This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Asian Americans Don't Vote Republican

I'd thought I'd post this article to dispel the myth that most minorities vote Democrats because they're lazy poor people who want free stuff. Asian Americas have a higher income than Whites and yet have swung from supporting Republican to Democrats in the past 25 years.

Originally posted by The Washington Post
    Why Asian Americans don’t vote Republican

By Cecilia Hyunjung Mo / November 2

During the recent No Labels-hosted Problem Solver Convention in New Hampshire, things got a little uncomfortable.

When Joseph Choe, an Asian American college student, stood up to ask a question about South Korea, Donald Trump cut him off and wondered aloud: “Are you from South Korea?”

Choe responded, “I’m not. I was born in Texas, raised in Colorado.” His answer prompted laughter from the audience, and nothing more than a shrug from the GOP presidential candidate.

Media outlets like NPR and the Huffington Post mocked this interaction as a “Where are you from?” moment.

A fellow conference attendee who walked by Choe subsequently joked, “You’re gonna have to show him your birth certificate, man!”

Although Trump probably did not intend to offend, this interaction likely reminded Choe and other Asian American voters that being Asian often translates to being perceived by fellow Americans as a foreigner.

Read More...
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Asians. Gotta love it. Lumping incredibly diverse groups of people who quite often hate each other into one PC epithet.

Which Asians are we talking about? Indians? Japanese? Inuit? Russians? Tajiks? Persians?
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Inuit are generally considered to be NA and not Asian.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Inuit are generally considered to be NA and not Asian.
        Genetically, they are Asians. Governmentally, they are Native Americans. Grammatically, anyone who was born in the Americas is a native American.

Gotta love government, it can't even categorize correctly.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Genetically, they are Asians. Governmentally, they are Native Americans. Grammatically, anyone who was born in the Americas is a native American.

Gotta love government, it can't even categorize correctly.
          And they still live on the Asian side of the Straits.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            And they still live on the Asian side of the Straits.
            A few small percentage live in Asia/Russia
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

When DoD put forth a challenge recently for conservatives to explain why blacks vote overwhelmingly Dem without insulting the voting group or blaming a third party not a single person managed to do it. I'll be curious to see if anyone can manage it here. Of course, it is more likely the thread will drop like a stone instead.
              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                When DoD put forth a challenge recently for conservatives to explain why blacks vote overwhelmingly Dem without insulting the voting group or blaming a third party not a single person managed to do it. I'll be curious to see if anyone can manage it here. Of course, it is more likely the thread will drop like a stone instead.
                Since anyone who votes Democrat is either a Marxist or a moron, it's impossible to "explain why blacks vote overwhelmingly Dem without insulting the voting group."
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                  I'd thought I'd post this article to dispel the myth that most minorities vote Democrats because they're lazy poor people who want free stuff.
                  where did you get your myth from?

Maybe you should read your link and the hyperlinks within it and apply some critical thinking. She obviously wanted to put you in a box and it appears that she did.

Asian Americas have a higher income than Whites
                  From one of your links:

Asians recently passed Hispanics as the largest group of new immigrants to the United States. The educational credentials of these recent arrivals are striking. More than six-in-ten (61%) adults ages 25 to 64 who have come from Asia in recent years have at least a bachelor’s degree. This is double the share among recent non-Asian arrivals, and almost surely makes the recent Asian arrivals the most highly educated cohort of immigrants in U.S. history.

Where did you determine that Asian Americans have a higher income than White Americans? The article clearly shows that they are being compared with other immigrants. If that isn't enough to make you want to escape the box; how about this from the same article:

Note: Asians include mixed-race population, regardless of Hispanic origin. Whites and Blacks include only non-Hispanic. Hispanics are of any race. Household income is based on householders ages 18 and older; race and ethnicity are based on those of household head.

So if you are mixed race you are labeled Asian but if you are White or Black....you are labeled white or Black.....think about that Jonathan.

and yet have swung from supporting Republican to Democrats in the past 25 years.
                  Again, from the link:

Buried in the blue and red bars of the exit poll results from Tuesday’s midterm elections is an astonishing figure. Asian Americans were nearly evenly split in their voting in congressional races: 50 percent to 49 percent, with a nod to Democrats by the faintest of recordable margins. Why is this astonishing? Because just two years ago, exit polling showed that Asian Americans broke overwhelmingly in favor of the Democrats — 73 percent to 26 percent.

So in 2012 the 'Asian Americans' that could be a mixed race population voted overwhelmingly Democrat by a 73% to 26% margin.

In 2014 the 'Asian Americans' that could be a mixed race population voted Democrat by a 50% to 49% margin.

If you can get pasted the definition of what an Asian American is.....

The trend shows that 23% of this group switched back to Republican.

That isn't an increase.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Asians. Gotta love it. Lumping incredibly diverse groups of people who quite often hate each other into one PC epithet.

Which Asians are we talking about? Indians? Japanese? Inuit? Russians? Tajiks? Persians?
                    Russians properly aren't Asian and vote usually Republican.
                    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                      You only need to read the links that the OP provided. The writer provided links that show her article is intentionally misleading.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

As an asian American, I vote the way I do because threads and conversations like these influence how people perceive us.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one observing.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                          As an asian American, I vote the way I do because threads and conversations like these influence how people perceive us.
                          The problem with the OP and the links are that they want you to think inside a box.

To them a person from the Philippines is the same as a person from Japan.....they are all Asian Americans.

A White American marries an 'Asian'....their children are all Asian American going by the way they define what an Asian American is.

If they applied that same logic to Whites....there would be very few Whites globally.

The intent of the left in the US appears to be to divide the population as much as possible. Instead of all of us being Americans, they separate the population into boxes; Asian, African, Hispanic, Indian.........it is easier to swindle smaller groups than larger groups.

If collectively we all recognize that we are Americans and not some ethnic, racial, or religious sub group.....the politicians from both sides would not be able to get away with the crap that they do now.

Think about when you were in the service;

Did the sub groups determined what the ship was doing or was it a collective effort from the ship's crew?

Comment

Yeah...kind of like white people, right? We're all form different national origins but we're all just lumped into "White of non-Hispanic origin" by our idiot government, and by blacks and asians.

Sounds like another self-proclaimed victim to me.

He needs to buy the T-shirt:

I AM A SELF-PROCLAIMED VICTIM. IF FOUND IN SELF-PROCLAIMED DISTRESS, PLEASE NOTIFY A LAWYER.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              The problem with the OP and the links are that they want you to think inside a box.

To them a person from the Philippines is the same as a person from Japan.....they are all Asian Americans.

A White American marries an 'Asian'....their children are all Asian American going by the way they define what an Asian American is.

If they applied that same logic to Whites....there would be very few Whites globally.

The intent of the left in the US appears to be to divide the population as much as possible. Instead of all of us being Americans, they separate the population into boxes; Asian, African, Hispanic, Indian.........it is easier to swindle smaller groups than larger groups.

If collectively we all recognize that we are Americans and not some ethnic, racial, or religious sub group.....the politicians from both sides would not be able to get away with the crap that they do now.

Think about when you were in the service;

Did the sub groups determined what the ship was doing or was it a collective effort from the ship's crew?
                              The intent is not by any political group, but by the various sub-populations themselves. Just take a look at Hispanic activism. Just exactly what is a "Hispanic", and how did it come to include white people? "White, of non-Hispanic origin"?

What is a "Latino"?

But hey...all white people look alike, right? But we aren't, so maybe it's time for everyone to become an "American", period, because once we're born here we are all Native Americans by legal definition. The Indians can look somewhere else for their victim status name.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X