Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Engineering Ahmed Mohamed’s Clock… and Ourselves.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    And, someone else would have built that because you didn't build it Mr. Obama...
    He shoots; he SCORES!!

    Unable to rep you for the moment.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #17
      Internet vigilantism is always hilarious.

      I'll listen to their blathering after they examine the actual clock and hear the full story from the people involved.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Internet vigilantism is always hilarious.

        I'll listen to their blathering after they examine the actual clock and hear the full story from the people involved.
        You don't need any thing other than common sense to determine that a "clock" in a box is a deliberate attempt to force authorities to think bomb. The kid should be charged with a false bomb threat if nothing else. The police had every reason to arrest a kid who was wasting their time because they have to respond to calls no matter how silly they may sound in hindsight. We had these false bomb threats at school when I was a kid and the police took it very seriously as it is highly disruptive and not a bit funny.
        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          You don't need any thing other than common sense to determine that a "clock" in a box is a deliberate attempt to force authorities to think bomb. The kid should be charged with a false bomb threat if nothing else. The police had every reason to arrest a kid who was wasting their time because they have to respond to calls no matter how silly they may sound in hindsight. We had these false bomb threats at school when I was a kid and the police took it very seriously as it is highly disruptive and not a bit funny.
          You believe he was trying to make a fake bomb threat based on what you claim is "common sense", but really don't explain how you've come to this conclusion beyond it being self-evident and obvious that he was trying to spark a bomb threat.

          Does it go something like "kid makes clock in box, kid brings clock in box to school, kid presents clock in box to teacher in hopes of convincing them it's a bomb so he can cause havoc/get a day off/look cool to Lil Miss Susie?"

          Because that's a pretty big leap when the "he made something innocuous others thought was suspicious" has far more "common sense" going for it. Especially considering the whole "I put in all this effort to incriminate myself physically when I could have just posted an anonymous letter"...

          When my class mate made a doorbell for middle school (without prompting), it too was in a box and mounted to a structure that, if one wanted to apply a very liberal interpretation of "common sense" would also have been a bomb hoax and nothing else.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            You believe he was trying to make a fake bomb threat based on what you claim is "common sense", but really don't explain how you've come to this conclusion beyond it being self-evident and obvious that he was trying to spark a bomb threat.

            Does it go something like "kid makes clock in box, kid brings clock in box to school, kid presents clock in box to teacher in hopes of convincing them it's a bomb so he can cause havoc/get a day off/look cool to Lil Miss Susie?"

            Because that's a pretty big leap when the "he made something innocuous others thought was suspicious" has far more "common sense" going for it. Especially considering the whole "I put in all this effort to incriminate myself physically when I could have just posted an anonymous letter"...

            When my class mate made a doorbell for middle school (without prompting), it too was in a box and mounted to a structure that, if one wanted to apply a very liberal interpretation of "common sense" would also have been a bomb hoax and nothing else.
            I tell you what you but a clock in a box and go to any government institution and see what happens.

            I think you would have to be extremely naive to believe that it would go without unwanted attention in today's environment.
            We hunt the hunters

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              I tell you what you but a clock in a box and go to any government institution and see what happens.

              I think you would have to be extremely naive to believe that it would go without unwanted attention in today's environment.
              A child being naive? Impossible.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                A child being naive? Impossible.
                A child with no parental supervision, doesn't happen in america hey?

                The problem with this sort of thing is that when the truth finally comes out it will do more harm than good to have supported a poor example of ethnic diversity.

                If you want examples of successful ethnic diversity look at Asian Americans. The same types of discrimination that other minorities have faced hasn't keep them down.

                It's time that liberals come to grips with the fact that often minorities are their own worse enemies. Supporting stunts that highlight discrimination is really just catering to the lowest common denominator with blinders on.
                Last edited by wolfhnd; 23 Sep 15, 00:01.
                We hunt the hunters

                Comment


                • #23
                  Luckily,the kid wasn't working on a pressure cooker at the same time
                  That rug really tied the room together

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmSwJTqpgY

                    So it makes no difference if the kid is a fraud?
                    Not unless he brought a bomb or a mock bomb to school. The issue here is a school kid being cuffed & dragged off to jail for doing nothing wrong except be called Mohammed. Attacking the kid & his family is 100% predictable. He's a Muslim, so he has to be wrong.

                    The same people who scream 'fascism' when government power lightly brushes them are first in line to justify the most heavy handed treatment of non-whites. The justifications change, but the subtext never does.

                    If this had been little Johnny doing a dry run for his first abortion clinic bombing or his first attack on agents of the Federal government or the ZOG he would have been patted on the head & congratulated on his ingenuity.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Internet vigilantism is always hilarious.

                      I'll listen to their blathering after they examine the actual clock and hear the full story from the people involved.
                      Maybe y'all don't have local news in your neck of the woods. The kid and his family have been all over the local news here, for nearly a week, telling their version of the "full story."

                      The true "full story" appears to lie somewhere between CAIR publicity stunt and fraud.
                      Electronic experts have said that Mohamed's clock looks astonishingly similar to a clock that was sold in the 1980s by Radio Shack.

                      Mohamed and his family have not commented about claims that the clock is a hoax, and they are still planning on keeping thousands of dollars in donations and taking legal action against the school and the police.

                      Judge Napolitano said it now appears that this was a "purposeful hoax."

                      http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/2...urposeful-hoax
                      Last edited by The Doctor; 23 Sep 15, 05:19.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                        Not unless he brought a bomb or a mock bomb to school. The issue here is a school kid being cuffed & dragged off to jail for doing nothing wrong except be called Mohammed. Attacking the kid & his family is 100% predictable. He's a Muslim, so he has to be wrong.

                        The same people who scream 'fascism' when government power lightly brushes them are first in line to justify the most heavy handed treatment of non-whites. The justifications change, but the subtext never does.

                        If this had been little Johnny doing a dry run for his first abortion clinic bombing or his first attack on agents of the Federal government or the ZOG he would have been patted on the head & congratulated on his ingenuity.
                        The only issue apart from "family fraud" is the fact the school officials mistook a "hoax clock" for a "hoax bomb."
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          ing shifty Jews with their secret plots against society. Oh sorry guys wrong forum.

                          ing shifty Muslims with their secret plots against society. That's more in keeping with the general tone here.
                          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                          G.B Shaw

                          "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                            ing shifty Jews with their secret plots against society. Oh sorry guys wrong forum.

                            ing shifty Muslims with their secret plots against society. That's more in keeping with the general tone here.
                            The only manner in which religion plays a role in this is the fact that society has been rewarding this family's fraud, because they are Muslims.
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Quite so. You can build a clock rather easily btw. You can use a breadboard and get the schematics off the net. No biggie.
                                Credo quia absurdum.


                                Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X