Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US calls on Russia to stop Syrian Air strikes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US calls on Russia to stop Syrian Air strikes

    Any bets on the likelihood of that happening?

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...zB&ocid=SMSDHP

    The United States and six allies on Friday called on Russia to cease what they said were attacks on the Syrian opposition and civilians, and expressed "deep concern" over Russia's military build-up in Syria.

    In a joint statement, the United States, France, Germany, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Britain criticized Russian airstrikes that they said did not target the militant Islamic State group.
    You'd think Obama was used to a.... sex from Putin by now.

  • #2
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Any bets on the likelihood of that happening?

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...zB&ocid=SMSDHP



    You'd think Obama was used to a.... sex from Putin by now.
    About the same odds that the US will follow Russian demands that we clear the air space of Syria.......
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

    Comment


    • #3
      Obama doesn't care who gets killed in Syria. He cares that Putin is setting an example he cannot match.

      The Russian military is not crippled by PC rules of engagement the ways ours is. As far as they are concerned, anyone and anything within the designated combat zone is an enemy and a target.

      Let's see if the Middle Eastern nations protest in the UN and on international television that Putin is killing innocent civilians that way they constantly whine about America.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Obama doesn't care who gets killed in Syria. He cares that Putin is setting an example he cannot match.

        The Russian military is not crippled by PC rules of engagement the ways ours is. As far as they are concerned, anyone and anything within the designated combat zone is an enemy and a target.

        Let's see if the Middle Eastern nations protest in the UN and on international television that Putin is killing innocent civilians that way they constantly whine about America.
        I am no fan of Putin or Russia but someone has needed to kick some tail in Syria for a few years now and all the nations that are now calling for Russia to stop have been unwilling to do it other than throwing a few wiffle balls which has accomplished nothing;I do understand that Russia is primarily there to prop up Assad but they are willing to take on all that get in their way and hit them where they hide and that means collateral damage (civilians) which coalition (US) forces are not willing to do, I believe the Russians will not fight with one hand tied behind their backs and I believe that Putin could give a shiete about what the UN or anyone else thinks.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

        Comment


        • #5
          The bottom line on this is a huge influx of isis into Germany...

          They're war refugees? Right?
          Credo quia absurdum.


          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            The bottom line on this is a huge influx of isis into Germany...

            They're war refugees? Right?
            No...the males are all cowards and deserters who won't fight for their own freedom of their family's freedom and safety.

            Their nation is being invaded and they are running away as fast as they can.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              ...

              Their nation is being invaded and they are running away as fast as they can.
              [/FONT]
              Actually, I just heard that only about 1/3rd of the "refugees" are actually from Syria.
              But that's off-topic and none of my business.

              Meanwhile; GO RUSSIA!

              Comment


              • #8
                Scratch a US conservative & there is a Putinista struggling to get out. No news there really.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #9
                  You notice, the US bombs a "hospital" in Afghanistan that active Taliban shooters are using for cover and they get smacked down for it, while Russia bombs stuff indiscriminately in Syria and tells the world to "[email protected]* off" about it?

                  I'll give the Russians credit. When they go to war they mean it. No sending their military in to act as police or be kinder and gentler. They understand, The only real war crime is losing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    You notice, the US bombs a "hospital" in Afghanistan that active Taliban shooters are using for cover and they get smacked down for it,
                    That`s not what happened:
                    The US raid on a hospital in Kunduz , is creating worldwide concern : The MSF (Medis without borders) organization called the shelling a " serious breach of international law " - and calling for an independent investigation .
                    According to MSF eyewitnesses the US and the national Afghan army had been informed about the coordinates of the hospital more than once, and the Doctors and staff on the ground there, alarmed the military authorities of what was happening as the attack began, despite pleas to stop, the airforce kept attacking for another 30 minutes.

                    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1056120.html

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    while Russia bombs stuff indiscriminately in Syria and tells the world to "[email protected]* off" about it?
                    I don`t know how the Russians bomb, but they have not committed such an error yet.

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    I'll give the Russians credit. When they go to war they mean it. No sending their military in to act as police or be kinder and gentler. They understand, The only real war crime is losing.
                    The weststern corporate media does not give the Russians that kind of credit, there are allegations, that the western media even reported about killed civilians, blaming the Russians directly, even before the Russian air force actually started their missions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                      That`s not what happened:


                      According to MSF eyewitnesses the US and the national Afghan army had been informed about the coordinates of the hospital more than once, and the Doctors and staff on the ground there, alarmed the military authorities of what was happening as the attack began, despite pleas to stop, the airforce kept attacking for another 30 minutes.
                      I don't care what the story is. A War Zone is a dangerous place to be. If you get bombed, shot at, strafed, mortared, or whatever that's because you are in a War Zone!
                      If you don't want that risk, don't wander in trying to be a do gooder and expect the combatants to cut you some slack.


                      I don`t know how the Russians bomb, but they have not committed such an error yet.
                      And it won't matter if to them if they do. Like I said, they're committed to winning, not committed to law enforcement.

                      The weststern corporate media does not give the Russians that kind of credit, there are allegations, that the western media even reported about killed civilians, blaming the Russians directly, even before the Russian air force actually started their missions.
                      Again, I really don't care. Short of the Russians rounding up civilians and shooting towns full of them like ISIS does, I have no problem with them bombing the snot out of every suspected enemy position as part of a military operation.
                      War is not about law enforcement and militaries are not police. The West has lost view of that concept. Today, the US military is expected to act more like police in a really bad neighborhood full of violent gangsters than as a military.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Obama's an idiot.

                        Dead ISIS, dead Russians. Our enemies are trying to kill each other-how is that possibly a bad thing?

                        Let the struggling Russian economy shoulder another burden. Give the fanatics within the muslim republics more reasons to hate Moscow.

                        There's no downside. Russians kill ISIS? Good. ISIS kill Russians? Good. Russia draws more muslim hate from the West ? Good. Syria gets bombed? Good.

                        There is absolutely no possible bad outcome, except for the poor buggers caught in the crossfire, but they're Syrians, so no friends being lost there, either.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I don't care what the story is. A War Zone is a dangerous place to be. If you get bombed, shot at, strafed, mortared, or whatever that's because you are in a War Zone!
                          If you don't want that risk, don't wander in trying to be a do gooder and expect the combatants to cut you some slack.
                          Sorry, the Doctors with no borders where not on the Team Taliban.
                          Besides healing the sick and wounded, they where winning hearts and minds. It was the dumbest thing to hurt them.


                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          And it won't matter if to them if they do. Like I said, they're committed to winning, not committed to law enforcement.
                          What was the intelligence under this instance

                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Again, I really don't care. Short of the Russians rounding up civilians and shooting towns full of them like ISIS does,
                          Where did they do that


                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I have no problem with them bombing the snot out of every suspected enemy position as part of a military operation.
                          I can`t argue that.

                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          War is not about law enforcement and militaries are not police. The West has lost view of that concept. Today, the US military is expected to act more like police in a really bad neighborhood full of violent gangsters than as a military.
                          Have you ever noticed about the laws of the Geneva conventions, I believe your country and most civilized nations signed them:

                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                            Sorry, the Doctors with no borders where not on the Team Taliban.
                            Besides healing the sick and wounded, they where winning hearts and minds. It was the dumbest thing to hurt them.
                            It was also dumb of them to move into a building that they didn't mark well, didn't tell the US forces about, and that they continued to occupy after the Taliban took up positions near it.
                            But, then, I see the dummies as the Doctors Without Borders bunch who, after the fact, are trying to make the US military the bad guys for doing their job.
                            As I've said, a military is not a police force. It is not in a military's best interests to determine any potential target with 100% accuracy, nor is it to try and eliminate all collateral damage, any more than it is to respond with some "appropriate" level of force like police would do.


                            What was the intelligence under this instance
                            As I understand it, the US thought the building was Taliban occupied and were taking fire from near it and from the building itself. Obliterating it makes perfect sense from a military stand point.
                            What you, and others, continue to argue is that the US military should act as police not a military force. That is patently stupid.

                            Where did they do that
                            I didn't say they did. I stated, "If..." I'd have thought my statement was clear and understandable. I guess American doesn't translate into Canadian very well...


                            Have you ever noticed about the laws of the Geneva conventions, I believe your country and most civilized nations signed them:

                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions
                            Have you ever noticed that most militaries in history have broken to one extent or another most of those rules in wartime? It's the loser that's going to get punished most for breaking them. The winner can ignore to the extent they want their own violations.

                            Again... When it comes right down to it the only real war crime is losing. Or, do you think the Nazi's would have punished their soldiers and officers for what they did during WW 2 if they won? That's but one example of it. All the moral equivocating and lawyers on the planet won't change that position one bit. Losing opens the loser up to criminal charges and anything else the winner wants to push on them.

                            Militaries are NOT police. The West and Western culture needs to lose the idea that they are.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, this meme says it all.

                              It would appear that Putin has Obama's balls in a dusty box on his office in Moscow. So much for the reset between US and Russia.

                              For the man who sheepishly labeled Bush as not so intelligent and goofy, he ends up making himself look decidedly stupid and cowering in the presence of Putin. So much for Obama's supposedly intellectual superiority.

                              Obama is dragging us back into another Cold War.

                              Thanks so much, Maobama!
                              Attached Files
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                              "Aim small, miss small."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X