This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco's Last Gun Store Closing Doors for Good

The only gun store in San Francisco is shuttering for good, saying it can no longer operate in the city's political climate of increased gun control regulations and vocal opposition to its business.

"It's with tremendous sadness and regret that I have to announce we are closing our shop," High Bridge Arms manager Steve Alcairo announced in a Facebook post on Sept. 11. "It has been a long and difficult ride, but a great pleasure to be your last San Francisco gun shop."

Alcairo said the breaking point came this summer when a local politician proposed a law that would require High Bridge Arms to video record every gun sale and submit a weekly report of ammunition sales to the police. If passed, the law would join several local gun control ordinances on the books in a city still scarred by the 1993 murder of eight in a downtown high-rise and the 1978 assassination of Mayor George Moscone and gay rights activist Harvey Milk.

"I'm not doing that to our customers. Enough is enough," Alcairo said. "Buying a gun is a constitutionally protected right. Our customers shouldn't be treated like they're doing something wrong."

The announcement prompted an outpouring of sympathy and anger online from gun enthusiasts — and a steady stream of customers eager to take advantage of going-out-of-business prices.
    ABC - Full Article

Seems a fitting subject, what with the recent burst of interest in the 2nd amendment.

Well, what or who will SF blame for future gun deaths in that city?

Comment

What a sad place full of small minded frightened little people.

Wonderful how some places are above the law isn't it? The constitution and supreme court and be damned they make whatever laws they want. Guns, fugitive immigrants, it doesn't matter. They're just special and get a free pass. I'd love to see some place declare itself a marriage sanctuary city and withold gay licenses. As long as places like SF doesn't have to follow federal law, allows illegals to hide there and harrasses gun owners, other cities should be able to pick and choose which laws they have to follow as well. I bet THAT would get their attention.
      Last edited by frisco17; 05 Oct 15, 07:21.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Pecked to death by ducks—that’s what the Pro-Life people are doing to the legal abortion and contraception laws. So a city decided to peck to death their local gun shops with small nit-picky laws. Looks like a lesson learned well. Maybe there should be a national movement among the anti-NRA people to do the same thing.
        Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I have no doubt that this means there will be no more gun related murders in San Francisco.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
            the Pro-Life people are doing to the legal abortion
            Why are you against the right to life?

The attached photo gives an idea as to how many lives have been ended because people like you feel that the baby doesn't have a right to live.
            Attached Files
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Visitors and police officers, no doubt.

Meanwhile, people will simply go to Nevada to buy guns, or go north.

Kind of hard to imagine that the mayor doesn't care about the safety of the Gay Brigade.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

My .02: the city wants the property. With property values sky high in San Fran, someone is going to make money off the site where the gun shop used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                  Pecked to death by ducks—that’s what the Pro-Life people are doing to the legal abortion and contraception laws. So a city decided to peck to death their local gun shops with small nit-picky laws. Looks like a lesson learned well. Maybe there should be a national movement among the anti-NRA people to do the same thing.
                  Would you like to be treated that way? I'm dead certain that there is some aspect of your life that the government doesn't like, and I'm equally certain that there is a group of people who would be more than happy to launch a crusade against you to make you stop, whether it's legal or not.

The Constitution, not the nit-picky local governments, is the law, period. So long as the police remain totally useless in the area of defending and maintaining the safety of American citizens, the guns stay.

And don't you find it odd that our Attorney General sent automatic firearms to the Mexican drug cartels which were then used to kill American agents, but the only people being punished are the legitimate gun dealers? When you can satisfactorily explain that one, maybe we can discuss this further.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Maybe some more manufacturers will step up like Barrett and refuse to sell guns to California.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      Maybe some more manufacturers will step up like Barrett and refuse to sell guns to California.
                      Now, I like that. If all the gun manufacturers refused to sell the SF PD firearms of any sort what would the SF city council do?

Comment

Now, I like that. If all the gun manufacturers refused to sell the SF PD firearms of any sort what would the SF city council do?
                        Buy foreign models? Or buy from a neighboring state? It's not that hard.
                        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                          Buy foreign models? Or buy from a neighboring state? It's not that hard.
                          The only really viable police firearms are Glock (Georgia), S&W (Massachusetts) and Sig Sauer (New Hampshire). Departments that large don't go through distributors, they go directly to the manufacturer.

Comment

I bet the Pawn Shops will handle guns, so if you really want a gun you can find one. I wonder if the Sporting Goods Stores will continue to sell firearms?

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              The only really viable police firearms are Glock (Georgia), S&W (Massachusetts) and Sig Sauer (New Hampshire). Departments that large don't go through distributors, they go directly to the manufacturer.
                              Beretta, Walther, H&K, FN, Springfield/HS, CZ and a whole lot of 1911 manufacturers would probably disagree. I know of major police forces using all of these.
                              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X