Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Republicans would quit worrying about minorities and pandering to them, listen to their constituents, and carry through on campaign promises they might win a presidential election.
    I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
      If Republicans would quit worrying about minorities and pandering to them, listen to their constituents, and carry through on campaign promises they might win a presidential election.
      You mean, if Republicans didn't act like the Democrats always do, they could beat the Democrats? You do realize that pandering to the minorities is the Democratic approach to everything, right?

What would be the point of that? It's already pretty much a one-party system since there is little appreciable difference between the parties and their respective levels of incompetence.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You mean, if Republicans didn't act like the Democrats always do, they could beat the Democrats? You do realize that pandering to the minorities is the Democratic approach to everything, right?

What would be the point of that? It's already pretty much a one-party system since there is little appreciable difference between the parties and their respective levels of incompetence.
        Exactly. Are you going to vote Republican this time?
        I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Since anyone who votes Democrat is either a Marxist or a moron, it's impossible to "explain why blacks vote overwhelmingly Dem without insulting the voting group."
          That kind of response is rather beneath you Doc, and ranks right there with the opinion of one of my former colleagues that "people that vote Republican are either rich, bigoted or stupid." I often disagree with you but I can tell from the tenor of your posts you are certainly not stupid, I have the impression that you are not bigoted, and you are probably not rich, or did I miss something?
          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Couldn't agree more, I feel the same way.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Exactly. Are you going to vote Republican this time?
              I'm a registered Independent. I have never favored voting a party line since it's insane to do.

Do I make a difference? Probably not, but at least I stand up for what I believe.

Comment

I hate to tell you this but whites are becoming a minority in the USA, and probably sooner rather than later. It is not just a question of "pandering to minorities." The Republican party has been turning itself into the party of white social conservatives.

The country is changing whether you and I like it or not. In my case it is not the fiscal conservatives that put me off, it's the social conservatives that chase me away. I would not care if my neighbor is a pot smoking, cross dressing gay man in relationship with another gay man, owns a Desert Eagle and has a conceal and carry permit and is member of the Church of Latter Day Weirdos, as long as he does not intrude on my own way of living my life.

What I found absolutely appalling is that in the last presidential election the one Republican candidate that I personally really liked was Jon Huntsman. His candidacy never got off the ground because he could not make it past the ultra-conservative inquisition primarily because he was Obama's ambassador to China!

Census: White children to become minority by 2020

WASHINGTON, March 5 (UPI) -- The United States Census Bureau this week projected that five years from now, white children will be in the minority -- and by 2044 whites will be wholly outnumbered by nonwhites.

The projection analysis released by the USCB cites multiple reasons for the change in population makeup, most notably that the number of immigrants arriving in the United States is higher than ever. The report also said that birth rates among white couples is on the decline, while nonwhite couples are experiencing a baby boom of sorts.
                http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/...9751425612082/
                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                  That kind of response is rather beneath you Doc, and ranks right there with the opinion of one of my former colleagues that "people that vote Republican are either rich, bigoted or stupid." I often disagree with you but I can tell from the tenor of your posts you are certainly not stupid, I have the impression that you are not bigoted, and you are probably not rich, or did I miss something?
                  There is no other explanation for people to vote for Democrats.

As far as your colleague's opinion...

Rich? Depends on how you define the word.

Stupid? There have been very few occasions since 1976, when I wasn't the "smartest guy in the room."

Bigoted?
                  :a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially ne who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
                  http://i.word.com/idictionary/bigot

I am highly bigoted in favor of my own opinions because they are solidly grounded in logic. And I am highly bigoted against two groups of people: morons and Marxists.

I vote Republican because they are less hostile than Democrats are towards liberty, prosperity and the republican form of governance guaranteed by our Constitution.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                    When DoD put forth a challenge recently for conservatives to explain why blacks vote overwhelmingly Dem without insulting the voting group or blaming a third party not a single person managed to do it. I'll be curious to see if anyone can manage it here. Of course, it is more likely the thread will drop like a stone instead.
                    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                      I hate to tell you this but whites are becoming a minority in the USA, and probably sooner rather than later. It is not just a question of "pandering to minorities." The Republican party has been turning itself into the party of white social conservatives.
                      Naturally the whites are becoming a minority.....the government tells us so. Ever notice that when a white person marries a different race....the off-spring are all considered the different race....

The Republicans have a Black, Woman, and Hispanic candidates running for President.........the 'white social conservative' doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                        I'd thought I'd post this article to dispel the myth that most minorities vote Democrats because they're lazy poor people who want free stuff. Asian Americas have a higher income than Whites and yet have swung from supporting Republican to Democrats in the past 25 years.
                        What I dont get is why do some conservative folks praise and love Asians while also suggesting that other types of peaceful people are lazy or out to get us.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                          What I dont get is why do some conservative folks praise and love Asians while also suggesting that other types of peaceful people are lazy or out to get us.
                          Do you have some links to "conservative folks praising Asians while also suggesting that other peaceful people are lazy" or are you just throwing that out here and hoping it will stick?

Comment

When have they pandered to minorities?

If anything, the refusal to even try to appeal to non-whites is their most glaring fault. Their constituency is white males, and it is shrinking. If the GOP continues to be the party of white guys - and it most definitively is right now - it will wither and fade.

As long as the GOP cannot find fault in its own platform, then they cannot change their path because they will continue to alienate non-white voters. Conservatives can either realize this, or keep their head buried in the sand and believe that it's not their fault non-whites don't support them.

Comment

So Asians don't vote Republican because they "pander to minorities", but do vote for the party of the minorities that always has pandered to them for decades and is responsible for all of the major welfare and social programs - the Democrats?

Well...that's the end of that argument. Wasn't much to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                                If the GOP continues to be the party of white guys - and it most definitively is right now - it will wither and fade.
                                That is what the liberal media want you to believe, reality doesn't match what you are preaching here:

One of the little-noticed political developments in the last four years is that the GOP, the party of whitebreads, has made far bigger strides than Democrats in promoting minorities to high political office. Writer John Avlon pointed out after the 2012 elections that although Democrats had placed more minorities in the House, the opposite was the case in the Senate.

The sole black person in the Senate is a Republican (South Carolina's Tim Scott). Only one Democratic senator (Robert Menendez) is a Hispanic compared to two Republicans (Rubio and Cruz). Even more remarkably, Republicans have two Hispanics (Brian Sandoval in Nevada and Susana Martinez in New Mexico) and two Indian Americans (Nikki Haley in South Carolina and Jindal in Louisiana) in gubernatorial mansions. The Democratic Party? Zero on both counts.

http://theweek.com/articles/560059/w...ity-candidates

BTW, you obviously didn't watch the video that Destroyer 25 posted....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X