Obama: I'm not going to 'take everyone's guns away'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama: I'm not going to 'take everyone's guns away'

President Obama on Tuesday dismissed the notion that he is seeking to take away people’s firearms as he delivered his latest call for stronger gun laws.

Speaking to police chiefs in Chicago, Obama sought to rebut the argument made by conservatives, which he said is designed to stoke fear.

“Some of you are watching certain television stations or listening to certain radio programs, please do not believe this notion that somehow I’m out to take everyone’s guns away,” he told the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
    “Every time a mass shootings happens, one of the saddest ironies is suddenly the purchase of guns and ammunition jumps up because folks scared into thinking that, ‘Obama’s gonna use this as an excuse to take away our Second Amendment rights,’” he added. “Nobody’s doing that."

"We’re talking about common-sense measures to make criminals don’t get them, to make sure background checks work, to make sure that we’re protecting ourselves.”
    The Hill - Full Article

Actually, it's Obama's own fault.

Every time a mass shooting occurs, he uses this as an excuse to push for more gun control laws when it has proven they don't work. In nearly every mass shooting incident, the guns were obtained lawfully. Adding more layers to purchasing a gun legally wouldn't prevent some of past mass shooting incidents from occurring at all.

Instead we should get rid of background checks, waiting periods, restricted size of magazines, etc. as to make any legal purchase of a gun easier. Moreover, states should allow more concealed gun permits, so that civilians can carry concealed guns in case another mass shooting occurs.

We need to get guns into hands of many law-abiding citizens as possible so that criminals will think twice before preying on so-called easy targets.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

A. BooBoo's lips were moving.

B. Therefore he was lying.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Obama isn't going to take everyone's guns away... Just like 90% of us are going to have them confiscated...

Comment

Jade Helm 16!

Comment

Sure Hussein I believe you after all “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.”
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              Sure Hussein I believe you after all “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.”
              Or, that "Your health care costs will go down." 17.8% average increase in Obamacare policies this year in Arizona...

Comment

Hey, Obie! I'm still waiting for Holder to deliver MY automatic assault weapon!

Speed it up, will ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                  Next up Obama's campaign of truth:

"The use of chemical weapons in Syria is a red line."

Comment

"With Obamacare we will reduce your insurance premiums by $2,500, per family per year."
                    -Obama

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents — number 43 added $4 trillion dollars by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child.
                    That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic."
                    -Obama
                    “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

He couldn't do that in the first place and he knows it, so why even say it.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

He couldn't do that in the first place and he knows it, so why even say it.
                        Perception - the biggest factor in politics.

IMO the Democrats would be wise to follow the Bernie Sanders approach to guns as it would enable them to pickup support among rural and suburban Whites.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

Instead we should get rid of background checks, waiting periods, restricted size of magazines, etc. as to make any legal purchase of a gun easier. Moreover, states should allow more concealed gun permits, so that civilians can carry concealed guns in case another mass shooting occurs.
                          Get rid of background checks? Why? I know you probably don't know this because you live in Maryland, but most states don't have waiting periods or restricted magazines. It is also "shall issue" for concealed weapons permits in 43 states.

Comment

If He had a son.

he'd look
                            Attached Files
                            The history addict asked me,"Where did you fought?"
                            Me...Damn..."I'm not sure."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                              Actually, it's Obama's own fault.

Every time a mass shooting occurs, he uses this as an excuse to push for more gun control laws when it has proven they don't work. In nearly every mass shooting incident, the guns were obtained lawfully. Adding more layers to purchasing a gun legally wouldn't prevent some of past mass shooting incidents from occurring at all.
                              Actually, we just need to get rid of BoBo and get a president that understands that it is his DUTY to defend every single word of the Constitution.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X