Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio wisely votes no on a bad marijuana law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    If the law had passed employees could still ban use by their employees.
    The law did pass; however, Colorado is finding out that the problems associated with it exceed the benefits.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally Posted by 17thfabn
      If the law had passed employees could still ban use by their employees.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The law did pass; however, Colorado is finding out that the problems associated with it exceed the benefits.
      I was refering to if the law had passed in Ohio.

So in your view "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" isn't working out too well?

What problems are you seeing in Colorado?
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I would contend that the major problem that employers have with employees regarding their use of marijuana on the job would be the same as if the employee used alcohol while on the job. Using marijuana is probably less dangerous though.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
          I would contend that the major problem that employers have with employees regarding their use of marijuana on the job would be the same as if the employee used alcohol while on the job. Using marijuana is probably less dangerous though.
          One problem with marijuana testing is that it stays in your system so long. So if some one did pot a month ago it will have no effect on them now. But they can still test positive.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I meant 'on the job'. We all know that the three martini lunch went the way of the dodo long ago but what citizens do on their own time should be sacrosanct.
            I'm sure showing up for work with a hangover plus the resulting shakes, sweats, bad breath, tiredness, headaches, sour stomach and the myriad other symptoms of alcohol overindulgence would probably be cause for a manager to recommend that a person at least go clean themselves up. Overindulgence in pot the night before most likely would not result in similar results. Though an expensive (and invasive) test would be required to see if a person had indulged in marijuana, unless that person exhibited obvious impairment there would be no reason to believe that he/she had used pot.
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Yesterday Ohio voters by a 65 to 35 % margin voted down issue three that would have legalized marijuana in Ohio.

Regardless of how you feel about the legalization of marijuana this was a bad law.

The key problem was that 10 groups of investors would have exclusive rights to commercial production of marijuana in Ohio. Not surprisingly this group spent the lions share of money on this issue. By some reports they spent $20 million on their campaign which failed.

I'm glad my fellow voters in Ohio turned down a law that would have given control of this to a small group of investors.
              Wrt the bold Its probably not as bad as your making it out to be. But with that said cancer patients can be saved by medical cannabis...For this reason alone it is unfortunate that at least medical cannabis is not legal, on a federal level that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                All they need is for West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana or Michigan to legalise Pot. Then the Potheads will get their supply out of state and bring it home.

Pruitt
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Colorado is having second thoughts about it, and many employers will terminate someone immediately for a positive urine test whether they have a prescription or not.

Thought this thread was about how the OP finds that some folks in Ohio want to monopolize a business.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Because Progressives and the Left have been heavily behind most of the other legalization efforts. Here they actually opposed it because of the crass crony capitalism. Here's the list of investors that would have had a monopoly on growing it in Ohio:

The named investors are:
                •Rick Kirk, owner of a construction company in Columbus;
                •Mr. Robertson, who a graduate of the University of Cincinnati;
                •Nanette Lepore, a fashion entrepreneur originally from Youngstown;
                •Barbara Gould, Cincinnati community leader;
                •Frostee Rucker, professional football player who formerly played with the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns;
                •Frank Wood, CEO of Secret Communications LLC private venture capital company who lives in Cincinnati;
                •Sir Alan Mooney, a stockbroker and board member of the Ohio Council of Churches;
                •William J. Foster, owner of A-1 Quality Logistical Solutions, of Cincinnati;
                •William “Cheney” Pruett, president and CEO of DMP Investments;
                •John Humphrey, chief financial officer of DMP Investments; and,
                •Bobby George, managing member of Corporate Management Group, described as a leader in finance, land development, business management and marketing, event planning, hospitality and entertainment and consulting, and based in Lakewood, Ohio.

Had the legislation been more like it has been in other states the Left would have been almost giddy to get behind it.
                I'm somewhat surprised that itt you are talking about "progressives" and the "left".

Comment

One problem with marijuana testing is that it stays in your system so long. So if some one did pot a month ago it will have no effect on them now. But they can still test positive.
                  Seeing that most of the threads posts get away from the specific topic of your OP, Ill respond to your above point.

Cannabis testing can be conducted in numerous fashions. The hair tests(used by the FBI for example) can trace Cannabis use going back a few years. The urine tests(which many companies here in the US use) can trace Cannabis use back for about a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                    But with that said cancer patients can be saved by medical cannabis...For this reason alone it is unfortunate that at least medical cannabis is not legal, on a federal level that is.
                    Huh, the AMA will be glad to hear that news.
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 05 Nov 15, 14:14.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Thought this thread was about how the OP finds that some folks in Ohio want to monopolize a business.

I'm somewhat surprised that itt you are talking about "progressives" and the "left".
                      So was I. You would think that a few people trying to corner the market would be right up the conservative alley.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

It still doesn't make sense to me .

You got 10 corps that are going to what?

Buy existing pot farms?
                        Start new pot farms? Using what type and such?
                        Call the cartels' hot-line?
                        Buy Colorado Mtn High?
                        Where would the farms be located?

Have they done alot of testing?

Have they done too much testing?

Potential gold-mine of money is it not?

Do the corps get the extra money or does it go to the State?

Weird plan.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I am noting what has been the case with past legislation, and noted that with Ohio's the Left was opposed because of the crass crony capitalism involved.

You might note, here in Arizona "medical" marijuana was on the ballot several times as a voter initiative. I voted against it, but it finally passed. The legislature promptly passed legislation overturning the will of the people. It was put on the ballot again, and I voted for it because I believed the legislature has no friggin' business overturning something the people decided should be legal, whatever the moral, ethical, or other measure of its worth might entail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X