The Ben Carson meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Unfortunately my lanes have PBR at $11.80 and the one semi-craft selection at $15.00. We drink we PBR.
    Well, when it comes time to present the new you to the world...don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      ^ All of that aside . . . . Sanders has Hillary so discombobulated that she's now running against herself: she's panning the TPP trade pact, the very trade agreement that her State Dept helped negotiate during Obama's first term. I'm guessing that Hillary's internal polls are delivering a lot of bad news of late. Can Bernie really win the nomination?
      She is running left, as long as VP Biden stays out Sen Sanders is her only competition so she will continue to tack hard left. It will be funny if VP Biden jumps in... she'll feel like she is getting whipsawed because he'll be to the right of her 'new' positions i.e. middle left as compared to her new beat Bernie positions.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

She is running left, as long as VP Biden stays out Sen Sanders is her only competition so she will continue to tack hard left.
        But she ain't foolin' no one. This morning on NY's NPR affiliate, all the little progs were panning Hillary nine ways from Sunday. i don't know what's funnier: watching Hillary squirm like a stuck pig, or watching the dreamers **** on Hillary's dream.

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        It will be funny if VP Biden jumps in... she'll feel like she is getting whipsawed because he'll be to the right of her 'new' positions i.e. middle left as compared to her new beat Bernie positions.
        Has Biden done any fund-raising? If not, then it won't be too likely that he'll stuff his war chest sufficiently to keep a national campaign going for more than ten minutes.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

She is running left, as long as VP Biden stays out Sen Sanders is her only competition so she will continue to tack hard left. It will be funny if VP Biden jumps in... she'll feel like she is getting whipsawed because he'll be to the right of her 'new' positions i.e. middle left as compared to her new beat Bernie positions.
          I think what makes Biden dangerous is that very much unlike Hillary Clinton, he's capable of winning working-class (especially white and male) votes. They are still the single largest voting bloc in the US, don't forget. Biden is also for better or worse more authentic than Hillary is, which is appealing to an electorate sick of sanitized politics.

Comment

The problem with that strategy is that it's short-sighted. That might help her in the primaries but those same positions won't fly for a second come the actual election. It will also give her opponent endless ammunition to use against her.
            However, against that, given she's sinking faster than the Lusitania, I can't see where a "do anything to win" strategy at this point is a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              The problem with that strategy is that it's short-sighted. That might help her in the primaries but those same positions won't fly for a second come the actual election. It will also give her opponent endless ammunition to use against her.
              However, against that, given she's sinking faster than the Lusitania, I can't see where a "do anything to win" strategy at this point is a negative.
              Yes it will come back on her, but not as much as the GOP field will face, this year will be worse that last with Mr Romney tacking hard right.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yes it will come back on her, but not as much as the GOP field will face, this year will be worse that last with Mr Romney tacking hard right.
                How do you mean?

Comment

How do you mean?
                  Same as it applies to Ms Clinton. The competition in the GOP primaries will push out a candidate with positions toward the far right rather than the center.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Same as it applies to Ms Clinton. The competition in the GOP primaries will push out a candidate with positions toward the far right rather than the center.

The leading candidates right now in the GOP are hardly the most Right wing ones. Those holding hard Right positions all seem to be faltering as are the more Libertarian ones like Rand Paul.

Comment

The leading candidates right now in the GOP are hardly the most Right wing ones. Those holding hard Right positions all seem to be faltering as are the more Libertarian ones like Rand Paul.
                      You need to relook at their positions. Not counting Trump because he has no position really. He makes it up on the fly.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X