Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    So, it's intentional obtuseness.
    Nicely presented retort. Incoming rep...
    It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
      Not really because I have looked for articles backing your interpretation of what he said and I have not found anything......

Googled Kevin McCarthy with the words 'misquoted' and 'misleading', nothing.
      I didn't interpret what he said. I quoted it in context. The meaning was crystal clear.

The fact that the left wing media (95% of the media) are reporting the out-of-context quote and the Democrats' interpretation of it explains why you can't easily Google an accurate account of this...
      In an interview on Fox News, the California Republican sought to quell controversy after boasting earlier this week that the Benghazi committee led to Hillary Rodham Clinton's drop in the polls. Democrats and some Republicans criticized his comments, and McCarthy acknowledged the flap has been a setback in his campaign to replace outgoing Speaker John Boehner of Ohio.

"This committee was set up for one sole purpose — to find the truth on behalf of the families for four dead Americans. I did not intend to imply in any way that that work is political. Of course it is not," McCarthy said.

He said he'd spoken with the chairman of the committee, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. "I told him I regret that this has ever taken place. It was never my intention."

"It's been a setback, yes, because I do not want to make that harm Benghazi committee in any way, because it's not political," McCarthy told Fox host Bret Baier Thursday night.

[...]

In his initial comments that caused the controversy, McCarthy told Fox News Channel that since the House created the Benghazi committee, Clinton's popularity in public opinion polls has fallen.

"Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen," he said.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...ghazi-comments

The "Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen," passage is omitted from many media reports, like the Grauniad POS.

McCarthy's gaffe was in providing a quote which could be taken so far out of context.
      KEVIN MCCARTHY TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT IN HILLARY CLINTON’S FIRST NATIONAL TV AD

The Clinton campaign put out an advertisement late Monday that features a prominent gap in its McCarthy clip from a recent episode of Hannity.

McCarthy’s first comment in Clinton’s ad suggests that the Benghazi Select Committee was put together for nefarious political purposes. “Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right, but we put together a Benghazi special committee,” McCarthy said in the ad.

But the full quote, without the gap, is much more detailed. The full clip makes clear that McCarthy was actually talking about the effectiveness of the committee to expose details about government abuse.

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right, but we put together a Benghazi special committee,” McCarthy said in the full clip, “What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen,” McCarthy said in the full clip from Hannity, presented below.

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ational-tv-ad/

He handed Clinton a chance to play the victim... Republicans can't afford to make gaffes like these, because the media will take every opportunity to quote them out-of-context and to provide fodder for the Clinton campaign.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

He handed Clinton a chance to play the victim... Republicans can't afford to make gaffes like these, because the media will take every opportunity to quote them out-of-context and to provide fodder for the Clinton campaign.

So he did make a Gaffe then.... he spoke poorly and it was pounced on. Anything else is playing the victim card.
        Last edited by Paddybhoy; 06 Oct 15, 09:46.

Comment

"the name is not Shilary, it is Hillary Clinton. Using the term Shrilary is akin to grade school bullying, a common tactic among some folks on the internet not only toward politicians but toward large groups of peaceful people."

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
          Oh Brother! (SNIF SNIF)

GG
          I think he has a crush on the Hildabeast.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
            So he did make a Gaffe then.... he spoke poorly and it was pounced on. Anything else is playing the victim card.
            Post #10...
            What McCarthy said...
            Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...utrage/408253/

If not for the select committee, the public would not know the facts about Clinton's incompetence and dishonesty regarding Benghazi.

Typical left wing ignorance of facts and gross dishonesty. McCarthy never said that the purpose of the committee was to torpedo Clinton's campaign. McCarthy's mistake was in wording his statement in such a way that the left wing media could easily quote him out of context.

That said, the truth about Benghazi is only one small facet in Hillary's portfolio of dishonesty and incompetence and her free falling poll numbers.
            Once again...

McCarthy never said that the Benghazi committee was set up to torpedo the Clinton campaign. Yet the Grauniad, MSNBC and the rest of the left-wing media are reporting that he did.

His "gaffe" was not accidentally telling the truth about the committee's purpose, as Shillary is claiming and most of the media are reporting.

His "gaffe" was in making a statement which Shillary and most of the media could lie about.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Post #10...

Once again...

McCarthy never said that the Benghazi committee was set up to torpedo the Clinton campaign. Yet the Grauniad, MSNBC and the rest of the left-wing media are reporting that he did.

His "gaffe" was not accidentally telling the truth about the committee's purpose, as Shillary is claiming and most of the media are reporting.

His "gaffe" was in making a statement which Shillary and most of the media could lie about.
              Lie? I have watched the clip 10 times and all I see and hear is a politician putting his foot in his mouth. There was no gap or pause in the video clip.
              Last edited by Paddybhoy; 06 Oct 15, 19:27.

Comment

Well if the Republicans are going to go on a fishing expedition there is no better place to fish than Lake Clinton's. That lake is always full of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                  Well if the Republicans are going to go on a fishing expedition there is no better place to fish than Lake Clinton's. That lake is always full of fish.
                  And snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    And snakes.
                    Mind the sewage and dead bodies though...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X