No announcement yet.

State of the Presidential Race now that Labor day is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pattern emerges here ... "Laws, we don't need no stinkin' laws, that's for the common people..."
    This AM Drudge headlines;

O'KEEFE STRIKES AGAIN: Undercover Video Shows Hillary Campaign 'Breaking Election Law'...

Staffers laugh, brag about violations...

'Whatever you can get away with, just do it'...

'Ask for forgiveness, not for permission'...

Campaign Collapsing; Backdrop Of Stage Falls Down...

VIDEO...

FLASHBACK: David Brock Warns of Clinton's 'Dangerous Character Flaws'...
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

It has become an American tradition to cast ones vote against a party or a candidate.
      I will have to vote against Hillary. If Trump is the one who ends up being the Republican candidate, I will have to hold my nose, and for the first time since 1972, not cast my vote at all.
      That is how disgusted I am with the Republican Party.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        It has become an American tradition to cast ones vote against a party or a candidate.
        I will have to vote against Hillary. If Trump is the one who ends up being the Republican candidate, I will have to hold my nose, and for the first time since 1972, not cast my vote at all.
        If you feel that way, then at least vote for one of the "third" party candidates that makes it on your State's ballot and send your message another way ...
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          Taking Trump and Ms Clinton as the top, Ms Clinton in an easy win. Trump will start having trouble in debates as soon as the field gets down too 4 or less. More time for more detailed questions that he will have no chance to answer without seeming the fool. Look at his radio interview with Iowa Conservative powerhouse Hugh Hewitt. Total fail. Trump punts and calls him names in tweets... About all he can do.
          The above applies no matter who the Dem nominee would be. The Key is Trump in a detailed 'debate' on policy and solutions... Remember also that the final two party debates are NOT really debates, they never have been. They are long detailed press interviews with the other candidate getting to reply also.

I find that Trump is the most talented speaker when it comes to all of the candidates. While Trump is not perfect and could fix up a few things, Trump has a great ability to attract listeners. Trump has a history of saying things like how China and Japan are tricking us...I disagree with this approach and I think that Trump needs to readjust his view that China or Japan are tricksters. After all Trump will say things such as the Chinese, Japanese, Mexicans, are hardworking people. This 2nd point is IMO something that Trump says because its actually how Trump feels about people... So I find that this two point approach on immigrants and foreign companies is an interesting approach on Trumps part and something Trump has been doing for over 25 years..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXuTp7XF1nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDRhcUZtWw
          Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 12 Sep 15, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Vote third party rather than not vote.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              If you feel that way, then at least vote for one of the "third" party candidates that makes it on your State's ballot and send your message another way ...
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                I find that Trump is the most talented speaker when it comes to all of the candidates. While Trump is not perfect and could fix up a few things, Trump has a great ability to attract listeners. Trump has a history of saying things like how China and Japan are tricking us...I disagree with this approach and I think that Trump needs to readjust his view that China or Japan are tricksters. After all Trump will say things such as the Chinese, Japanese, Mexicans, are hardworking people. This 2nd point is IMO something that Trump says because its actually how Trump feels about people... So I find that this two point approach on immigrants and foreign companies is an interesting approach on Trumps part and something Trump has been doing for over 25 years..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXuTp7XF1nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDRhcUZtWw
                Oh, I agree that Trump can play a crowd, masterfully to say the least. However that was not the question I answered. In a two person 'debate', as is practiced in our elections, it is a different story.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Oh, I agree that Trump can play a crowd, masterfully to say the least. However that was not the question I answered. In a two person 'debate', as is practiced in our elections, it is a different story.
                  Even when it comes down to a 3 hour debate with no clapping from the audience , I think that Trump can be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                    Even when it comes down to a 3 hour debate with no clapping from the audience , I think that Trump can be effective.
                    During that format he'll have to discuss actual ideas and concrete proposals on what he wants to do and how he will do that. Once again once it gets to the final two parties 'debates' they are not really debates but long press interviews.

Right now in the GOP 'debates' each candidate is only actually talking for about 10 or 11 minutes the entire show. THIS plays to Trump's strong side, very much so. There is simply no time to get into depth. If he were to win the nomination that will not be the case.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Vote third party rather than not vote.
                      I am not going to vote for someone Just because there is an election, if there is nobody that I feel deserves my vote why should I vote for anyone?
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X