Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOAA defies Congress' records subpoena...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    I agree, but this is a subpoena not a FOIA request.
    A subpoena must be complied with, and has the authority of a court order.

I believe that conservatives have attacked BO on this issue, but perhaps not as much as we would like. Probably because many of them hope to be be able to be just as secretive when they regain the WH.

While I will take some pleasure in the left's hypocritical claims that the GOP is "shredding the constitution" again for doing what BO did, it distresses me that both sides are happy to behave this way.
    Indeed, I was just pointing out that this behavior is neither new nor unexpected.

Both ideologies favor secrecy and oppose transparency for their own reasons. After all, you can't criticize what you don't know. And with the "threat" of terrorism, the people themselves will support such actions by angrily going against "traitors" who reveal government secrets.

Maybe the bigger traitors are our elected officials?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      Indeed, I was just pointing out that this behavior is neither new nor unexpected.

Both ideologies favor secrecy and oppose transparency for their own reasons. After all, you can't criticize what you don't know. And with the "threat" of terrorism, the people themselves will support such actions by angrily going against "traitors" who reveal government secrets.

Maybe the bigger traitors are our elected officials?
      No "maybe" about that. They are, in every possible way.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X