American woman of Syrian origin enters 2016 presidential race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American woman of Syrian origin enters 2016 presidential race

Souraya Faas, an American of Syrian origin, has filed her candidacy for the 2016 U.S. presidential race
    Faas says her top priority is maintaining U.S. national security.

She holds a degree in political science and a minor in international relations, with a certification in European studies.

She has worked in education for 15 years.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...tial-race.html

https://twitter.com/sourayafaas

I like what I see from Souraya Faas.

Comment

She was born in Syria to Syrian Parents?

Non-starter....she cannot take the office.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I was impressed until I saw she had a Tweet in Spanish from a person for immigration reform. I agree she would have to be born in the US to take office.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          She was born in Syria to Syrian Parents?

Non-starter....she cannot take the office.
          She was born in the USA according to the alarabiya link.

She can run for POTUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            I was impressed until I saw she had a Tweet in Spanish from a person for immigration reform.

Pruitt
            I dont understand your point here Pruitt as Faas can not control who tweets who. Anyone can go and tweet something to a Presidential candidate, its what the Candidate says in response that counts.

Comment

I wonder what posessed her to waste her time and money on this. She has to know she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell and that 99.9% of people will never even know she's "running."
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                I wonder what posessed her to waste her time and money on this. She has to know she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell and that 99.9% of people will never even know she's "running."
                Isn't that half the Republican contenders?
                ´
                “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                  That's about 80% of ALL the contenders on both sides.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                    I don't understand your point here Pruitt as Faas can not control who tweets who. Anyone can go and tweet something to a Presidential candidate, its what the Candidate says in response that counts.
                    The person sending the tweet seems to believe Faas is friendly to immigration reform for some reason. My take is we have to enforce the rules we already have before we change them.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                      More than that. I'd say it's all but about 5 of them. Trump, Carson, Rubio, Fiorina and Bush IMO.
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Meh... She can join the list...

http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/?other=other

The one I like is the Green Party's candidate, Cynthia McKinney. Here's a party that's all peace and environment and stuff like that and they're running a bigoted, violent POS like McKinney.

She was throw out of office in a recall election due to her having assaulted a Capitol police officer while entering the capitol building and then launching two day diatribe of racist vitriol saying the cop was to blame. She also ended up being charged with assault and convicted.

Not to bright, a criminal, and a bigot... Perfect for a far Left party!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Meh... She can join the list...

http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/?other=other

The one I like is the Green Party's candidate, Cynthia McKinney. Here's a party that's all peace and environment and stuff like that and they're running a bigoted, violent POS like McKinney.

She was throw out of office in a recall election due to her having assaulted a Capitol police officer while entering the capitol building and then launching two day diatribe of racist vitriol saying the cop was to blame. She also ended up being charged with assault and convicted.

Not to bright, a criminal, and a bigot... Perfect for a far Left party!
                          Did you read the label on Ms McKinney?

Potential 2016 Green Party Presidential Candidate
                          Is she even running for the Green Party nomination?
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            Did you read the label on Ms McKinney?
                            Arrests / Violent behavior

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/cap...lting_officer/

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/275384

Bigot

http://archive.adl.org/presrele/asus...l#.VjJb_btdHIU

According to reports and video coverage, as McKinney arrived at her campaign headquarters late last night, Steve Muhammad, one of McKinney's security staff scuffled with the media and was accidentally struck by a news camera carried by a television photographer, receiving a cut on the right side of his head. Muhammad then physically lashed out at the photographer. During the scuffle, another member of her entourage who wore a New Black Panther Party pin shouted expletives at the media, including calling them "crackers" --a derisive term for whites – and telling them, "You got what you damn wanted. You got your Uncle Tom, now go put your cameras on him," referring to Hank Johnson, the African American candidate who defeated Ms. McKinney. He continued to rant, "You ain't in Israel and this ain't no Lebanese people, so back up. Gonna get your Jewish [expletive]… (inaudible)…."
                            Why she lost, more balanced views:

http://www.democracynow.org/2002/8/2...mckinney_loses

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/09/wa...nney.html?_r=0

Ms. McKinney’s political future had been uncertain since an encounter she had in March with a Capitol Police officer who had tried to stop her after he said he had failed to recognize her at a security checkpoint.

The officer accused Ms. McKinney of hitting him, but she was never charged with wrongdoing.

Still, Ms. McKinney’s response to that episode was a factor for some voters. “I would definitely not vote for Cynthia McKinney,” said Jennipher Johnson, 24, a prekindergarten teacher in Decatur who said she was a Democrat. “I believe Democrats are dissatisfied with her. I wasn’t pleased with what happened on Capitol Hill. It made her look crazy to me.”
                            http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/079tehyf.asp

she says, the "hostile corporate media," allied with Republicans, "repeated falsehoods" about her, "distorted" her positions, and drove her from "my seat."

That is McKinney's explanation for her 2002 primary defeat, and she is sticking to it. But there are other explanations. Her father, Georgia state legislator Billy McKinney, shared his version with an Atlanta television reporter on August 19, 2002, the night before she lost. The reporter had asked Billy McKinney about his daughter's use of a years-old, moth-balled endorsement from former Atlanta mayor Andrew Young. Such endorsements were worthless, the elder McKinney replied, because "Jews have bought everybody. Jews." In case the reporter didn't understand, he spelled the word: "J-E-W-S." (A few weeks later, in a runoff against a political neophyte, Billy McKinney became a former Georgia state legislator.)
                            The actual reason why Cynthia McKinney left Congress in 2002 was that, for once, she couldn't outrun her mouth. She had walked along the cutting edge of progressive politics for years--appearing with Louis Farrakhan, calling globalization a "cruel hoax," advocating for Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe--but then, in a March 25, 2002, interview on KPFA Pacifica radio, she suddenly fell off.
                            As for this:

Is she even running for the Green Party nomination?
                            She's been their candidate in the past so it's likely they'll run the bigoted, violent, pos again...

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              The person sending the tweet seems to believe Faas is friendly to immigration reform for some reason. My take is we have to enforce the rules we already have before we change them.

Pruitt
                              Anyone can send a politician a tweet though, and the tweet could say anything.

Do you have anything on Faas views on immigration policies , as opposed to the views of someone who tweeted Faas? Who cares about what some person who tweets Faas says, you know what I'm saying here. Its about what Faas has to say about policy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X