Bergdahl was fed up with his Job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergdahl was fed up with his Job!

OK I come to this site to get perspective from vets and soldiers. I didn't serve so I look to the pro's! What c'hall think about this article? BS? Merit?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a64_story.html

Total BS.

Bergdahl violated the chain of command, deserted and went over to the enemy, period, and by being traded, he released five terrorist enemies of America and that's treason because it aided and abetted the terrorists.

There is absolutely no record of his ever having tried to bring his dissatisfaction with the situation to the attention of his superiors.

Now he has to face his punishment and he's a whiny little baby who did it because "he wasn't satisfied".

CRAP, and that's all his story is and ever was. His attorney, and I notice he has an expensive civilian one, is trying to make him the victim.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I'm still waiting for someone tells me how he got promoted from Pfc to Sgt. That doesn't come automatically. Schools, recommendations and EER evaluation usually are required.

So who promoted him and how?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        I'm still waiting for someone tells me how he got promoted from Pfc to Sgt. That doesn't come automatically. Schools, recommendations and EER evaluation usually are required.

So who promoted him and how?
        POW/MIA are automatically considered for promotion based purely on time in grade and time in service. Basically it's automatic. Been that way for long time.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Bergdahl's actions are what count, his "account" of things as spun by him and his lawyers are nothing more than the equivalent of "sea stories." You, I, any vet that served honorably may not have liked the unit we were in, or whatever the job we were doing was. But, we did it anyway and didn't run away from it.
          His BS story of going AWOL for a day or two then showing up elsewhere conflicts with earlier versions he and others have told not to mention being pretty much a load of crap and something that would have never gotten him anything.
          Bergdahl deserted in a combat zone and deserves the full penalties for doing so.

Comment

Having been an Article 32 officer on a couple of occasions, my first question would be who he notified in his immediate chain of command of his dissatisfaction? If so, what was the immediate supervisor
            s response. If the immediate supervisor did not respond, did he ask to see his first officer in a chain of command? If so, was he afforded the opportunity to speak to the officer? If so, what was his response. If still no satisfaction, did he lodge a complaint with the Inspector General?

This going out and creating attention does not cut it.
            Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 22 Sep 15, 11:09.
            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
              Having been an Article 32 officer on a couple of occasions, my first question would be who he notified in his immediate chain of command of his dissatisfaction? If so, what was the immediate supervisor
              s response. If the immediate supervisor did not respond, did he ask to see his first officer in a chain of command? If so, was he afforded the opportunity to speak to the officer? If so, what was his response. If still no satisfaction, did he lodge a complaint with the Inspector General?

This going out and creating attention does cut it.
              Exactly.

I think he meant to defect and desert all along, but wasn't prepared not to be treated as some sort of hero by the terrorists.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I've never heard of a grunt being happy with his mos. Hell, bitching is the long established right of the enlisted.

The only guys that talk about 'how great it is' are recruiters. And we all know how truthful they are...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    POW/MIA are automatically considered for promotion based purely on time in grade and time in service. Basically it's automatic. Been that way for long time.
                    He was AWOL for more than 30 days. Where does that put him??? Non-promotional.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      I've never heard of a grunt being happy with his mos. Hell, bitching is the long established right of the enlisted.

The only guys that talk about 'how great it is' are recruiters. And we all know how truthful they are...
                      Of course you never heard it, but how often do you listen or how do you explain all the Sr ranks in the Infantry.

Comment

He was not declared AWOL at all and he was never in AWOL status. He was in MIA status the entire time.
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Total BS.

Bergdahl violated the chain of command, deserted and went over to the enemy, period, and by being traded, he released five terrorist enemies of America and that's treason because it aided and abetted the terrorists.

There is absolutely no record of his ever having tried to bring his dissatisfaction with the situation to the attention of his superiors.

Now he has to face his punishment and he's a whiny little baby who did it because "he wasn't satisfied".

CRAP, and that's all his story is and ever was. His attorney, and I notice he has an expensive civilian one, is trying to make him the victim.
                          I agree. If he made it through boot camp he had to know about the chain of command, the UCMJ, all the usual stuff they teach you. He probably heard it twice, having washed out of Coast Guard boot camp because it was "too tough." Plus, he was only over there 5 weeks before he discovered that he had this knowledge that he felt he needed to call to the attention of the Army brass. He sounds like he might be mentally challenged, and I think the only thing you could say to criticize the Army was he probably shouldn't have been over there in the first place, being a loony and all. The Maj. General who the article says interviewed him and seems to believe his ridiculous story should be closely looked at for competence.
                          Friggin' Obama, once again looks like a total fool in this case just like he has done over and over again...jumping to conclusions with no real knowledge of the facts. He did the same thing, reacting stupidly and I would say far from presidential when he sent his people to Mike Brown's funeral...in this case making it appear that the US Government was bringing a hero out of enemy hands. Our president is a fine representative of his party...he's a jackass just like the democrat's mascot.

Comment

Many of us did our service term without bugging out and going over to the other side.

In other-words We did our time and lived up to our promise. Without desertion.

IMO he should at Leavenworth for at least twenty and he should feel lucky not to be shot or hung. From what I read he actively aided the enemy. And for that he should face charges and the penalties under the UCMJ.

885. Art. 85. Desertion
                            (a) Any member of the armed forces who-
                            (1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently; (2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or (3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States;
                            is guilty of desertion.
                            (b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion. (c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Makes him a deserter under the UCMJ, during a time of combat...very serious offense that used to get the soldier shot or hung.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X