Obama urges world leaders to hold course against ISIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama urges world leaders to hold course against ISIL

US president says the US-led coalition has grown to 60 nations and has beaten ISIL back from terrain it has held.

We’ve seen that ISIL can be defeated on the battlefield where there is sound organisation and a government and military that is coordinating with this coalition and with our diplomatic efforts,” Obama told leaders at a summit of an anti-ISIL coalition.
    Syria war dominates UN summit

“It will require diligence, focus and sustained effort by all of us.”

ISIL fighters are being beaten in northeast Syria and have been repelled from almost all of the Turkey-Syrian border across which thousands of foreign fighters have travelled from overseas to swell its ranks, Obama said at UN headquarters.

“Like terrorists and tyrants throughout history ISIL will eventually lose because it has nothing to offer but suffering and death,” Obama said. “Those who are labouring under their control, it is a stark and brutal life that does not appeal to people in the long term.”

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/0...165122615.html

Great leadership Obama^.

ISIL terrorists hope for Americans(as well as people of Europe, the Middle East, South America, list goes on) to start getting angry with each other due to differences in political views. While its one thing to respectfully disagree with one on political views, its a different story when harsh language is used by Americans against other Americans or Europeans against other Europeans , or Europeans against Americans, Americans against Middle Easterners, Middle easterners against Europeans , the list goes on.

Well I say this... ISIL is going down, God willing. Its a fact that every day more people learn about ISIL and therefore more people are speaking out against ISIL.

So what do you think fellow ACG members.... Will the Coalition defeat ISIL?

Or No?

For example are we totally screwed as I have heard some folks say ?

After all some Americans(ya I know its tough to believe but its true that some Americans think this way) suggest that GWB was behind 9/11, that the Axis powers should have won WW2. That our military is weak and led by stupid Generals, that the folks in the army and the navy are dumb , that lizardmen control the Gov, that the GOP is out to get us, that the dems are out to get us, the list goes on.

I'll believe Obama means it when he shows even a little bit of actual resolve to do something against ISIS. Right now, his few flounderings have proven worthless and half-hearted at best. With that I'm being generous.

Comment

Since the human could walk and talk, humans have been traveling.

These days folks have the ability to get on a ship or plane and travel relatively quickly from continent to continent. Folks in numerous parts of Europe travel to the countries of the ME, the Americas, other parts of the world on a daily basis. Folks in numerous parts of Asia, the ME, South America, are on a daily basis traveling to North America and vs versa. No amount of ignorance (Anti Jewish views, Anti Christian views, Anti Atheist views, Anti Muslim views) from any individual or group of people in the world has completely halted the many people whom travel internationally on a daily basis.

It is groups such as ISIL, the Third Reich, Boko Haram, which in fact sought and seeks to control land. These types of groups are not peaceful. These types of groups will not allow certain types of people that are recognized as peaceful in general to travel in their domain. In other words, the Third Reich did not allow certain types of people(peaceful people) to visit there country, the same can be said for group such as ISIL and Boko Haram...ISIL and Boko Haram do not allow peaceful peoples to travel in there lands.

It is important that groups such as ISIL and Boko Haram are defeated... As to not only help the good people of Syria and Iraq but to also prevent having international travel effected.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be much strategy on how to do this ...
        .... what the endgame and results should look like ...
        ... how this will prepare for dealing with the next replacement for IS/ISIS
        ????

Comment

Let the Middle Eastern leaders work it out for themselves.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I find that Saudi Arabia has the capacity to make a positive difference wrt the fight against ISIL.

U.S., Saudi troops build teamwork, friendship during mil-to-mil exercise

April 21, 2014

By Staff Sgt. Andrew Porch

"I think we definitely bridged the gap of militaries of different countries," said 1st Lt. Daniel Nicolosi, platoon leader, Company D, 1st Battalion, 67th Armor Regiment. "If we didn't establish some sort of tactical advantage out of this operation, we definitely set the foundation for future operations.""I think we definitely bridged the gap of militaries of different countries," said 1st Lt. Daniel Nicolosi, platoon leader, Company D, 1st Battalion, 67th Armor Regiment. "If we didn't establish some sort of tactical advantage out of this operation, we definitely set the foundation for future operations."

"Not only do we train similar ways, but we have similar goals both in this region and worldwide."

http://www.army.mil/article/124379/U..._mil_exercise/

Perhaps the naysayers will suggest that the army.mil site is offbase and that we are better to trust some sort of political pundit from the media.

I love the US military, I trust the military and Im rooting for the coalition to kick ISILS butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
              I find that Saudi Arabia has the capacity to make a positive difference wrt the fight against ISIL.
              The capacity Yes, the will No and with the threat of getting banned again, only in your dreams, it ain't happening!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Let the Middle Eastern leaders work it out for themselves.
                They are. That's why Europe is being swarmed with "refugees".

Comment

Obama urges world leaders to hold course against ISIL
                  That coming from Obama is like some WW 1 general sipping a brandy at a grand mansion in the rear urging his front line troops to make the ultimate sacrifice for King and Country by going over the top one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    There doesn't seem to be much strategy on how to do this ...
                    .... what the endgame and results should look like ...
                    ... how this will prepare for dealing with the next replacement for IS/ISIS
                    ????
                    Operations Northern and Southern Watch....

Who's bright ideas were those?

Comment

Following bobo's course will lead to a 'Titanic' event.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post

Trying to be cute and trollish with me, as a few others play, might seem fun-n-games, but is a dis-service to the other readers here ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northern_Watch
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Southern_Watch

Play like a Big Boy here and state what you mean in open terms

(I haven't time to waste playing guessing games on your vague implications ... )

Comment

Putin has different ideas, and they don't involve Bobo or US air power.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09.../?intcmp=hpbt1
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

This morning on CNN (fact to be noted by ALL forum members) Col. Raplh Peters called Obama "the pixie dust president, who thinks if he sprinkles it and says something three times it will be so." He also called Obama totally clueless when it comes to Syria and ISIS, "a man who has still not learned the lessons of reality, the lessons of the Middle East and the lessons of war. Bullets, not words, defeat an enemy."

If Obama were a monarch, he would be named Obama the Clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post

Take a guess...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X