Explaining the US Presidential Candidates to Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explaining the US Presidential Candidates to Britain

This broadcast ran on the BBC this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34199866
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    This broadcast ran on the BBC this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34199866
    From the link: "PJ O'Rourke is an American satirist and journalist", emphasis on satirist!

Some of the GOP candidates he fails to mention are more likely to be on the ballot in Nov. 2016. Trump is stirring the populist pot, saying the non-PC things many Americans think and agree with, but as the campaigning rolls on I expect he'll start to loose traction as the public starts looking for more substance. After all, many are feed-up with flim-flam frauds, having one doing his second term as POTUS.

Among the unmentioned that has "presidential timber" is Ted Cruz. Following is a copy paste of part of what I did in another thread, but gives a gauge here on one GOP contender. While I provide a summary in my text, hearing Cruz say it is more pithy and impressive;

This is an interesting clip to listen to. It's about five minutes total and you have to get thru about half to get to the real meat of the matter, so to speak. Ted Cruz is confronted by the typical gorebot on gorebal warming and Cruz points out how 30-40 years ago it was global cooling and the solution was more guv'mint control of industry, energy and people's lives. When the data didn't support "cooling" then the same 'chicken littles' started clamoring about global warming, and the solution was "more guv'mint control of industry, energy and people's lives". But when again the data didn't support this, it became more common to use climate change, so that whether it was getting warmer or cooler, wetter or dry, the "climate is changing" (which it has since the begining of climate on this planet) and the solution is still the same: "more guv'mint control of industry, energy and people's lives".

No matter what the problem the solution is the same ... should be enough to pause and wonder ...
    http://conservativesunited.com/liber...ets-destroyed/

I especially like how Cruz keeps reminding the "rude" questioner to quit the "cross-examination" and listen to the answer.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Here's an explanation for our British friends: our candidates are so bad that they make David Cameron look like Winston Churchill.

Any questions?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X