Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Carson Thinks Hip-Hop Is Ruining Black Communities, But He'll Use It to Get Votes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Carson Thinks Hip-Hop Is Ruining Black Communities, But He'll Use It to Get Votes

Retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson once said that hip-hop created a culture that's destroying black communities, but that was months ago. This week, the Republican candidate is singing a different tune in an attempt to use rhymes to shake off sideswipes from his rival Donald Trump about him being "super low energy" and soft-spoken.

On Friday, Carson will drop an original rap song titled "Freedom," which the 64-year-old created with the help of the Christian rapper Aspiring Mogul. The candidate's campaign hopes the ad will inspire young black voters in eight urban markets — Miami; Atlanta; Houston; Detroit; Memphis; Birmingham, Alabama; Jackson, Mississippi; and Little Rock, Arkansas.
    Vice - Full Article

I find it hard to believe that Carson, the guy who said Obamacare is as bad as slavery, winning any Black voters over to the Party of the Southern Strategy.
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

This is the guy who believes the Pyramids were used to store grain, that the Nazis were able to carry out the Holocaust because

"German citizens were disarmed by their government in the late 1930s,"
      http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...son-nazi-guns/

By all accounts he has made up his troubled youth, also lied about his relationship with a dodgy health company, is a plagiarist and has claimed that he would take on an armed attacker if the situation arose but then says that in a robbery he directed the guy to the cashier - as well as there being no record (so far) of such an incident. Among other things also

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-quotes-214614

The guy seems to be a total liability every time he opens his mouth. Scary that he is even a candidate.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Oh look, a new Republican must be #1 in the Polls.

The Left has a new Public Enemy #1.

Yeah, whatever.

Comment

"Ben Carson says....." could be the name of an exciting new thread where posters could just drop in a random collection of insane ideas & see which ones are closest to the crazy things he actually says. This guy was undoubtedly a fine surgeon, but in other respects he seems to have been on the Kool Aid for a little too long.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just another example of the racist left attacking a Black man.....

Interesting thing about this is that he is a brain surgeon
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Meh I don't think its racism yet, its just they fear him and so the mud slinging has begun. When they start in on the 'uncle tom' bit, (and they will) that's when they've brought out the white sheets...

Funny thing is both trump and shillary fear this guy so expect lots of attacks and mud slinging from both of those...

It's just a circus, Idc.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Attacking with his own words no less. Shame, shame
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well he should of stuck to Surgery. He's a walking gaffe machine.
                  ´
                  “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    Interesting article,

On Friday, Carson will drop an original rap song titled "Freedom," which the 64-year-old created with the help of the Christian rapper Aspiring Mogul.

I was unaware of the musical field of Christian rap.

Comment

Where itt did someone say something racist such as blacks are lazy, or whites are out to get us?

Comment

Probably using hip-hop because that's the language of the ghettos and the projects.

Says a lot about America.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          Meh I don't think its racism yet, its just they fear him and so the mud slinging has begun. When they start in on the 'uncle tom' bit, (and they will) that's when they've brought out the white sheets...

Funny thing is both trump and shillary fear this guy so expect lots of attacks and mud slinging from both of those...

It's just a circus, Idc.
                          I argued with a leftist progressive clown on Facebook the other day that in the past has called me racist because I defend the South when it comes to Civil War history. Yet in this argument he called Dr. Ben Carson a "house-nigger". The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds. And I believe they are truly blind to their hypocrisy. I used to think they just didn't care but I really believe now that they are genuinely ignorant of it.
                          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                            I argued with a leftist progressive clown on Facebook the other day that in the past has called me racist because I defend the South when it comes to Civil War history. Yet in this argument he called Dr. Ben Carson a "house-nigger". The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds. And I believe they are truly blind to their hypocrisy. I used to think they just didn't care but I really believe now that they are genuinely ignorant of it.
                            My buddies mainly lean to the left yet I don't detect overt racism. A distinct hate for conservatives, sure. That's driven by the media that they watch. As I've stated before I think the media is what that is driving the hate on both sides... (Keep us divided so we are all so busy fighting and fearing each other so we can't have a logical discourse.)

Maybe its that they are all educated and intelligent, (which racists aren't.) But culturally out here I just don't see it existing...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Racism? Someone can be exceptionally qualified and knowledgeable in one area whilst still holding some foolish ideas and be ignorant in other areas. It also does not mean that every brain surgeon is an honest man
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X