is very expensive in fact most college football programs lose money. It's the boosters who pay the bills for the football program and will also give large amounts money to academic programs as long as the football program comes first.
                                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Snowshoveler
                                  Attack against Saudi Arabia
                                  by Snowshoveler
                                  Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure was attacked by around 10 armed drones by Yemens Houthi rebels and has caused SA to lose half their oil production....
                                  Yesterday, 17:56
                                • hobo9
                                  C-123B
                                  by hobo9
                                  Would anyone know the wheel and tire sizes (NLG & MLG) for the Fairchild C-123B Provider?
                                  Thank you,
                                  P.N....
                                  Yesterday, 17:22
                                • Mountain Man
                                  Here Comes The Gas Gouge!
                                  by Mountain Man
                                  Drone strike on Saudi oil fields...the perfect excuse for another round of gas price hikes. And I'll bet all that "excess capacity" just magically...
                                  Yesterday, 16:30
                                Working...
                                X