No announcement yet.

Cancer-stricken children, parents ejected from park near White House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Black carcass,, got to get there real fast.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
      It looks like a bomb if you have zero knowledge about how technology works. All kinds of science projects are routinely brought into schools. This kid just wanted his teachers to see what he built.

Arrested, handcuffed, and suspended is what being smart and industrious got this kid. Apparently a cop even racially profiled the kid because he was Muslim. The entire affair was an idiotic farce.
      The kid has his own religion to blame. I'd rather see muslims profiled than read about 90yr old wheelchair bound WW2 vets and little girls from Kansas getting felt up by the TSA at the airport.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        The Black carcass,, got to get there real fast.
        And the King can not be inconvenienced.
        "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          They had a permit......turns out that the President left from an entrance near the event to address the Black Caucus Foundation's annual gala....

The U.S. Secret Service ordered hundreds of parents and their cancer-stricken children out of Lafayette Square on Saturday night, barricading the park for at least two hours and disrupting the groupís plans for a candlelight vigil to raise awareness and research funding for childhood cancer, participants said.

Some of the parents and children expressed hurt and disappointment that the Secret Service and Park Police, citing security precautions, virtually shut down part of a two-day event called CureFest for Childhood Cancer.

It gets worse:

Organizers, aligned with the Truth 365 grass-roots child-cancer advocacy program, had obtained a permit to hold ďA Night of Golden Lights,Ē in which participants would light electric candles.

But as the closure dragged on, some of the sick children, fatigued by the wait or the need to receive medication, had to return to their hotel rooms, organizers said. Others began crying, and some parents became enraged. Attendees said the group of at least 700 people were not allowed access to personal items they left behind, such as chairs and blankets.

They still won't light up the White House in Gold to recognize childhood cancer.......

The candlelight vigil came about partly because of the groupís inability to persuade the White House to light up the mansion in gold as a symbol of support for the cause, as it has done for other causes, organizers said. So they decided to hold a candlelight vigil of their own. Last year was the first.

The group had a permit to stage an event from 7 to 9 p.m., Stoddard said. They had already set up a stage for speakers and an acoustic musical performance, and welcoming music had started to play, when authorities ejected them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f65_story.html
          But they lit up the whole area to celebrate Gay Rights...

Obama sure is a miserable .
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            The kid has his own religion to blame. I'd rather see muslims profiled than read about 90yr old wheelchair bound WW2 vets and little girls from Kansas getting felt up by the TSA at the airport.
            Agreed, and if the kid is smart enough to make that clock, he's smart enough to know how it will be perceived by security personnel.

There is no "black victim" here; however, this is off topic.

Comment

This thread had a short life, it is already on the 2nd page. We talked a little about it and then focused on the kid that made a clock.

In all social settings, this is pretty much what happens every time childhood cancer is brought up in a conversation......and this is the main reason why funding for a cure on the national level has never gone above 4%. We talk about it briefly and then move to our daily lives that don't include childhood cancer.

Putting it all into perspective......

Our community put this out in April:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fKD02bFtc

Today on FB, her father posted this about the incident last Saturday:

"So I have gotten some questions about my new cover pic from concerned friends. No, I was not roughed up by the Secret Service for ALLEGEDLY licking the bannister at the White House.

During Curefest, the Secret Service closed off the park where we held a permit for our candlelight vigil. They did it so the President's motorcade could leave. After realizing we weren't going to be admitted, we were forced to improvise in a very small space and most of the kids in treatment couldn't stay that long.

It was disappointing. However, the Chief of the Secret Service called and apologized personally. He offered to apologize in person at the next event and will take some kids in treatment on a tour of their training facility (which would be awesome).

A mistake was made, acknowledged, and a very gracious apology given. While I am sad the we weren't able to honor Kylie and I am sad that many of the children won't be able to attend the next one, I can't expect any more from the agency. I think their response was admirable and appropriate. This whole situation is NOT Obama's fault.

In the end, we got more media attention for the childhood cancer cause than anything I've seen since my induction into the community. And I got this hilarious picture that makes it look like the Secret Service apologized to me... or they apologized for me. I'm not sure which."
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The who is unimportant. Politicians (and those who serve them) in general don't care about "inconveniencing" the common people in the same of security, swiftness, or their own comfort. Who hasn't seen that annoying motorcade of the unwelcome presence of herd of cops intruding into your life solely because someone "important" decided to waddle around outside?

And we of course allow it because... well, because.

Imagine if we took away motorcades and special planes, forced them to live like common Americans and abide by the same laws.

Ah, well, we can't do that. Too risky. Some scary Nazi-Muslim-Marxist-Militia member is lurking around every corner. Better not take any chances and push aside others to ensure their own tranquility.

But still, I guess it's only to be expected. When the government will kill, harm, or imprison you for not following its own directives, there's not much for the common folk to do.

Maybe we should ask why we have to rise for the judge, obey the Secret Service, and remain outside the White House fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  This whole situation is NOT Obama's fault.
                  Seriously? So you misstated that the area was closed for his personal convoy to depart? Or were you correct in stating that the sole reason for the closure was to cover his sorry butt, like a bunch of cancer-ridden little children are going to rise up and attack his armored limousine?

I wonder if the Chief of the Protective Detail had the balls to tell BoBo what was done for his convenience? Somehow, I doubt it.

Know what the two cheapest words in any language are? "I'm sorry", after the damage is done.

Comment

I would have posted earlier, but I had to go get some cheese to go with all the whine.

Its a shame about the event, but here's a simple fact: the fine print on the permit warns of just this sort of event.

You want to have an even next to the White House, you have to take the risk. I am certainly no fan of Bobo, but anyone who thinks that the White House isn't a target is delusional, regardless of who sits in the Oval Office.

Yes, Virginia, there are terrorists in the USA, and the Secret Service has to take precautions. That's a simple fact. Again, I don't like Bobo, but as a matter of principle I don't want anyone assassinating him, either.. Regardless of his value as a Human being, there is a principle involved. We can't let others go around shooting our politicians.

As to the little t*rd with the fake bomb, he should have been expelled for a year. Only a complete idiot could say that doesn't look like a bomb.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Seriously? So you misstated that the area was closed for his personal convoy to depart? Or were you correct in stating that the sole reason for the closure was to cover his sorry butt, like a bunch of cancer-ridden little children are going to rise up and attack his armored limousine?

I wonder if the Chief of the Protective Detail had the balls to tell BoBo what was done for his convenience? Somehow, I doubt it.

Know what the two cheapest words in any language are? "I'm sorry", after the damage is done.
                      That was a quote from the kids father, not from me. I think he could have taken a different exit.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X