Trump to Paint Dems as Champion of the Migrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump to Paint Dems as Champion of the Migrant

A little theory of mine, posted a while back - Trump was attempting to take white votes from Dems and leave them as the party of the ethnic minority, champion of the illegal immigrant - or in this case, the Syrian (hopefully non-terrorist) migrant.

A bit more evidence for the case here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34397272

Not that it means it will happen in the US, but this is the UK pattern, with the Left becoming, above all, the party of the ethnic minority (an election losing position in the UK).
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

The Dems have always been the party of the minorities, since they are behind all of the massive welfare and federal give-away programs and always looking for new ones.

Keeping voters dependent guarantees they vote they way the Dems want them to. "If you don't vote for Glug, Gurgle and Puke, your food stamps will go away."

That's why Dumb, Criminal and Out Of Work rules the elections and votes in these hairballs.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The Dems have always been the party of the minorities, since they are behind all of the massive welfare and federal give-away programs and always looking for new ones.

Keeping voters dependent guarantees they vote they way the Dems want them to. "If you don't vote for Glug, Gurgle and Puke, your food stamps will go away."

That's why Dumb, Criminal and Out Of Work rules the elections and votes in these hairballs.
      I agree, however have the GOP ever tried to frame the election in those terms, to make it part of the election platform? I didn't follow the last election too closely but can't recall immigration being the main focus for the GOP.

Comment

There is an important point not to be overlooked. Before The Donald can send anyboby back where they came from, he has to be elected President.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          I agree, however have the GOP ever tried to frame the election in those terms, to make it part of the election platform? I didn't follow the last election too closely but can't recall immigration being the main focus for the GOP.
          I've never heard any real cohesive GOP stance on illegal immigration other than maybe in certain states like Arizona. Not sure why...unless they are afraid they'll anger the businesses that employ the 11 million illegal immigrants and who may be GOP contributors. Might also be possible they just feel like it's not a good issue to take a stand on, since most people who are already strongly concerned about the illegals are probably Republicans anyway. Not sure where they'd gain votes by being hard-line about it.

Comment

I think Trump would make a pretty embarrassing POTUS. The only thing good I know he would do is put up that fence. Unfortunately, that's one more than I trust anyone else running to do.
            It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

In a sense, it isn't a bad strategy. This means the Democrats will have to respond to The Donald's charges, particularly if they start to gain traction.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                I've never heard any real cohesive GOP stance on illegal immigration other than maybe in certain states like Arizona. Not sure why...unless they are afraid they'll anger the businesses that employ the 11 million illegal immigrants and who may be GOP contributors. Might also be possible they just feel like it's not a good issue to take a stand on, since most people who are already strongly concerned about the illegals are probably Republicans anyway. Not sure where they'd gain votes by being hard-line about it.
                Doing the right thing often means doing the unpopular thing. The Repubs didn't want to do the unpopular thing. Not with the Dems pandering to the illegals et al.
                It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

I know I'd applaud if The Donald, or other Republican candidates, started pointing out all the lies and myths the Progressive Left and Democrats have produced about illegal, criminal, immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    In a sense, it isn't a bad strategy. This means the Democrats will have to respond to The Donald's charges, particularly if they start to gain traction.
                    I think so. There is obviously a lot of uncertainty as we need to see who wins the respective internal leadership races but immigration is rocketing as a US voter concern in recent polls (see link), second only to the Economy. If immigration becomes the top issue, the Dems are in for a tough time and will find it close to impossible to defend their record on immigration. They might try and shift the debate to other themes, but the UK experience is that they will find that difficult to do.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most...t-problem.aspx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X