Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest GOP debate and the big loser is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest GOP debate and the big loser is...

CNBC... The moderators of this debate were so partisan, unwilling to let the candidates talk or complete statements, and generally almost loathe of the candidates that the audience booed them more than once.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...zB&ocid=SMSDHP

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    CNBC... The moderators of this debate were so partisan, unwilling to let the candidates talk or complete statements, and generally almost loathe of the candidates that the audience booed them more than once.

I agree, it was a complete joke. The mods had the whole thing rigged. Even the questions were absurd. In my view none of the candidates "won" or "lost" tonight.

I would rather each candidate was given a chance to make a sort of presentation and then face questions from a panel. Figure about an hour or so.

Comment

The only difference between a politician and a "newsie" is that the politician is sometimes called upon to "do something".

The politician MUST fail (upon occasion) and therefore the "newsie" feels ever so superior..... after all THEY never fail!

I was so glad that the crowd saw that too and booed them resoundly!

GG
      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I would note that Trump and Carson did the most to stay out of the moderator's sights and Carson was quite effective in countering their "gotcha" questions.

Also, don't expect to see Shrillary in a similar situation any time soon...

Comment

Simple question, who do you think picked CNBC to do the debate?
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            What does that matter? Whether it's CNBC, CNN, FOX, CBN, or anybody else for that matter, the moderators should strive for neutrality. That means questions any candidate can answer, not ones specifically targeting one of them.
            It's no different than when Candi Crowley injected herself into the second Romney / Obama debate. The Left simply can't help themselves when it comes to this sort of thing. Rather than fairly letting the other side respond they jump in emotionally and start shouting. It's almost a conditioned response for them. I saw it every time there was a debate when I was going to college where the Left and Right had one on some issue. There would invariably be one or more Leftists in the audience that would start shouting at the group on the Right as they spoke and often the campus cops would have to physically remove the offender.

This is no different. The CNBC moderators couldn't help themselves any more than those college students could. They set out to prove what evil people the GOP candidates are, no matter how stupid they looked to everyone watching. That only makes the GOP look stronger, even as the Left fails to recognize it.

Comment

What does that matter? Whether it's CNBC, CNN, FOX, CBN, or anybody else for that matter, the moderators should strive for neutrality. That means questions any candidate can answer, not ones specifically targeting one of them.
              It's no different than when Candi Crowley injected herself into the second Romney / Obama debate. The Left simply can't help themselves when it comes to this sort of thing. Rather than fairly letting the other side respond they jump in emotionally and start shouting. It's almost a conditioned response for them. I saw it every time there was a debate when I was going to college where the Left and Right had one on some issue. There would invariably be one or more Leftists in the audience that would start shouting at the group on the Right as they spoke and often the campus cops would have to physically remove the offender.

This is no different. The CNBC moderators couldn't help themselves any more than those college students could. They set out to prove what evil people the GOP candidates are, no matter how stupid they looked to everyone watching. That only makes the GOP look stronger, even as the Left fails to recognize it.
              The RNC picked them. They've never hosted a debate. Yes choices matter. The moderators sucked. Next time the RNC should not pick them.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

As if that matters to the point made.

Comment

The RNC picked them. They've never hosted a debate. Yes choices matter. The moderators sucked. Next time the RNC should not pick them.
                  Why? So, the RNC becomes more like the DNC and never puts their candidates on a "hostile" stage? That's the Left's MO, not the rest of the political spectrum. The Left hasn't figured that out yet.

Comment

Why? So, the RNC becomes more like the DNC and never puts their candidates on a "hostile" stage? That's the Left's MO, not the rest of the political spectrum. The Left hasn't figured that out yet.
                    Why are you complaining about the hostile stage then?
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The RNC picked them.
                      Problem #1 right here. I suspect their choices may have been intentional.
                      You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                        Problem #1 right here. I suspect their choices may have been intentional.
                        They were picked a while ago, before the field developed.

https://www.gop.com/rnc-announces-de...ons-9-debates/

Announced in Jan of 2015.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Perhaps it would be apropos to explain why the League of Women Voters got out of the moderating business. Surely the quality of these debates has not improved since then.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Perhaps it would be apropos to explain why the League of Women Voters got out of the moderating business. Surely the quality of these debates has not improved since then.
                            So far the best has been the first Fox News debate, if you leave out Trumps whining about Ms Kelly's moderating.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Basically, the "news" isn't "news" anymore; it's sensationalism, social networking and a lot of other lightweight mental material aimed at the lowest common denominator, and these debates are no different. I'm sure others have noticed that the once-familiar older male primary newscaster has been replaced by a bunch of animated female boob clones with expensive dental work and nothing much to say except to talk about their tweets and their facebook friends, but they look good of camera.

It's not news anymore - it's entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the networks gave instructions to boost the ratings by any means necessary, since ratings matter far more than who actually gets elected to the presidency. It's the latest form of reality TV.

"Tune in tonight to find out if Lil' Jeb Bush wins immunity and gets to remain on the island!"
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Working...
                              X