Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise in the House Speaker Race Rep McCarthy drops out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    If he escapes Jail you can have Hastert back..
    If Hastert goes to jail for taking his own money out of his own bank account... It will be Tree of Liberty watering time...

That said... I'd rather have Newt.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Just to add lots of fun to the House of Cards show--Boehner is supposed to be coming back until the feuding members can get 218 votes for a Speaker.

They just couldn't get along without him?

All this having been said, Boehner — if this was planned out — just performed one of the more masterful orchestrations of statecraft in the history of modern American politics. Announce you’re gone, watch as the rats come out of the ship, then re-captain the boat.

Makes all the pretenders to the Speaker’s office look rather weak… or at least, it puts those who pushed them forward in a particularly opportunistic light. Boehner will now have an incredibly free hand at pushing through a series of legislative priorities before the 2016 elections — now with the threat of resignation no longer being a “what if” but an actual atom bomb waiting to go off.

Well played, Mr. Speaker. Well played.
      http://bearingdrift.com/2015/10/08/b...l-ryan-to-run/
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Hey, he spoke quite plainly....

The interesting thing is he had more support than any of the other two....
        I think DoD may have been referring to Stephen Colbert's monologue last night that had a montage of speeches by Rep. McCarthy, ugh it was painful, like when they interview the Beauty Padget types. About 4 mins in on this vid.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/25...ish-like-words

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          If Hastert goes to jail for taking his own money out of his own bank account... It will be Tree of Liberty watering time...

That said... I'd rather have Newt.
          A newt?!?

I think he got better.

Comment

The people who are actually good enough don't want to live their lives in a media-impossed fishbowl, another RiNO wouldn't change anything so what does that leave?
            Heck, as for as the Dems are concerned, everyone that isn't a Democrat is a far-right extremist whacko, so why not give them what they want?
            again....
            They will be angrier, again... but so what?

But I still want McConnell out of the Senate Chair, too, and the choices there are better.
            I say take Ted Crus or Marco Rubio out of the damn campaign and make one of THEM Senate leader.
            Their odds are just good enough that it would look like a sacrifice, and they would have a chance to do some good sooner than 15 months from now.

15 months.... shoot me now, please?
            Last edited by The Exorcist; 10 Oct 15, 10:39.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Working...
            X