No announcement yet.

Five bizarre 'lessons' in Indian textbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard some bat crazy things come out of India. My all time favorite was when the VHP said that Christian missionaries were in league with the CIA.

Pardon me, sir. Have you considered letting Jesus into your heart?
    But don't make the mistake of thinking that a crazy agenda driven book or statement represents overall viewpoints. It's worth noting that we have crazy BS like common core and everyone knows it's BS. We have fringe movements like Black Lives Matter and most of America doesn't take them seriously.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Don't be taken in by the chart. According to it, the Middle Eastern nations are pretty literate, but they still provide the terrorists and the violence because it isn't their "literacy", it's what they read, and how it is interpreted.

Middle Eastern males don't get a lot of opportunities to read the same stuff we Westerners do, and ME females don't get to read much at all.

Statistics, even in chart form, say what you want them to say.
      Reading the Koran is "literacy" to most Middle Eastern countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Don't be taken in by the chart. According to it, the Middle Eastern nations are pretty literate, but they still provide the terrorists and the violence because it isn't their "literacy", it's what they read, and how it is interpreted.

Middle Eastern males don't get a lot of opportunities to read the same stuff we Westerners do, and ME females don't get to read much at all.

Statistics, even in chart form, say what you want them to say.
        Which is why I didn't comment on the Middle East or Africa at all. I compared Portugal to other European nations and Peru to other South American countries.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X