Transgender Issues Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Issues Debate

EDIT: Created a new thread for the topic of transgender issues due to the topic drift in the other thread. - ACG Staff

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Indeed, they both appreciate and help it to grow. But there is still the myth that conservatives are small government, which only stands up to reasoning when laid in relative comparison to the liberals.
    You are confusing "Conservatives" with what elected Republicans are doing in DC.

In other worlds, there is a difference between what the electorate wants and what the elitists are doing in their name.
    You post here regularly, how did you miss that?

Oh, and thanks YOU to all the Dems out there that helped quash the TEA Party. That attempt to reform our ossified GOP failed, because the elites all worked together to prevent Mr Smith from going to Washington.

Gender stuff is far different, and a difficult question because, let's be honest, there's a lot of disagreement. ...
    Just because a few freaks can't tell the difference between male and female does not mean there is "a lot of disagreement".
    Perverts have always been around, but rarely have they had so much power and influence. You have to look at the final stages of societal collapse to find such things; Rasputin comes to mind, as do the later Roman Emperors.

Oh, and one other thing;
    THIS IS INSANE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C125bwd2MKM
    ... for those that missed it the first time.
    Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 23 Oct 15, 21:15. Reason: Creating new thread due to topic drift.

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Your started getting silly just for the sake of it with that comment.
    I could just as easily say that the Democrat answer for everything is to spend more money and make the Govt bigger.
    Who's more enamored of Big Govt?

We wouldn't have an Illegal Immigrant issue if all Americans near the border were authorized to shoot everyone seen sneaking over the border, and shoot to kill.

As for this asinine issue; anyone that even listens to anyone that backs sending boys into the girls room so that minors can be naked together ... is a fool.
    Remember who these advocates of child abuse and perversion are , and ignore them forever more. If that includes the entire Dept of Ed., then so be it. Don't give them the time of day, snub them socially, and get your kids away from those freaks!

If you don't you only make them more powerful.
    Make no mistake, power is their drug of choice.
    First of all, after we finish this discussion I will probably block you. You may be a friend, but I have awesome LGBT friends who are not "freaks" or "perverts". They are people, and many of them are damn good ones.

You think about it as straight boys or men pretending to be women to peek at them in the bathroom or locker room. That is clearly not the case in almost every situation. Some men feel they are females on the inside irrespective of genitalia and vice versa. Simply segregating the sexes isn't a perfect option either. If you put all physical males in one bathroom you'll have gay males in the same room with people who they are attracted to. The same goes for females. Lesbians will be in the same room as the sex they are attracted to. What about bisexuals? They're attracted to both sexes, should they be forced to change or go to the bathroom alone? I'm tired of your idiotic vitriol that shows no trace of logic or facts. I've put up with it for far too long.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

You are confusing "Conservatives" with what elected Republicans are doing in DC.

In other worlds, there is a difference between what the electorate wants and what the elitists are doing in their name.
      You post here regularly, how did you miss that?

Oh, and thanks YOU to all the Dems out there that helped quash the TEA Party. That attempt to reform our ossified GOP failed, because the elites all worked together to prevent Mr Smith from going to Washington.

Just because a few freaks can't tell the difference between male and female does not mean there is "a lot of disagreement".
      Perverts have always been around, but rarely have they had so much power and influence. You have to look at the final stages of societal collapse to find such things; Rasputin comes to mind, as do the later Roman Emperors.

Oh, and one other thing;
      THIS IS INSANE.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C125bwd2MKM
      ... for those that missed it the first time.
      Why are they freaks? Because ignorant people decide that they don't fit in? If you haven't noticed many of the classmates of trans people support them in these actions. They want their fellow classmates to feel accepted as well.

I'm not sure why you think LGBT people are perverts. Are you scared because they are different? Or are you a bigoted person who hates change?

Ah, so all of the LGBT community is insane is that it? Perhaps you would like to provide evidence for that? Or should I take your word for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
        Why are they freaks? Because ignorant people decide that they don't fit in? If you haven't noticed many of the classmates of trans people support them in these actions. They want their fellow classmates to feel accepted as well.

I'm not sure why you think LGBT people are perverts. Are you scared because they are different? Or are you a bigoted person who hates change?

Ah, so all of the LGBT community is insane is that it? Perhaps you would like to provide evidence for that? Or should I take your word for it?
        Well, the "T" part is. It is clearly not sane for someone to undergo genital mutilation and cosmetic surgery so they can pretend to be what they are not. Even dressing up or otherwise disguising one's self to be sexually what they aren't for the purpose of sex as what they are not is not exactly right-minded. It is a mental disorder.

I can understand a person doing the equivalent of cosplay or the like. Fetishism is understandable too. But, when it crosses into a need or belief to be something you aren't all the time it is a mental disorder.

The "T" part could clearly and easily be labeled as insane or mentally disturbed. It also shows in their suicide rate being about ten (10) times the national, even world average.

The National Transgender Discrimination Survey, the largest study of transgender people’s experiences, found that 41 percent of transgender and gender non-conforming people have attempted suicide, a rate far higher than the national average of 4.6 percent.

Reference: thinkprogress.org/...transgender-suicide-attempts/
        That says there is a serious mental problem with the "T" part. Worse, humoring and encouraging them is not going to solve their mental problems and might even make things worse. Encouraging crazy people to act out their mental disorders is not something we should be doing.
        Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 22 Oct 15, 13:25.

Comment

Trouble is you support the rights of the very small minority who feel more natural in the locker room with the opposite sex, but you $hit all over the rights of the majority who now must share their locker room with someone they shouldn't have to. I don't mean because the person is transgender or whatever they define themselves as, I mean because it's not right that a bunch of school-age girls have to get undressed in front of someone who physically is of the opposite sex. If my daughters were still 15 or 16 and forced to be in this situation I'd raise hell. I'm concerned about their rights too, not just the single person who for whatever reason turned out to be different. It's not a judgement of the trans person it's a matter of the rights of all the other kids too. It's not that hard for most of us to understand this, although it seems that you're struggling with the idea a bit, so let me know if you need further explanation and I'll try to dumb it down a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
            Trouble is you support the rights of the very small minority who feel more natural in the locker room with the opposite sex, but you $hit all over the rights of the majority who now must share their locker room with someone they shouldn't have to. I don't mean because the person is transgender or whatever they define themselves as, I mean because it's not right that a bunch of school-age girls have to get undressed in front of someone who physically is of the opposite sex. If my daughters were still 15 or 16 and forced to be in this situation I'd raise hell. I'm concerned about their rights too, not just the single person who for whatever reason turned out to be different. It's not a judgement of the trans person it's a matter of the rights of all the other kids too. It's not that hard for most of us to understand this, although it seems that you're struggling with the idea a bit, so let me know if you need further explanation and I'll try to dumb it down a bit more.
            As I pointed out obliquely, it is the "T" part of the LGBT community causing most of the problems in this respect. The "T" part is clearly mentally ill and there is no, ZERO, reason we should be accommodating people who are insane / mentally ill so that they can more readily act out their mental illness(es).

Accommodating the insane so they can fell comfortable with their insanity is itself insane. It is one indication that Progressivism / the Left are themselves insane.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              As I pointed out obliquely, it is the "T" part of the LGBT community causing most of the problems in this respect. The "T" part is clearly mentally ill and there is no, ZERO, reason we should be accommodating people who are insane / mentally ill so that they can more readily act out their mental illness(es).

Accommodating the insane so they can fell comfortable with their insanity is itself insane. It is one indication that Progressivism / the Left are themselves insane.
              Not a fan of psychology, I see.

Comment

Well, the "T" part is. It is clearly not sane for someone to undergo genital mutilation and cosmetic surgery so they can pretend to be what they are not. Even dressing up or otherwise disguising one's self to be sexually what they aren't for the purpose of sex as what they are not is not exactly right-minded. It is a mental disorder.

I can understand a person doing the equivalent of cosplay or the like. Fetishism is understandable too. But, when it crosses into a need or belief to be something you aren't all the time it is a mental disorder.

The "T" part could clearly and easily be labeled as insane or mentally disturbed. It also shows in their suicide rate being about ten (10) times the national, even world average.

That says there is a serious mental problem with the "T" part. Worse, humoring and encouraging them is not going to solve their mental problems and might even make things worse. Encouraging crazy people to act out their mental disorders is not something we should be doing.
                It's not hard to understand - the fatal flaw in their reasoning is that changing their sex will solve their problems, and it doesn't and never will. Furthermore, many are deluded by the concept that being a plain or even ugly person will result in a beautiful female after surgery. That doesn't happen either.

And then there is the matter of public acceptance, and the T-person still needs a job like everybody else, out in the real world.

If you put all of your eggs in one nebulous, pie-in-the-sky basket, chances are you will and up killing yourself when reality overtakes you.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Not a fan of psychology, I see.
                  Considerably more so than you appear to be...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...s-mentally-ill

Standard medical opinion is that transsexuals are mentally ill. The revised fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders offers a long description of gender identity disorder that boils down to this: you think you’re the wrong sex, and you’re not happy about it. The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems calls it transsexualism and defines it this way: “A desire to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex, usually accompanied by a sense of discomfort with, or inappropriateness of, one's anatomic sex, and a wish to make his or her body as congruent as possible with the preferred sex through surgery and hormone treatment.”

Fact is, most transsexuals agree there’s something wrong with them. The difference is they think it’s with their bodies, while unsympathetic outsiders say it’s with their heads.
                  http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
                  http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TScauses.html

Basically, you get the crazies saying that they aren't crazy on this subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne..._b_605595.html

In fact, many people with mental disorders are able to control their illness and adequately perform their job duties. Their ability to retain their job is based upon their job performance. Transgender people should have the same chance.

Why are transgender people unfairly singled out for job discrimination? In part it is because the current DSM has its own bias against transgender people. As opposed to the other diagnoses, individuals who successfully resolve their gender incongruence, through a gender transition or otherwise, are still considered mentally ill. This bias is removed in the draft of the next version of the DSM due in 2012.
                  It's sort of the "We're not inmates in this asylum, we're spies!" sort of thinking. It's the "Okay, maybe we're crazy but you should accept our being crazy because... Well, you should just accept it...."

No, we shouldn't have to be forced to accept someone else's insanity because they want us to, particularly when they're ten times more likely to commit suicide, far more likely to suffer from mental disorders like depression, and other health issues.
                  Nor should we be forced to accommodate their mental disorders for the sake of making them feel comfortable particularly when up to the other 99% of us are uncomfortable with that accommodation.

Comment

Considerably more so than you appear to be...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...s-mentally-ill

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TScauses.html

Basically, you get the crazies saying that they aren't crazy on this subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne..._b_605595.html

It's sort of the "We're not inmates in this asylum, we're spies!" sort of thinking. It's the "Okay, maybe we're crazy but you should accept our being crazy because... Well, you should just accept it...."

No, we shouldn't have to be forced to accept someone else's insanity because they want us to, particularly when they're ten times more likely to commit suicide, far more likely to suffer from mental disorders like depression, and other health issues.
                    Nor should we be forced to accommodate their mental disorders for the sake of making them feel comfortable particularly when up to the other 99% of us are uncomfortable with that accommodation.
                    Like I said, not a fan.

Comment

Like I said, not a fan.
                      That report is a hoot.

There's this as an example of how they discuss the politicization of the subject:

It is important to understand the broad cultural
                      context in which APA made the decision to create
                      the task force and in which the task force conducted
                      its work. We briefly highlight three important
                      aspects of that cultural context:
                      • Increased public awareness of transgender issues
                      • Decentralization of assessment and treatment
                      for people with gender identity concerns
                      • The influence of community activism

Then this.

It was not until gay men and
                      lesbians became actively
                      involved in research about
                      themselves and there was a
                      critical mass of gay and lesbian
                      psychologists and scholars in other
                      disciplines that mainstream research
                      on sexual orientation could be
                      described as positive and affirming.
                      What that says to me was the research was empirical and quantitative right up until the crazies got involved when it became "positive and affirming" of their craziness. That is, now the inmates are running the asylum...

Comment

That report is a hoot.

There's this as an example of how they discuss the politicization of the subject:

Then this.

What that says to me was the research was empirical and quantitative right up until the crazies got involved when it became "positive and affirming" of their craziness. That is, now the inmates are running the asylum...

Which is why I said it sounds like you're not a fan of psychology, since that's an accurate representation (if a decade old) of mainstream psychology on the subject.

Comment

Which is why I said it sounds like you're not a fan of psychology, since that's an accurate representation (if a decade old) of mainstream psychology on the subject.
                          Pretty much. I'm virtually positive most psychologists are not only stupid, they're insane.

Comment

First of all, after we finish this discussion I will probably block you.....
                            So be it then.
                            I draw the line at child abuse, and that is exactly what this is. The hyper-sexualization of the young is a crime against humanity, and an abomination.

If cutting me off will help you keep yourself pure enough to preserve your RL friendships, that's fine. In fact, considering the nature of the internet, its probably the smart thing to do.
                            However, you may want to conduct an experiment first;
                            Have a disagreement with them someday, about a gay issue. It probably won't matter how polite or objective you are, within minutes they will either not be your friends anymore or you will be spending the next hour groveling in apology.
                            I don't have any gay friends anymore. It's not the 1980s, free speech isn't allowed in a great many circles these days.

And I feel as if I am whistling in the dark here anyway, unisex showers for pre-teens, discrimination against virgins and forced group sex under direct Govt supervision now seems inevitable, along with anything else that annihilates the concept of individuality and the right to make up our own minds about anything in the coming generations. Its all just part of how a civilization dies.

So, happy trails.
                            But if we let this go, don't say I didn't warn you when the Govt starts pressuring the media to make the mandatory confiscation of all Children at Birth look like a great idea.

Comment

So be it then.
                              I draw the line at child abuse, and that is exactly what this is. The hyper-sexualization of the young is a crime against humanity, and an abomination.

If cutting me off will help you keep yourself pure enough to preserve your RL friendships, that's fine. In fact, considering the nature of the internet, its probably the smart thing to do.
                              However, you may want to conduct an experiment first;
                              Have a disagreement with them someday, about a gay issue. It probably won't matter how polite or objective you are, within minutes they will either not be your friends anymore or you will be spending the next hour groveling in apology.
                              I don't have any gay friends anymore. It's not the 1980s, free speech isn't allowed in a great many circles these days.

And I feel as if I am whistling in the dark here anyway, unisex showers for pre-teens, discrimination against virgins and forced group sex under direct Govt supervision now seems inevitable, along with anything else that annihilates the concept of individuality and the right to make up our own minds about anything in the coming generations. Its all just part of how a civilization dies.

So, happy trails.
                              But if we let this go, don't say I didn't warn you when the Govt starts pressuring the media to make the mandatory confiscation of all Children at Birth look like a great idea.
                              This is not child abuse in any way shape or form. You are exaggerating beyond comprehension. And the government is causing it? What about the media or the people raising these children?

If you can't discuss a subject with any sort of decorum I don't see how I can continue to speak to you. You are mindlessly hurling vitriol and calling people I know insane. The respect I have for you is rapidly evaporating as you bash a whole group of people who cause you ZERO harm.

I speak my mind. We have argued over this VERY issue. We went at it for hours actually before I finally realized it doesn't matter. Gay men still use men's restrooms and lesbians still use women's restrooms. I realized that the separation doesn't really matter. If you're uncomfortable being viewed by others use a stall.

What in the hell is all this tin hat stuff about? You're accusing others of insanity, but babbling on about government conspiracies with zero proof...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X