Oregon judge refuses to perform same-sex marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Because my opinion on the Judge was written on a forum message board, not given out in a Court Hearing.
    Still sounds "hissy" to me.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Once again, this is inevitable and will only get worse, especially now that judges are personally involved.

Either we all have rights that are equal, or we don't, and if we don't, it's all going to come apart.

Will doctors and nurses some time in the not too distant future be legally required to conduct abortions? There is currently some very unsavoury stuff going on.

Will those who have reasons of personal conscience not to perform certain 'duties' be denied such posts in future?

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
        Will doctors and nurses some time in the not too distant future be legally required to conduct abortions? There is currently some very unsavoury stuff going on.

Will those who have reasons of personal conscience not to perform certain 'duties' be denied such posts in future?
        That concept is already at work in the job market. If a doctor won't perform abortions, he won't get a job at a facility that performs them.

If the day comes when it is mandatory to do it regardless of beliefs, then that doctor either has to change his specialty or find another line of work.

But let me ask you in turn - is that the response we really seek? To negate the Constitution and force people to follow paths they do not agree with? That's been done many times in totalitarian societies and it hasn't worked out. It has led to horrific abuses within the system and because of the system.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X