Obama to Give 300,000 Workers Paid Sick Leave With New Executive Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama to Give 300,000 Workers Paid Sick Leave With New Executive Order

President Obama will sign an executive order Monday giving hundreds of thousands of workers employed by federal contractors access to paid sick leave.

The order will require federal contractors to give employees the ability to earn at least seven days (56 hours) of paid sick leave annually. It will give about 300,000 workers new access to paid sick leave, and an additional number of workers the ability to earn more sick leave than they had before.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama...ry?id=33575248

Maobama can't *give* sick leave to anyone.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      Maobama can't *give* sick leave to anyone.
      If it were coming out of his own pocketbook/bank account ....

But just another case of robbing from one to give to another, typical MO.

Comment

Obama, writing new laws out of thin air every day. All this will do is give employees a new excuse to take off work with pay.

Sweden's government had a generous sick leave that paid 90% of what the worker made for everyone in the country. When they cut the pay rate to 75% sick days fell by over 50%.

With Obama's new "law" all it does is give those who got less than 7 days paid sick leave 7 days paid sick leave. Anyone with 7 or more gets nothing by this.

Comment

Is this for all workers, or just the government drones?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with requiring companies that are awarded federal contracts to provide paid sick leave for their employees.

Very appropriate to do it on Labor Day.

I can't remember a job where I weren't given a minimum of 3 days of paid sick leave. The average is one week (5 days) after one year of employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
              I don't see anything wrong with requiring companies that are awarded federal contracts to provide paid sick leave for their employees.

I can't remember a job where I weren't given a minimum of 3 days of paid sick leave. The average is one week (5 days) after one year of employment.
              Then you don't see anything wrong with robbing the taxpayers.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

You mean besides the Federal government dictating employment practices to private contractors, but not paying for the cost of their new rules as usual?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  Then you don't see anything wrong with robbing the taxpayers.

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion.

Would you explain how it robs taxpayers?

Comment

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion.

Would you explain how it robs taxpayers?
                    By the Contractor charging the government more in order to eat the sick leave mandate, costing the government more, the government has no money of it's own, it gets it from the taxpayer!
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      You mean besides the Federal government dictating employment practices to private contractors, but not paying for the cost of their new rules as usual?

The federal government dictates all sorts of other employment laws, why not mandatory sick days as well? It would be great if all employers are required to give a certain amount of paid sick days a year. Of course employees must have a doctor's note upon returning to work. People do get sick, when they are sick I'd prefer they stay home than come to work and contaminate the workplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                        By the Contractor charging the government more in order to eat the sick leave mandate, costing the government more, the government has no money of it's own, it gets it from the taxpayer!

I thought companies bid for federal contracts with a specific amount. Then it would up to them to complete in on budget internally.

Comment

I thought companies bid for federal contracts with a specific amount. Then it would up to them to complete in on budget internally.
                          If you increase the cost of their labor, they have to incorporate that into their bids.

Comment

Yes, they will increase their bids, ALL of them, no contract bidder will eat this, you can bet your life on it.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              Yes, they will increase their bids, ALL of them, no contract bidder will eat this, you can bet your life on it.
                              They can't eat the cost and stay in business... This should be intuitively obvious to all but the most oblivious observer. This means that Maobama is so totally useless that he doesn't even qualify as being oblivious.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X