Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF69
    replied
    Presidential Polls are more accurate because turnout is higher. While any individual poll is meaningless, when viewed overall they can be informative. People who knew where to look managed to get every state correct in the 2012 Election.....then there were the 'unskewed polls' people & the Romney campaign.....and some folk on ACG.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    I wasn't surprised that the polls were way off. It's not the first nor the last time polls are junk. Gallup announced they will not be conducting any polls on the 2016 presidential elections, after their disastrous polling results in 2012. Not only did Gallup get it wrong in the US, in the UK and Israel the consensus of pollsters predicted outcomes that were contradicted by results. Exit polls, have come to be unreliable indicators of what the voters think.
    That's because polling techniques haven't kept up with technology and changes in voting procedure. Cell phones and mail in ballots are just two of many changes that have upended the polling process.

Leave a comment:

• Nikki
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Did the polls get anything right in last night's elections?
    I don't think i will be holding my breath.

Oh, you didn't hear? Guess not, but the Dems lost out bigtime, across the nation, again.

I wasn't surprised that the polls were way off. It's not the first nor the last time polls are junk. Gallup announced they will not be conducting any polls on the 2016 presidential elections, after their disastrous polling results in 2012. Not only did Gallup get it wrong in the US, in the UK and Israel the consensus of pollsters predicted outcomes that were contradicted by results. Exit polls, have come to be unreliable indicators of what the voters think.

Leave a comment:

• frisco17
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Oh, you didn't hear? Guess not, but the Dems lost out bigtime, across the nation, again.
    Except for here where they now hold a ridiculous majority in the state supreme court.

If the strongly Republican legislature didn't have Gov Wolf firmly pinned to the wall on every single thing he tries to do, I'd be getting worried right about now. Pennsylvania has been an island of moderate sanity in the liberal madhouse that is the north east and I'd like to keep it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Yep...BIG time. As Jim Carey would say; "Looooosers."

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    started a topic Interesting New Polls Are Out...

Interesting New Polls Are Out...

It looks like Clinton isn't doing too well nationally...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt2

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X