Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Engineering Ahmed Mohamed’s Clock… and Ourselves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Engineering Ahmed Mohamed’s Clock… and Ourselves.

"I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock."

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/...and-ourselves/

I don't know if this kid cheated and was trying to impress people or what but it seems that no one cares enough to look into it. So why is it important?

Our society is teaching kids it is ok to lie and cheat if this kid gets the presidents attention. Even more important it teaches them that the President and his staff are easily fooled and by extension the rest of society. If he is a fraud?

No surprises as to how this will go.
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Some guy couldn't reverse engineer the clock from a photo, so the kid is a cheat? I'm trying to think of a word that says 'pathetic' more forcefully, but that will have to do for now.
      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        "I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock."

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/...and-ourselves/

I don't know if this kid cheated and was trying to impress people or what but it seems that no one cares enough to look into it. So why is it important?

Our society is teaching kids it is ok to lie and cheat if this kid gets the presidents attention. Even more important it teaches them that the President and his staff are easily fooled and by extension the rest of society. If he is a fraud?
        Nerds Rage Over Ahmed Mohamed's Clock

Last week, Ahmed Mohamed’s homemade clock got him arrested and then invited to the White House. This week, the conspiracy theory backlash against his ‘invention’ begins.

The Muslim teen who became an overnight celebrity after Texas cops mistook his homemade clock for a bomb has received a White House invitation, shoutouts from Facebook, MIT, and NASA, and more than $15,000 for an academic scholarship.

But some engineers say something’s fishy about the high schooler’s invention, and the Internet has been lit aflame by claims of conspiracy. The fact that a teenager was put in handcuffs over his clock appears to be less of a concern to some people than the apparently shoddy engineering of the “invention” in question.

Electronics experts who examined photos of 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed’s creation called it a fraud loudly enough to grab the attention of famed atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins, who on Sunday tweeted: “We were all fooled.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...d-s-clock.html

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
          Some guy couldn't reverse engineer the clock from a photo, so the kid is a cheat? I'm trying to think of a word that says 'pathetic' more forcefully, but that will have to do for now.
          The behavior of pResident Barrack HUSSEIN Obama has been most pathetic. He continues to give his undivided attention to the wrong people as he belittles our military and public defenders.

Buried in my collection of electronic junk from the 70s is an ole Radio Shack frequency counter kit, a costly collection of IC counters and other parts. Those commonly available parts, found in many old school electronic kits, can easily be modified into a countdown timer using a 555 IC as a count generator using a variable resistor to control the speed of that count. In short, a clock that is a timer to trigger some event such as my experiment to build a countdown racing clock for use in R/C boat racing, or the favorite device of a Terrorist, an IED.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Ahmed Mohamed’s Father Battled Against Florida Koran Burner, Ran for President Twice in Sudan

"A lot of folks think — given the Mohamed family’s past — this whole situation might have been a scheme cooked up to provide Mohamed — the father — an opportunity to get in the lime light and further the Islamic agenda.

Honestly, as this whole thing unfolds, it does seem a bit fishy.

Regardless of whether it’s legit or a setup, the way Obama responded to this fiasco is incredibly inappropriate, especially since he hasn’t invited a single child from a family where a police officer has been murdered to the White House, nor the family of Kate Steinle."

http://www.youngcons.com/ahmed-moham...wice-in-sudan/

Comment

"I think we have all learnt an important lesson from this situation which is that ‘brown’ people with aspirations are dangerous"

Or people who do stunts to expose racism are a bit dishonest. You put any kind of timer in a briefcase and take it to a public place you are either and idiot or a publicity seeker.

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmSwJTqpgY

So it makes no difference if the kid is a fraud?

Comment

/Shrug. Bobo is stupid.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Ship the whole family to Gitmo...
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      /Shrug. Bobo is stupid.
                      No...he is far more dangerous than that. He's clever and has an agenda that does not include large portions of the American people.

As for the kid, time will tell, but it does indeed look fishy...and it shouldn't.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Radio shack circuit board? Really? That's inventive???

Well shag me. I've got more inventions and I never got a invite.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            And, someone else would have built that because you didn't build it Mr. Obama...

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              Radio shack circuit board? Really? That's inventive???

Well shag me. I've got more inventions and I never got a invite.
                              Well...
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X