An insiderís guide to the papal visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An insiderís guide to the papal visit

Been looking forward to this for some time now..

When Pope Francis touches down at Andrews Air Force Base on Tuesday, he will set off on the kind of backbreaking itinerary for which this 78-year-old pontiff has become known. With 18 scheduled stops in three states over six days, the popeís pace will be challenging to match.

A complete rundown of Francisí schedule from Sept. 22-27 can be found on the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops website.

But unless youíre paid to cover Francisí every utterance or youíre more Catholic than Ö you know ó youíll probably want a cheat sheet to know which papal events are really worth your attention. Thatís where we come in.

WASHINGTON

Arrival at Andrews Air Force Base Sept. 22, 4 p.m.

President Obama, Vice President Biden, and their wives will personally welcome the pope, an honor extended to no other world leader. There will be plenty of body language to interpret ó but little else.

http://news.yahoo.com/an-insiders-gu...626019883.html

Address to joint session of Congress Sept. 24, 9:20 a.m.

The first pope to address the U.S. Congress, Francis will find a warm reception from representatives and senators, one-third of whom are Catholic. His speech, which will be in English, is likely to be relatively brief. Possible topics include: climate change, economic inequality, the Middle East, dignity of life, immigration, criminal justice, religious freedom and racial injustice. Keep an eye on former altar boys Joe Biden and John Boehner, seated directly behind the pope while he speaks. They are divided by most of these same issues but will be united for the day in their fan-boy admiration for this pope. A must-see.

http://news.yahoo.com/an-insiders-gu...626019883.html

Comment

Welcome Pope Francis !

Comment

Great. Another dipshit celebrity gnarling traffic for millions of regular Joe's. Thanks.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Great. Another dipshit celebrity gnarling traffic for millions of regular Joe's. Thanks.
          Heard one of the NYPD spokesperson calling this the biggest challenge the city has faced. There are a bunch of world leaders coming to the UN to see the Pope speak. Your city is in for a busy weekend partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
            Heard one of the NYPD spokesperson calling this the biggest challenge the city has faced. There are a bunch of world leaders coming to the UN to see the Pope speak. Your city is in for a busy weekend partner.
            Yeah, no ****: we'll be hosting several hundred celebrity no-loads -- all on my dime.

Why can't they go to Buffalo? Doesn't your burgh need the action?

Comment

Yeah, no ****: we'll be hosting several hundred celebrity no-loads -- all on my dime.

We have had Obama visit UB, I think the Dali Lama came once.

But in any event you must be at least somewhat interested, if not even happy for the Pope and all the world leaders to come?

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                We have had Obama visit UB, I think the Dali Lama came once.

But in any event you must be at least somewhat interested, if not even happy for the Pope and all the world leaders to come?
                Let me know how it is when you're late for your kid's game 'cause these friggin' khazars are stopping traffic. Trust me, the novelty of the celebrity photo-op wore off many, many moons ago.

Comment

I guess when the UN is Manhattan (and all the foreign diplomats living around here), that's the downside.

Still, I doubt anyone besides the NYPD could do a better job since they have to do this routinely.

Otherwise, we'd have gone to war with Iran a dozen times already.

Comment

Highlights from Lennin's Pope tomorrow-

"Castro's Cuba is a wonderful place, the Doctors can cure anything using just aspirin. If anyone remembers how many Catholics were killed by that regime, well, try forgetting about it."

"Free Markets are EVIL, money is Evil, American is Evil but they can save themselves by allowing another 250 million Refugees that hate you into your borders by the end of the year... for starters."
                    "No, the richest church in the world won't be helping with any of that."

"Gos is Great, just remember that he speaks through me!"

This former bouncer from a failed state that has reneged on its debts is going to tell us how to run our economy.
                    Its time to remind the Left that Pedophile Priests are the only kind they have been talking about for the last 20 years.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Let's not mention the Falklands and his stance on that...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        Let's not mention the Falklands and his stance on that...

WWPD?

What Would Peron Do?

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Hahaha ,so funny..The Lennin's pope..
                          Read this while watching at French news main title "Francis visit to the US doesn't make everybody happy.."
                          You bet !
                          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I wonder how many swallow this papal bull.

That guy takes a dump just like the rest of us.

Except his might go into a gold plated vessel...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I could never understand how people could be Catholic these days. I meanvthe church was made to control the plebs.
                              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X