X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of demands from Concerned Student 1950 group

You can read the demands at this link

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...0110b8.pdf.pdf

Basicly they are demanding that minorities have a say in who runs the college and that colleges have curriculum that addresses race issue.

Only thing interesting is the idea that it is a demand which I assume means they have the power to enforce their will on the university system?
    We hunt the hunters

More crazies who want to be in charge of the asylum.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      Basicly they are demanding that minorities have a say in who runs the college and that colleges have curriculum that addresses race issue.
      College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
      Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
      Tim Wolfe reads his apology
      Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
      Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
      Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        College kids being college kids........their demands contradict themselves:

I. Tim Wolfe write an apology
        Tim Wolfe holds a press conference
        Tim Wolfe reads his apology
        Tim Wolfe acknowledge his 'white male privilege'
        Tim Wolfe recognize that systems of oppression exists
        Tim Wolfe provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling 1-9-5-0 demands

Then we go into the second demand:

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president.

The kids haven't figure out that if he is immediately removed.....he can't do the first requirement...
        Hey, they're idiots, but at least they're taking an interest. Most kids their age are just apathetic slouches who don't have the drive to even write a contradictory manifesto.

Comment

I don't blame them, because Wolfe is obviously an idiot who has yet to realize that appeasement in NEVER the answer to radical demands.

If he wants to indulge in large-scale masochistic butt kissing, I'm sure he can get the faculty to indulge his needs.

As for these students, they are not being held at gunpoint, they are free to leave the school at any time, and they should immediately do so in order that they not be subjected to massive lawsuits for infringing on the rights of all of the other students, along with suing Wolfe for indulging them in the first place.

You fight fire with fire, not with sucking up.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            Hey, they're idiots, but at least they're taking an interest. Most kids their age are just apathetic slouches who don't have the drive to even write a contradictory manifesto.

Good point....
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Concerned Student 1950, thus, represents every Black student admitted to the University of
              Missouri since then and their sentiments regarding racerelated
              affairs affecting their lives at a
              predominantly white institution.
              The condescension here is hilarious. The writer(s) of this screed claim to speak for all Black students that ever attended that university...

Talk about arrogance...

I like demand 8 in particular:

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campuswide awareness and visibility.
              There are several grammatical errors in it, and it is also genuinely vague in its demand. "Social Justice(s) centers?" What would these do? Would they met out punishment to students and facility who aren't politically correct or following whatever "Social Justice" the centers decide on?

Typical idiot radical activist students. I give them a C on their paper. There goes their GPA in the toilet...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                The condescension here is hilarious. The writer(s) of this screed claim to speak for all Black students that ever attended that university...

Talk about arrogance...

I like demand 8 in particular:

There are several grammatical errors in it, and it is also genuinely vague in its demand. "Social Justice(s) centers?" What would these do? Would they met out punishment to students and facility who aren't politically correct or following whatever "Social Justice" the centers decide on?

Typical idiot radical activist students. I give them a C on their paper. There goes their GPA in the toilet...
                They're athletes. What did you expect? Most of them are just being used by the school to make money off their sports programs. They're not there for an education.

Comment

The football players are saying that they will not play again unless their demands are met. I say yank their scholarships and make them pay for the schooling themselves. Or let them transfer to some DIII school and enjoy traveling in vans, instead of airplanes, to every game.

Comment

While I'm sure that almost every black person in America has been discriminated against they are not alone. Discrimination is universal and afflicts the fat, the ugly, the short, the tall, the near sighted, those with unusual voices, and a host of other attributes people cannot control. Since the worst aspect or at least the most obvious aspects of racial discrimination have been overcome blacks are now just one minority amongst hundreds of groups that are discriminated against.

For me at least I think it is time to focus on discrimination that results from poor manners, antipathy, a lack of objective fairness and incivility. While I have often bemoaned the politically correct crowd they have a point and eliminating hate speech and raising awareness are worthy goals. I believe that instilling an expectation for people being proper and of good character eliminates most of what they object to and is a more civil approach.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Someone tell these "students" that Missouri was on the Union side of the Civil War. This is not Alabama or Georgia.

On the other side of the coin, some major Football powers create programs that Athletes can pass with less work. Two I can think of are "General Studies" and "Black Studies".

Missouri has access to Texas and Illinois to recruit in. You would think they could find eligible non-minority athletes they can win with.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

You forgot "Sports Management", consisting mostly of making sure one goes to the practice field on time.

GG
                        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          While I'm sure that almost every black person in America has been discriminated against they are not alone. Discrimination is universal and afflicts the fat, the ugly, the short, the tall, the near sighted, those with unusual voices, and a host of other attributes people cannot control. Since the worst aspect or at least the most obvious aspects of racial discrimination have been overcome blacks are now just one minority amongst hundreds of groups that are discriminated against.
                          You forgot white immigrants, affirmative action discriminates against them more than 'African' Americans.

Comment

I was looking at a few news articles concerning this story, and the gist of what I found is someone said the N-word was used and a portion of the student body didn't think the President acted fast enough to cut off the offenders head, whoever that offender may have been, regardless if the incident actually occurred.

Comment

I have always been of the opinion that the intellectual community is a particularly ill mannered den of backstabbing, politicizing. ladder climbers. Colleges are their jungle.

If only the politically correct crowd had an inkling of the importance of conducting one's self as a gentleman or lady. There are ways to discuss issue that don't demean the process but are still effective. The current generation of activist seem to have forgotten that Martin Luther King was so effective because he made the other side look bad.

The unvarnished truth is often just a stage for venting the frustration of being irrelevant. The critical element our educational process fails to impart is the importance of self control and patient labor.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X