Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton's Response to a Bank Robber in Hillary Mask 'Should I Be Flattered?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton's Response to a Bank Robber in Hillary Mask 'Should I Be Flattered?'

When a masked gunman wearing a Hillary Clinton mask robbed a bank in Virginia in December 2010, the former Secretary of State wondered if she "should be flattered… even a little bit?"

"Do you think there could be copycats? Do you think the guy chose that mask or just picked up the nearest one? Please keep me informed as the case unfolds—" Clinton wrote. "On another matter, can you believe [Republican Congressman from Indiana] Dan Burton will be the chair of one of the House subcommittees [Europe and Eurasia] we'll have to deal w [sic]? Irony and satire are the only sane responses."

Clinton's reaction to the news was disclosed in an email, one of 7,000 pages of communications the State Department released Friday in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed by VICE News. The emails were sent between 2009 and 2012, and are the sixth release the State Department has made in response to a court order in VICE News's FOIA lawsuit that called for monthly releases of the documents.

David Kendall, Clinton's attorney, conducted some research and discovered, according to an email marked "attorney-client privileged/confidential" that the masked Hillary-masked gunman was the first bank robber to choose a Democrat.

"By my quick research, former President Nixon masks lead the way (perhaps not surprisingly) with 11 reported instances, followed by masks of the second President Bush (5 reported instances), and those of President Reagan (3)," Kendall wrote.
    Vice - Full Article

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Yes, she should be. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Such recognition by a fellow criminal is high praise in her circles.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Scares the hell out of me...

Comment

A good ripost, I think.
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

A good riposte, I think.
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

It could be even better. The robber could yell "Hands in the air! I'm here for your campaign donations!"

Comment

At least the robber is an honest thief and not openly lying about it all of the time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X