Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Engineering Ahmed Mohamed’s Clock… and Ourselves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
    My personal belief is that his Islamic fundamentalist/activist father put him up to this looking for exactly the reaction that they got. They purposely built the "clock" to look like a bomb. We're being played like a fiddle ... and predictably the dopey bozo in the Oval Office fell for it.
    Goly, what was your first clue?
    The Political activism of the Father, the fact that its just a clock radio without the casing.... or the trip to make a speech at the UN, to be followed by a Pilgrimage to Mecca?

Hollywood theatrics, from start to finish.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
      My personal belief is that his Islamic fundamentalist/activist father put him up to this looking for exactly the reaction that they got. They purposely built the "clock" to look like a bomb. We're being played like a fiddle ... and predictably the dopey bozo in the Oval Office fell for it.
      Agreed, my thoughts as well, this was a put up job and I think that the 13 year old that spoke out against Obama was one as well.
      Just my two Cents!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

A question: What was this kid's original reason for making this "clock" and bringing it to school?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          A question: What was this kid's original reason for making this "clock" and bringing it to school?
          "It's just a clock" - supposedly that is all he said during the questioning according to multiple articles I have seen. Gee, no wonder they walked him out in the iron bracelets.

Comment

To get on TV...
            Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Back to little Ahmed and his hoax bomb/clock. This was the initial news story, before CAIR and Maobama turned it into a hate crime...
            Irving ISD student detained for 'suspicious device'

Jason Whitely, WFAA 12:33 p.m. CDT September 16, 2015

IRVING – A MacArthur High School freshman said school officials overreacted and called police after mistakenly thinking a digital clock he rebuilt looked like a fake bomb.

"They arrested me and told me I committed a crime of a hoax bomb - a fake bomb," he told News 8.

Officers said the clock and wires inside his Vaultz pencil case looked like a hoax bomb to them.

But Ahmed — an engineering student who has won awards for his inventions — said he created the clock over the weekend, and brought it to school to show an engineering teacher on Monday.

"It was the first time I brought an invention to school to show a teacher," he told News 8.

[...]

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...bomb/72339246/

If little Ahmed was an "an engineering student who has won awards for his inventions," how could this be "the first time [he] brought an invention to school to show a teacher"/ Note to the perpetually oblivious: This is your first clue that this was a hoax and/or publicity stunt.
            According to Irving police, Ahmed's case contained a digital clock that the student had taken apart and rearranged.

Did anyone miss the second clue that this was a hoax and/or publicity stunt?
            Police said the student had the briefcase in his English class, where he plugged it into an electrical outlet and it started to make noise.

Ahmed told WFAA that his English teacher confiscated his case. A few hours later, the student said the principal and school resource officer pulled him out of class and questioned the high school freshman.

Do I need to point out the third clue?
            Officers said Ahmed was being "passive aggressive" in his answers to their questions, and didn't have a "reasonable answer" as to what he was doing with the case. Investigators said the student told them that it was just a clock that he was messing around with.

"We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only say it was a clock. He didn't offer any explanation as to what it was for, why he created this device, why he brought it to school," said James McLellan, Irving Police.

Police confiscated the case along with Ahmed's tablet computer.

Officers booked Mohamed on having a fake bomb, a Class A misdemeanor. McLellan said the Dallas County District Attorneys office will decide whether there's enough evidence to charge him. He was released to his parents Monday afternoon.

Anyone need help with the fourth clue?
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

There it is there. This little @$$ wipe was being a teenage snot and got called out, so-to-speak.

It's apparent he was acting out and it was some sort of attention getting stunt.

That Obama, being a (person of diminished mental capacity, word starting in R), fell for this crappola before he had the facts in is just par for his administration. They, and he, have repeatedly jumped the gun when someone the administration sees as a special group of minorities deserving of extra support on that basis alone.
              That is, they reacted to this kid's nonsense because he is Muslim and the Obama administration is a bunch of bigots.

Comment

There it is there. This little @$$ wipe was being a teenage snot and got called out, so-to-speak.

It's apparent he was acting out and it was some sort of attention getting stunt.

That Obama, being a (person of diminished mental capacity, word starting in R), fell for this crappola before he had the facts in is just par for his administration. They, and he, have repeatedly jumped the gun when someone the administration sees as a special group of minorities deserving of extra support on that basis alone.
                That is, they reacted to this kid's nonsense because he is Muslim and the Obama administration is a bunch of bigots.
                Along with the bigots of the LameStreamMedia trying to make this another case of "islamophobia".
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

It's hilarious you guys turned this into a dialogue on how horrible the kid is.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

The kid being muslim might or might not have been a factor, but the school and police reactions doesn't seem overboard, considering the vague answers the kid gave when questioned and how much school shootings there have been lately. Being muslim should not exempt anyone from what should be the consequences of their actions.
                    "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                      Do give us a better rationale for his making this "clock" and his subsequent actions at his school and with authorities. If you know of a better reason he made it (as minimal as his efforts were considering he just repackaged a commercially available clock... no "engineering" necessary) please share it with us.

As it is, I think the evidence points to a teenage snot trying to get attention through acting up at school. That in turn, makes Obama's response ignorant and rash, and in at least my opinion (based in good part on his earlier and similar responses in other cases), based on bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                        It's not the kid's fault that his father is a con man.
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

This is about a person(a kid) with a clock. Not Muslims in general. If the kid was a Jew and he was discriminated against, I could see Obama saying something. Obama says stuff when non Muslims are involved, Yoggi Berras death was mourned by Obama today.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                            The kid being muslim might or might not have been a factor, but the school and police reactions doesn't seem overboard, considering the vague answers the kid gave when questioned and how much school shootings there have been lately. Being muslim should not exempt anyone from what should be the consequences of their actions.
                            In a sane world, this should have not even resulted in the kid being sent to the principal's office.

The world hasn't been sane since I was in college (Late Pleistocene).

From mass shootings to 9-11 to political correctness run amok... Kids are no longer allowed to be kids in school... And bureaucrats will always be too stupid to enact zero tolerance policies.

Comment

Ahmed Mohamed: Texas Boy's Family Hires Legal Counsel to Get Clock Back

The family of the 14-year-old Muslim boy who was led out of school in handcuffs has hired attorneys to get back the homemade clock that administrators mistook for a bomb.

Ahmed Mohamed was suspended after showing his clock to a teacher at his Irving, Texas, high school last week. His case sparked an outcry on social media and attracted the attention of President Obama and a number of tech companies who invited Ahmed to visit.

His family said in a statement Wednesday that it had pulled Ahmed and his two siblings out of the Irving school district "because of religious persecution," and had decided to home-school the kids.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ounsel-n432366

If Ahmed was a Jew there would be some folks who would have suggested that this was a case of Jewish terror, Ziobama is placating to the Jews again, send all the Jews away , , Or round up the Jews...or anything similar to the many negative comments that are coming out on social media about Muslims in general.
                              Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 23 Sep 15, 16:45.

Comment

Ahmed was arrested at MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas, after officials thought the device he brought to school was a "hoax bomb".

The entire family is set to fly to New York on Wednesday where United Nations dignitaries want to meet Ahmed.

After that, Mr Mohamed hopes to take his son on a pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

"I ask Allah to bless this time. After that, we'll see,'' Mohamed said.

When they return, they plan to visit the White House to meet US President Barack Obama, he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34324917

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X