Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migrant crisis: President Obama orders US to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrant crisis: President Obama orders US to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees

President Barack Obama has directed his administration to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the next fiscal year, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest announced on 10 September. The increase will signify a significant jump from the 1,500 it is expected to accept in the current fiscal year, which ends 30 September.

"We know the scale of this problem. It's significant, and there are millions of people who have been driven from their homes because of this violence," Earnest said. "It certainly is not feasible for millions of Syrians to come to this country. But what we can do is make sure that we are doing everything we can to try to provide for their basic needs."

According to CBS News, the US has offered assistance to organisations helping Syrians still in Syria and those that have been displaced, as well as refugee camps located in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. A senior administration official said the camps were over-crowded and "under-funded," adding that the US could help make them "high-functioning."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/migrant-cri...t-year-1519300

Great news. The more refugees the US takes in, the more respect future generations will have for the USA. What Germany is doing is going to gain Germany incredible levels of respect for generations to come.

Great news. The more refugees the US takes in, the more respect future generations will have for the USA. What Germany is doing is going to gain Germany incredible levels of respect for generations to come.
    "2030
    - I'm going to Berlin, do you have a German phrase book ?
    - Better take a Arabic one."
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Yeah....................that's about 10,000 too many.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
        Great news. The more refugees the US takes in, the more respect future generations will have for the USA.
        Yeah, I am sure these guys are all about respect for the United States:

What Germany is doing is going to gain Germany incredible levels of respect for generations to come.
        What Germany is doing will help ensure that within a couple of generations there won't be a Germany.

Comment

Or at least a zero tourist industry. I'm canceling my plans for sure...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

If we're going to accept anyone, it should be children or elderly. Many of the rest of them are potential terrorists and an unacceptable security risk.

What is more, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia have taken exactly zero (0) Syrian refugees. Let the Arabs take care of their own before they are pushed on us. Seems like our "allies" in the ME are always trying to distance themselves from the US, except when it involves a danger to themselves...
            Last edited by BobTheBarbarian; 10 Sep 15, 18:12.
            Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
              "2030
              - I'm going to Berlin, do you have a German phrase book ?
              - Better take a Arabic one."
              If anything Germany is getting better. Imagine all the doctors, lawyers, smart people that Germany is now getting.

150 years from now folks will be discussing which countries helped the refugees wrt this Migrant crisis.

Comment

President Barack Obama has directed his administration to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the next fiscal year,
                Iím all for his administration accepting them, as long as the rest of us donít have to take them. But Iím willing to bet that none of his administration lets any of them live in their houses or even their neighborhoods.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                  Yeah, I am sure these guys are all about respect for the United States:

What Germany is doing will help ensure that within a couple of generations there won't be a Germany.
                  Muslims and Christians continue to fight ISIL, this is a fact. Muslims and Christians are teaming up to fight ISIL, this is a fact. What I see in ISIL I find in the Nazis , AQ, Boko Haram, and the KKK. The USA has one of if not the best LE in the world, I find that the USA has the ability to take on 10,000 refugees.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                    If we're going to accept anyone, it should be children or elderly. Many of the rest of them are potential terrorists and an unacceptable security risk.

What is more, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia have taken exactly zero (0) Syrian refugees. Let the Arabs take care of their own before they are pushed on us. Seems like our "allies" in the ME are always trying to distance themselves from the US, except when it involves a danger to themselves...
                    ME allies of the USA such as Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, have taken in millions of refugees.

I agree the gulf states should accept refugees. I would wager Gulf State politicians are arguing among each other about this refugee issue , same for politicians in Israel.

Comment

I think this is a bad idea. Wh would pay to bring them here? If they can only get to Mexico they can slip over the border on their own! We already have too many illegals here.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        Iím all for his administration accepting them, as long as the rest of us donít have to take them. But Iím willing to bet that none of his administration lets any of them live in their houses or even their neighborhoods.
                        I find it likely that a # of Catholic Churches(Protestant and other types as well) in the USA will take in some of these refugees.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          I think this is a bad idea. Wh would pay to bring them here? If they can only get to Mexico they can slip over the border on their own! We already have too many illegals here.

Pruitt
                          Well you live in a Southern state closer to the Mexican border then I am...how do you find the immigrants in your state? We have immigrants here in NY..from the ME, Asia, Europe, South America, I find these folks in general to be tolerate, contributing members to society.

Comment

Well you live in a Southern state closer to the Mexican border then I am...how do you find the immigrants in your state? We have immigrants here in NY..from the ME, Asia, Europe, South America, I find these folks in general to be tolerate, contributing members to society.
                            More than 90 percent of recent refugees from Middle Eastern nations are on food stamps and nearly 70 percent receive cash assistance, according to government data.

According to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) data highlighted by the immigration subcommittee staff of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) ó chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest ó in FY 2013, 91.4 percent of Middle Eastern refugees (accepted to the U.S. between 2008-2013) received food stamps, 73.1 percent were on Medicaid or Refugee Medical Assistance and 68.3 percent were on cash welfare.

Middle Eastern refugees used a number of other assistance programs at slightly lower rates. For example, 36.7 percent received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), 32.1 percent received Supplemental Security Income (SSI), 19.7 percent lived in public housing, 17.3 percent were on General Assistance (GA), and 10.9 percent received Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA).

The high welfare rates among Middle Eastern refugees comes as the Obama administration considers increasing the number of refugees ó who are immediately eligible for public benefits ó to the U.S., particularly Syrian refugees.
                            http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-food-stamps/
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                            Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Terrible idea. But not surprising. Obama can shove his "order" straight up his ass. I don't want any of these "refugees" anywhere near me or my friends or family, nor near any place I visit. In fact, I don't want them in my country at all. They should instead be fixing their own countries instead of relying on free hand outs from our government.

If Obama wants them, he can house them in the White House. But not one foot of American soil should be given to them. Rough...don't care. Always follow RULE #1: If Obama says it's a good idea, it's a bad one and should be countered at every opportunity.
                              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X