No announcement yet.

The US Navy's New Ships Are Supposed to Hunt Mines But Can't Actually Find Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US Navy's New Ships Are Supposed to Hunt Mines But Can't Actually Find Them

The US Navy's troubled Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), a.k.a. "the Navy's most hated program since its inception," was hit with more criticism recently.

In response to an internal Pentagon report that pointed to continuing, decade-long deficiencies in the ship's mine-hunting system, leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee have served notice that the Department of Defense (DOD) should consider giving up on the project altogether and look for alternatives.
    VICE News - Full Article

Are the mines able to find the ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      Are the mines able to find the ships?
      A mine that couldn't find a ship might be faced with a serious existential crisis.

Comment

Any ship can serve as a minehunter. At least once.
        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

In a thread about Irelnd's current military, I suggested that instead of an expensive Navy full of toys, they should work towards becoming Mine experts.

Apparently.... the world could use some of those.

Comment

The navy has dolphins that are really good at finding mines. A friend was in the EOD unit that used them for years...
            Anyway, they can find mines really good but the navy doesn't like them... Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              The navy has dolphins that are really good at finding mines.
              The problem I've heard is that although the dolphins are good at finding mines, they refuse to hand them over or even state where they are located. Apparently they are demanding changes in tuna fishing regulations or something or other..

Comment

I find it really cool that all the religions of Abraham are fighting mines. It is so wonderful that Christians joined together with Muslims to find mines. It is no different than if Nazis and KKK used mines just as the Jews might have.
                Last edited by Salinator; 07 Sep 15, 19:55.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  I find it really cool that that all the religions of Abraham are fighting mines. It is so wonderful that Christians joined together with Muslims to find mines. It is no different than if Nazis and KKK used mines just as the Jews might have.

Hmmm...make as note to check this guy's meds.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"Nurse nurse! He's out of bed again"
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I find it really cool that that all the religions of Abraham are fighting mines. It is so wonderful that Christians joined together with Muslims to find mines. It is no different than if Nazis and KKK used mines just as the Jews might have.
                      What the... oh, your channeling Talib el'0, aren't you?

Well, let us know when you need an Exorcist.

Comment

Don't worry folks, the Iran nuke deal will remove any need to ever use our minesweepers.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          Don't worry folks, the Iran nuke deal will remove any need to ever use our minesweepers.
                          The Iranians are a proud people. Just like other Muslims. How would you feel If I was for example to say that Israel desires Nukes or Mines. I would like to visit Iran one day. Iranians are really cool. A member of my poker forum is Iranian and he is cool. Muslims are a cool people. It is amazing that so many Muslims are fighting against ISIS. ISIS is like the KKK. Christians also fight against ISIS...and KKK. Early French writers spoke out against KKK and later the Nazis. Mongols really kicked some ass.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The Iranians are a proud people. Just like other Muslims. How would you feel If I was for example to say that Israel desires Nukes or Mines. I would like to visit Iran one day. Iranians are really cool. A member of my poker forum is Iranian and he is cool. Muslims are a cool people. It is amazing that so many Muslims are fighting against ISIS. ISIS is like the KKK. Christians also fight against ISIS...and KKK. Early French writers spoke out against KKK and later the Nazis. Mongols really kicked some ass.
                            You know, Sal, not all Mongols, or Jews, are bad people. It would be great if Mongols and Jews could fight ISIS together.

Folks who try to say that all Mongols, or Jews, are bad, are just wrong. They aren't real Christians, or Jews.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Strange how some threads are allowed and encouraged to go completely off topic whilst others apparently are not.
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X