Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll regarding Clean Energy attitudes among Republican voters

pdf Link

A poll conducted by Echelon Insights, North Star Opinion Research, and Public Opinion Strategies concludes that "clean energy keeps us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."

Some interesting points:

This question:

We should allow homeowners who use rooftop solar
    panels to receive credit on their energy bill for
    sending extra power back to the electrical grid
    that other customers can use.
    I don't have a problem with someone doing that if they are actually doing it. "Net metering" is a fiction that claims to do this but actually doesn't because the cost of actual equipment to parallel a home solar array to the grid would add about $20 to $30,000 to its cost and require 24 hour human monitoring.

or this question:

We should support homeowners who lease rooftop
    solar panels from private companies to power their
    own homes and not fine them for doing so.
    Note the use of the word "fine." How are homeowners leasing rooftop solar being "fined?" What criminal act have they committed?

We should expand the use of nuclear power in the
    United States because today’s technology is extremely
    safe and creates no harmful emissions.
    Note how Republicans (57%) more readily favor use of nuclear power than the population as a whole.

I find it interesting that the lie of "net metering" has gained such popularity. A fiction invented to allow home solar users to cheat utility companies out of money to pay for people's use of their electricity.

I find this poll heavily skewed in favor of Progressive / Environmentalist views on energy and the future of it in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I find this poll heavily skewed in favor of Progressive / Environmentalist views on energy and the future of it in the US.
      You might want to check out the political leanings of the three polling organizations that conducted and assembled this poll. I have a strong suspicion that after you do, you'll want to change the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
        You might want to check out the political leanings of the three polling organizations that assembled this poll. I have a strong suspicion that after you do, you'll want to change the above.
        No, I don't. The questions I pointed out are as charged. Net metering is a fraud. There is no way around it. Since the home solar power system and the utility are not physically connected in such an arrangement there is no way for the home owner to actually sell power to the utility.

Instead, net metering uses the fiction of two meters one subtracted from the other. The lie is that the energy the home owner produces is used in lieu of utility produced energy and therefore should be subtracted from the utility's metered usage.

The questions, as asked, obfuscate that fact. They also lead the person questioned towards a particular answer as in the one where the word "fine" is used for fees charged to a home solar leasee.

So, regardless of the politics of the group(s) involved, the questions tend towards favoring the Environmental Left's positions on energy. They are not neutral in their wording.

Comment

No, I don't. The questions I pointed out are as charged. Net metering is a fraud. There is no way around it. Since the home solar power system and the utility are not physically connected in such an arrangement there is no way for the home owner to actually sell power to the utility.

Instead, net metering uses the fiction of two meters one subtracted from the other. The lie is that the energy the home owner produces is used in lieu of utility produced energy and therefore should be subtracted from the utility's metered usage.

The questions, as asked, obfuscate that fact. They also lead the person questioned towards a particular answer as in the one where the word "fine" is used for fees charged to a home solar leasee.

So, regardless of the politics of the group(s) involved, the questions tend towards favoring the Environmental Left's positions on energy. They are not neutral in their wording.
          May I suggest then you take it up with the pollsters.

BTW: I've noticed that you take exception with those polls whose results you disagree with by ascribing them as being conducted by Leftists/Progressives and/or Environmentalists. Could it posiible that it is your opinions and perceptions of others that are the outlier here?

Comment

Here's the difference. Now, most people have no clue that net metering is a fraud, but it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

May I suggest then you take it up with the pollsters.

BTW: I've noticed that you take exception with those polls whose results you disagree with by ascribing them as being conducted by Leftists/Progressives and/or Environmentalists. Could it posiible that it is your opinions and perceptions of others that are the outlier here?
              I didn't look at who made the poll. But, rather, I looked at how the questions were worded. They tended to take the Environmental / pro-Solar / Wind / Green energy positions each time and used trigger words like "fine" within the questions.
              Now, maybe the pollsters intended that if they were Conservative in viewpoint trying to use a Progressive wording. I don't know. But, if I were taking the poll I'd assume from the questions that it was being done by a Progressive Environmentalist group.

Comment

pdf Link

A poll conducted by Echelon Insights, North Star Opinion Research, and Public Opinion Strategies concludes that "clean energy keeps us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."
                The poll did not conclude that "clean energy keeps us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."

The poll simply demonstrated that a majority of the respondents were morons.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Done right, the cleanest and most effective method of energy procurement we have is nuclear power. The problem is that laziness, design flaws, or natural disasters have the capacity to produce Fukushimas, 3 Mile Islands, and Chernobyls, and the prominence of those incidents in the public mind is a constant thorn in the side for nuclear energy firms.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                    Done right, the cleanest and most effective method of energy procurement we have is nuclear power. The problem is that laziness, design flaws, or natural disasters have the capacity to produce Fukushimas, 3 Mile Islands, and Chernobyls, and the prominence of those incidents in the public mind is a constant thorn in the side for nuclear energy firms.
                    Regulatory and litigious malfeasance are the only serious obstacles to nuclear power.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Regulatory and litigious malfeasance are the only serious obstacles to nuclear power.
                      I'd add public ignorance of how nuclear power works egged on by a sizable opposition group that has spread considerable misinformation, propaganda, and emotional sensationalism to get people opposed to it.

Comment

I'd add public ignorance of how nuclear power works egged on by a sizable opposition group that has spread considerable misinformation, propaganda, and emotional sensationalism to get people opposed to it.
                        Public ignorance is the only way a poll could conclude that "clean energy keeps us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          Public ignorance is the only way a poll could conclude that "clean energy keeps us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."

I think that depends on what the definition of "clean energy" is. Is "Clean coal" clean energy? Is a solar bird cooker like the Ivanpah solar plant "clean energy?"

http://www.kcet.org/news/redefine/re...o-missing.html

How is "clean energy" safer than other energy production systems?

More prosperous is very debatable. Cost effective means of production make something more prosperous as a rule. It's environmental impact may or may not depending on things like government regulations.

Comment

I think that depends on what the definition of "clean energy" is. Is "Clean coal" clean energy? Is a solar bird cooker like the Ivanpah solar plant "clean energy?"

http://www.kcet.org/news/redefine/re...o-missing.html

How is "clean energy" safer than other energy production systems?

More prosperous is very debatable. Cost effective means of production make something more prosperous as a rule. It's environmental impact may or may not depending on things like government regulations.
                            Public ignorance notwithstanding, natural gas is clean energy too.

Natural gas to nuclear (N2N) is clean and would actually "keep us healthier, safer, and more prosperous."

Comment

Some interesting points:

This question:

I don't have a problem with someone doing that if they are actually doing it. "Net metering" is a fiction that claims to do this but actually doesn't because the cost of actual equipment to parallel a home solar array to the grid would add about $20 to $30,000 to its cost and require 24 hour human monitoring.

or this question:

Note the use of the word "fine." How are homeowners leasing rooftop solar being "fined?" What criminal act have they committed?

Note how Republicans (57%) more readily favor use of nuclear power than the population as a whole.

I find it interesting that the lie of "net metering" has gained such popularity. A fiction invented to allow home solar users to cheat utility companies out of money to pay for people's use of their electricity.

And this surprises you...why?
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X