Commander admits size of US-trained Syrian force about 4 or 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    I dont see how you can blame the general for failing at a doomed project i mean 4 to 5 is better than the bay of pigs.
    How is that? More than 6 showed up for the Bay of Pigs.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      I dont see how you can blame the general for failing at a doomed project i mean 4 to 5 is better than the bay of pigs.

Personally i say just train up the kurds. And supply them with some AA sytems to shoot down turkish fighters that like to accidentally bomb them
      agreed. The project was always probably doomed.
      Unfortunately, it appears that we will not support the Kurds, because the Iranians (an enemy) and the Turks (a lousy ally) object to our doing so.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

An Mr. whiny casts dispersions on Bush in the Middle East. The next guy is going to inherit a REAL disaster.
        It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

General Austin sounded like a semi-functioning moron.

Sincerely,
          M
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            How is that? More than 6 showed up for the Bay of Pigs.
            And more than 6 showed upin Syria. They just did not last all that long.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Shocking news given the aid now giving to Assad by Putin.
              War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Let's look at this reasonably. There isn't anything wrong with the training commander; the problem is with the Meathead-in-Chief. The training commander gets assigned Mission Impossible, train some Syrians to take over the war themselves.

In typical fashion, the military throws money and equipment at the project based on an idiotic and unfounded estimate of how many Syrians were going to rush to do battle and the cost of setting up anything American in a Middle Eastern nation to begin with, totally ignoring the abysmal failure of the previous efforts to train Iranians to take over their own defense and the appalling lack of initiative of all but the radicalized Muslims in the first place, and guess what? BoBo's crystal balls weren't focused when the Muslim Muppet made his prediction, the Syrians are perfectly happy to let Americans or anybody else, for that matter, do the fighting and dying for them, and the whole thing - naturally - now falls on the head of the hapless training commander.

The thing everybody has to grasp is that Islam is a fatalistic religion. The most often used statement is "inshah'allah", as Allah wills it, which means zero initiative on the part of the natives who have been inculcated since birth with the concept that everything in their world is preordained by Allah; therefore, it is foolish to struggle. If Allah wants them to be free, he will take care of it. If he wants them subjugated, that's the way the falafel folds.

Heaven forbid the morons who made this decision to begin with should ever own up to their own stupidity, or that anyone should ever admit that non-radical Middle Eastern Muslims don't give a damn about fighting for their country because Allah has not commanded it, and the imams who should be pushing this in his name are not doing so.

That's my take on this whole sorry affair.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Maybe they're trained to Hollywood standards and 4 or 5 are enough to defeat ISIS...

Comment

You guys sure this is not part of a Monty Python show.....Hell the Black Knight did better than this ....Run away! Run away!!

Toulon France

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Maybe they're trained to Hollywood standards and 4 or 5 are enough to defeat ISIS...
                      I don't think Mark Wahlburger is a Muslim.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X