No announcement yet.

American Extremist with Terrorist Links Detained in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And its goodbye mr Newman. Good riddance.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...02-gk058e.html
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      With regards to Australian policy I consider it the right of sovereign countries to determine who can or can't enter/stay in their country, at least among non-citizens. And I don't believe said countries need to have a good reason. So while I normally have contempt for political correctness and speech police, when it comes to preserving sovereignty, I believe a nation has the right to play the persona non grata card at will.
      As stated, I do actually object to barring people simply because they believe something I don't like. I think bad ideas should be challenged, not banished. Thus my opposition to banning the utterly vile David Irving. However, this guy has chosen to endorse violence & associate with people who practice it, so no visa for him.

For further context I should add that we have had our own issues with anti-abortion terrorism. In 2001 Peter James Knight shot & killed a security guard in a Fertility Control Clinic in Melbourne. He had intended to massacre everyone in the building by burning them to death. The place is only 20 minutes walk from my house and next door to the office my company is moving to in a few weeks. I often walk past it when I go to football games at the nearby MCG & walked past it today. The protester Knight used as cover for his attack are there regularly, though not today. All a bit close to home....literally.

We don't need this sort of person in Australia. We have our own nutters & don't need to encourage them.
      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
        As stated, I do actually object to barring people simply because they believe something I don't like. I think bad ideas should be challenged, not banished. Thus my opposition to banning the utterly vile David Irving. However, this guy has chosen to endorse violence & associate with people who practice it, so no visa for him.

For further context I should add that we have had our own issues with anti-abortion terrorism. In 2001 Peter James Knight shot & killed a security guard in a Fertility Control Clinic in Melbourne. He had intended to massacre everyone in the building by burning them to death. The place is only 20 minutes walk from my house and next door to the office my company is moving to in a few weeks. I often walk past it when I go to football games at the nearby MCG & walked past it today. The protester Knight used as cover for his attack are there regularly, though not today. All a bit close to home....literally.

We don't need this sort of person in Australia. We have our own nutters & don't need to encourage them.
        Wow. I agree. Nuts like that need to be taken down and kept out.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Kudos to the Aussies for this policy.

It would be nice if we could keep him from coming home.....
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X