Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Well, if you are a Democrat, you can be as corrupt as you like.
    If you are a Republican, they will nail you every time.

Something for Voters to remember, come the day.

Leave a comment:

• Jannie
    replied
    ^Well, with the trend now to charge prisoners room and board and other fees, I wouldn’t even count on folks being fed and housed. Of course, if they can’t pay, what are they going to do, throw them out? Or just add on to their sentence. Many folks get out of jail owing money to the state. There is even a name for it—Pay to Stay.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...arceration.pdf

What do the Feds do? Could you be charged to stay in prison for your refusal to pay your taxes?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Nothing. They have the authority to take EVERYTHING you own..... and throw you in jail to boot!

We are but slaves to the system.

GG
    But slaves who would have to be fed, housed, cared for medically and mentally and taken care of properly the whole time, while being free to sue for any injuries sustained during incarceration, and they're aren't even remotely enough jail cells, while without tax money coming in, who pays the jailers, and with what?

It's a double-edged sword and it's razor sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Grognard Gunny
    replied
    Originally posted by Savez View Post
    Or we all collectively could just refuse to file taxes next year. Unrealistic I know, but I wonder what kid of effect it would have?
    Nothing. They have the authority to take EVERYTHING you own..... and throw you in jail to boot!

We are but slaves to the system.

GG

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Or we all collectively could just refuse to file taxes next year. Unrealistic I know, but I wonder what kid of effect it would have?
    It would completely unhinge the government. There aren't enough jail cells for that many people, and something like 90% of Federal monies come from taxes.

Interestingly, there is a great deal of discussion into the legality of the 16th Amendment, particularly whether or not it was ratified legally.

Back to the topic, the Republicans are not being "cowardly" - the system just doesn't work and is set up to protect the criminals from any form of prosecution, which is why our government is not a cesspool of corruption.

Leave a comment:

• Gorque
    replied
    I wouldn't suggest that.

In the tax world, frivolity can be darned expensive. In general, if the IRS finds your argument or tax position to be frivolous, it can mean a 20% accuracy-related penalty (under Internal Revenue Code section 6662); and a whopping 75% civil fraud penalty (section 6663). If you take a position deemed frivolous on an amended return asking for money back, you can also be hit with a 20% erroneous claim for refund penalty (section 6676). On top of all this, if you file your return late and it includes frivolous positions, the usual penalties for fraudulent failure to timely file an income tax return can be tripled up to another whopping 75% (section 6651(f)).
    Forbes

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Right you are Maggie... as usual .

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    IMO they are getting away with it because of behind-the-scene backing by Democrats and even the President.

There has been enough lying going on to sink a battleship.

What can Republican lawmakers do about this? Not much until the Republican leadership replace the current Attorney General of the United States with someone who will press charges.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    IMO they are getting away with it because of behind-the-scene backing by Democrats and even the President.

There has been enough lying going on to sink a battleship.

Leave a comment:

• Localyokel
    replied
    Too low on the food chain..

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Well, you can count on the Democrats to block any attempt to do that short of these bureaucrats murdering someone on camera right in front of them.

The Republicans might do something but with the US court system being what it is these bureaucrats are likely to die of old age before a verdict in a trial is reached.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikeye
    started a topic Cowardly Republicans!!

Cowardly Republicans!!

I have watched the IRS scandal hearings on CSPAN over the last 3 years and it is obvious that the Director and IRS has lied and mislead the people's house repeatedly. Its time for the Repub's and Demo's to impeach this weasel and clean house at the IRS. This is an agency that has run amok with power and corruption against American citizens! Impeachment Now! Time to rid our Government agencies of the bullies that run them!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e28_story.html

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X