Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Beret Discharged for Shoving Accused Afghan Rapist Speaks Out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Green Beret Discharged for Shoving Accused Afghan Rapist Speaks Out

    What the Army is doing to this NCO is shameful!

    According to Quinn, an interpreter first came to them saying a boy claimed he was "tied to a post in Rahman's house and was raped repeatedly for 10 days to 2 weeks." When his mother tried to stop it, he said, "Rahman instructed his brother to beat her; which he did."

    Martland said he and Quinn then confronted the commander after Quinn confirmed the allegations with village elders and others. He said Quinn got a "first-hand confession" but "the child rapist laughed it off and referenced that it was only a boy."
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

    Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

  • #2
    America is dammed if they do damed if they dont. Allow ramped child abuse and they being hypocritical, try and stop it and they **** of the only guys that dont all ways shoot Americans and it will probably go under ground or leave and let the Taliban take over, they will literally drop a wall on these guys.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

    CPO Mzinyati

    Comment


    • #3
      Absolutely screwed up state of affairs - but it is appalling that this guy is being punished. The policy of turning a blind eye to this is destroying the lives of the children involved (obviously) and has been linked to at least one attack on a base that I read about. In contrast to the argument that it is a price to pay for the support of some Afghan allies there have been reports of villagers complaining about the abuses of police and military in their area. Which can be seen as harming the war effort. On the other hand by accepting it as something that goes on and looking away you get a lot of people with guns onside.

      Ironically the Taliban did ban the bacha bazi and one of the things that was said to have made people initially welcome them was their crackdown on lawlessness and abuse.
      Last edited by Sergio; 30 Oct 15, 13:48.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

      "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
        What the Army is doing to this NCO is shameful!


        You forgot the link.

        Comment


        • #5
          He is not exactly being punished...He left the Army in 2012 as he was not going to be re-upped as the Army was drawing down tens of thousands of soldiers in keep with the Obama's Admin's kooky plan. His bad eval because of that incident led to the decision as not to re-up him, but was not discharged because of it. It is not semantics...According to the Army Times..

          http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...land/72996486/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
            He is not exactly being punished...He left the Army in 2012 as he was not going to be re-upped as the Army was drawing down tens of thousands of soldiers in keep with the Obama's Admin's kooky plan. His bad eval because of that incident led to the decision as not to re-up him, but was not discharged because of it. It is not semantics...According to the Army Times..

            http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...land/72996486/
            Ah, the one bad eval syndrome strikes again. I saw this quite frequently in the military. You get a superior who... Dislikes you, has grossly different expectations, demands slathering loyalty, is himself getting a poor eval, or whatever... and you get a poor evaluation as a result.

            For senior NCO's and most officers that dooms your career in many cases. Boards for promotion are almost universally likely to pass you over on their first pass through candidates on your now less than stellar evaluation score, ruined by a single evaluation. For RIF's that lower score means you aren't retained.

            Does it matter you are a great performer and really know your job? Nope. What matters is the paperwork.

            Is it a problem? Yes, a huge one. It encourages people to act in ways that will generate great evaluations so they can be promoted even while being mediocre at their jobs. For those that don't "play the game" they get left behind even if they're really good at what they do and would be excellent choices for higher positions of responsibility.

            The system favors social climbers and "ticket punchers" over highly productive people.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Is it a problem? Yes, a huge one. It encourages people to act in ways that will generate great evaluations so they can be promoted even while being mediocre at their jobs. For those that don't "play the game" they get left behind even if they're really good at what they do and would be excellent choices for higher positions of responsibility.

              The system favors social climbers and "ticket punchers" over highly productive people.
              As usual you are right on the money...A good example is my own L.E. Agency...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                The system favors social climbers and "ticket punchers" over highly productive people.
                So does every system in a democratic and capitalist society.

                The people we elect to lead us aren't the best people - they're the best at getting elected.

                Our officers aren't the best military leaders - they're the best at securing promotions.

                Success is never about hard work unless the system is created solely around hard work as a qualifier. And such a society has never existed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If your a 'highly productive' person you should get out of the rat race, start your own business and succeed.

                  I failed at the first four attempts, but 'won the lotto' on the fifth. Cashed out and retired at 50.

                  Kinda bored at times but I can donate my time for free. I don't need social security or the 'safety net' that others depend on.

                  If you want independence come up with a plan and submit it to the SBDC. They will help make it happen. And correct the flaws within...

                  https://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/sbdc
                  Credo quia absurdum.


                  Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It seems some folks can look the other way when this stuff happens. Look at Penn State.

                    But Green Berets aren't the kind of folks to look the other way. They spend time with these people, they break bread with the village elders. They know who the real enemy are.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The acceptance of perversion is mandated from the highest level (D.C.) and it does not reflect well on us, even in Trashcanistan.

                      The child-raping scum that would have been killed out of hand by the Taliban are now going to US bases to ply their evil openly? Yeah, the Muj are using that for propaganda, bet on it.
                      Everything we tried to do there will be swept away because of this sort of criminal behavior, and the perceived US support of it.

                      What, you thought the people that live there don't know this is wrong?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

                      -Captain Jack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                        It seems some folks can look the other way when this stuff happens. Look at Penn State.

                        But Green Berets aren't the kind of folks to look the other way. They spend time with these people, they break bread with the village elders. They know who the real enemy are.
                        I do think so, too. Too bad they don't have a free hand to do what needs to be done.
                        "We have no white flag."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                          I do think so, too. Too bad they don't have a free hand to do what needs to be done.
                          Your sentence has 2 ways to be understood
                          That rug really tied the room together

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            The acceptance of perversion is mandated from the highest level (D.C.) and it does not reflect well on us, even in Trashcanistan.

                            The child-raping scum that would have been killed out of hand by the Taliban are now going to US bases to ply their evil openly? Yeah, the Muj are using that for propaganda, bet on it.
                            Everything we tried to do there will be swept away because of this sort of criminal behavior, and the perceived US support of it.

                            What, you thought the people that live there don't know this is wrong?

                            Osama is dead and AQ is no longer is The area. So why is a America still there. The current guys in charge are just has bad has the Taliban. Sure they a diffrint kind of bad, but personal stoping women from gettingva education is not as bad as raping young boys. And seeing how they see this as a cultral thing it will be imposbil to stop with out creating a new enemy.

                            So i think pulling out and let the two evils fight it out would be best.
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                            CPO Mzinyati

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              Osama is dead and AQ is no longer is The area. So why is a America still there. The current guys in charge are just has bad has the Taliban. Sure they a diffrint kind of bad, but personal stoping women from gettingva education is not as bad as raping young boys. And seeing how they see this as a cultral thing it will be imposbil to stop with out creating a new enemy.

                              So i think pulling out and let the two evils fight it out would be best.
                              Yep.
                              "We have no white flag."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X