Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman Fires at Shoplifter at Home Depot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woman Fires at Shoplifter at Home Depot

    I hope this women has her gun taken away from her for being this stupid.

    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...epot/73468588/
    When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.
    ― Groucho Marx

  • #2
    This is in Detroit? A city where about two thirds of all murders go unsolved...?

    Okay, the woman was an idiot, but Detroit? Come on...

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep. Someone else shoplifting doesn't put your life in danger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        This is in Detroit? A city where about two thirds of all murders go unsolved...?

        Okay, the woman was an idiot, but Detroit? Come on...
        No, it was 10-12 miles from Detroit.

        Comment


        • #5
          She should face at least assault with a deadly weapon charges. Plus a few firearms violations. You definitely don't shoot shoplifters.
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
            She should face at least assault with a deadly weapon charges. Plus a few firearms violations. You definitely don't shoot shoplifters.
            Hmmmmm! I wonder why not?

            GG
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

            "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

            Comment


            • #7
              10-12 miles from Detroit?

              It might have been my ex-wife. In which case..... throw the book at her! (Heh. Heh. )

              GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

              "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                Hmmmmm! I wonder why not?

                GG
                Why not? Oh because people with guns have to follow the laws too. She is not a cop and even a cop would probably not have fired their service weapon. Besides the fact that property crimes do NOT carry the death penalty. Especially not from vigilantes.
                First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                  Why not? Oh because people with guns have to follow the laws too. She is not a cop and even a cop would probably not have fired their service weapon. Besides the fact that property crimes do NOT carry the death penalty. Especially not from vigilantes.
                  Oh shucks, I forgot you were such a tight ass. Lighten up, it was a joke.

                  GG
                  "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

                  "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't condone shooting thieves but I don't get upset when a thief gets shot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's an internet forum, that's why we have those things things called emoticons to help with divining the poster's intentions.
                      First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Have I got this right ... ?

                        "Male" comes running out of a "box store" ...

                        Police are in pursuit ....

                        "Male" jumps into vehicle to continue to Flee ...

                        Citizen discharges personal firearm upon "fleeing vehicle~potential criminal suspect" in attempt to stop vehicle and assist Law Enforcement! ...

                        And some might want to imply the Citizen is the criminal here ??? !!!


                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          Have I got this right ... ?

                          "Male" comes running out of a "box store" ...

                          Police are in pursuit ....

                          "Male" jumps into vehicle to continue to Flee ...

                          Citizen discharges personal firearm upon "fleeing vehicle~potential criminal suspect" in attempt to stop vehicle and assist Law Enforcement! ...

                          And some might want to imply the Citizen is the criminal here ??? !!!


                          Both people violated the law. That woman could have killed the shoplifter or innocent bystanders. The man commits a property crime and she thinks the best idea is to open fire? Death is not the sentence for a property crime and she is not the judge and jury. Technically, she committed the crime.
                          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            Have I got this right ... ?

                            "Male" comes running out of a "box store" ...

                            Police are in pursuit ....

                            "Male" jumps into vehicle to continue to Flee ...

                            Citizen discharges personal firearm upon "fleeing vehicle~potential criminal suspect" in attempt to stop vehicle and assist Law Enforcement! ...

                            And some might want to imply the Citizen is the criminal here ??? !!!


                            Yes, she / the citizen is.

                            One, common police practice is not to fire on a vehicle etc., that does not have an active shooter in it. Instead, they will initiate a pursuit and eventually make a stop and arrest the individual(s).

                            Firing on a fleeing suspect who is not a known threat to the public (say, like an escaped prisoner the police / officer firing knows positively is such) is not done either. They will pursue that suspect and eventually arrest him.

                            So, she got involved in a way she shouldn't have and responded in a way that was dangerous to the public at large without warranted reason. She should be arrested and charged for such. Most likely discharging a firearm near buildings, etc. That is a serious misdemeanor in most states. She would also likely lose the gun as part of the outcome.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You know, I expect shoplifting will sharply decline in that area for a while.

                              Its good to se people willing to get involved. Her tactical choices could have been better, but her attitude is commendable.

                              There would be a marked reduction in crime if thieves feared honest people instead of just the police.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X