This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    That is what the liberal media want you to believe, reality doesn't match what you are preaching here:

One of the little-noticed political developments in the last four years is that the GOP, the party of whitebreads, has made far bigger strides than Democrats in promoting minorities to high political office. Writer John Avlon pointed out after the 2012 elections that although Democrats had placed more minorities in the House, the opposite was the case in the Senate.

The sole black person in the Senate is a Republican (South Carolina's Tim Scott). Only one Democratic senator (Robert Menendez) is a Hispanic compared to two Republicans (Rubio and Cruz). Even more remarkably, Republicans have two Hispanics (Brian Sandoval in Nevada and Susana Martinez in New Mexico) and two Indian Americans (Nikki Haley in South Carolina and Jindal in Louisiana) in gubernatorial mansions. The Democratic Party? Zero on both counts.

http://theweek.com/articles/560059/w...ity-candidates

BTW, you obviously didn't watch the video that Destroyer 25 posted....
    The entire leadership of the GOP could be non-white and it wouldn't change the GOP's constituency, which is still white and male.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
      I hate to tell you this but whites are becoming a minority in the USA, and probably sooner rather than later. It is not just a question of "pandering to minorities." The Republican party has been turning itself into the party of white social conservatives.

The country is changing whether you and I like it or not. In my case it is not the fiscal conservatives that put me off, it's the social conservatives that chase me away. I would not care if my neighbor is a pot smoking, cross dressing gay man in relationship with another gay man, owns a Desert Eagle and has a conceal and carry permit and is member of the Church of Latter Day Weirdos, as long as he does not intrude on my own way of living my life.

What I found absolutely appalling is that in the last presidential election the one Republican candidate that I personally really liked was Jon Huntsman. His candidacy never got off the ground because he could not make it past the ultra-conservative inquisition primarily because he was Obama's ambassador to China!

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/...9751425612082/
      Excellent! Watch out when we become a minority, and all the former minorities find out they have to support us!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        The entire leadership of the GOP could be non-white and it wouldn't change the GOP's constituency, which is still white and male.
        Seriously? How racially paranoid are you?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Seriously? How racially paranoid are you?
          'Paranoia' is the new 'factually aware', it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

Stupid? There have been very few occasions since 1976, when I wasn't the "smartest guy in the room."
            I'm pretty sure you have to define "smartest guy in the room" carefully. It would seem unlikely that a room full of democratic voters could not be assembled with IQs over 160.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

I was replying to this:

If the GOP continues to be the party of white guys - and it most definitively is right now - it will wither and fade.
              The GOP obviously isn't the party of white guys.

Did you watch Destroyer25's video?
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                I'm pretty sure you have to define "smartest guy in the room" carefully. It would seem unlikely that a room full of democratic voters could not be assembled with IQs over 160.
                Since I have a real job, I've never been in a room full of Democrats.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

We have a winner!!! However, this would have nothing to do with race or gender.

Last edited by The Doctor; 05 Nov 15, 19:31.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    I was replying to this:

The GOP obviously isn't the party of white guys.

Did you watch Destroyer25's video?
                    The GOP is the party of net taxpayers.

Comment

Since I have a real job, I've never been in a room full of Democrats.
                      Not even that good of a joke.
                      First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The intent is not by any political group, but by the various sub-populations themselves. Just take a look at Hispanic activism. Just exactly what is a "Hispanic", and how did it come to include white people? "White, of non-Hispanic origin"?

What is a "Latino"?

But hey...all white people look alike, right? But we aren't, so maybe it's time for everyone to become an "American", period, because once we're born here we are all Native Americans by legal definition. The Indians can look somewhere else for their victim status name.
                        Excellent post.

Concerning the PC use of native American, the Canadian term "First Nations" is much more appropriate and respectful.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I think Asians tend to vote Democrat because the DNC do community outreach and provide lots of goodwill in Chinatown, Koreatown, Japantown and Little Saigon.

Although...well-to-do Asians tend to vote Republican.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

We have a winner!!! However, this would have nothing to do with race or gender.

Unfortunately it does. The party's base, it's voters, are white men, a group that is losing its dominance within the American electorate. Regardless of the race or gender of the leadership, GOP political power still comes from white men.

Comment

"Asian Indians, with the highest median household incomes among Asian Americans, are the most one-sidedly Democratic; Vietnamese Americans, with one of the lowest median household income levels, continue to have some of the highest rates of Republican voting. Asian Americans are increasingly likely to view common political interests as a defining aspect of a shared Asian American identity, despite their conspicuous degree of within-group heterogeneity. And so on."

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/fixgo...g-patterns-lee

Poor Asians vote Republican?

"Moreover, the strongest support for the Republican Party is now found in the southern states (a striking historical reversal), especially in suburban or rural areas, and it is easy to see how Asian Americans, who are concentrated on the East and West Coasts and in cities, might tend to find Southerners culturally alien. And, being well educated as a group, Asian Americans may be disturbed by the hostility to science, particularly evolutionary biology, which Republican supporters and politicians have exhibited of late."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ent_obama.html

So the best educated minority think that there is a problem with repubtards?

"Eighty-three percent of Asian Americans describe themselves as “environmentalists,” while 52 percent of all California voters consider themselves environmentalists. That number was even higher for Chinese Americans, with 96 percent calling themselves environmentalists."

http://www.asianconnections.com/comp...sts-poll-finds

Asians in other words are what Doc refers to as "Greentards" and vote accordingly.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

One of the the reasons why Vietnamese Americans vote more heavily GOP is historical, though I believe voting patterns are shifting as generational change occurs.

In Australia the situation is the reverse - Vietnamese voters strongly back the left of centre Labor Party. That is all the opposition the ALP had to the Vietnam War (much more pronounced than the Democrats) and the fact that the ALP initially opposed Vietnamese refugees coming to Australia, while the conservative Liberal Party actively supported it.

Why the odd electoral outcome? this thread contains the answers. One is that the ALP had the infrastructure and desire to immediately reach out to the growing Vietnamese community & make the personal connections that can be important in getting support from some groups (including groups that support the GOP ). It dropped its opposition to refugees & embraced the Vietnamese community. The other is that the Liberal Party looked much too much like a 'white people's party', despite its greater initial commitment to refugees.

Watching the ongoing inability of conservative voters to grasp the problem here never stops being funny. Quibble about definitions; scream 'racism' at Democrats; play victim; blame the 'liberal media; imply that 'minority' voters are stupid; play victim some more; complain about the very existence of 'minorities' who don't vote GOP; miss the fact that one of these groups is women (see the problem there fellas?); refer to attempts to reach out to 'minority' groups as 'pandering'; play victim a bit more.

Rinse, repeat and never, ever, consider the possibility that any aspect of the problem might lie with the GOP & its base.

Too funny.
                                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X