Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three correctional officers charged with murder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    Since this incident other inmates have come forward with claims of abuse from the same 3 correctional officers. Now the inmates say they have been threatened. Today, sheriff's investigators descended on the cell block, locked it down, rotated in new guards and began conducting a criminal investigation.
    Again, makes one wonder why three inexperienced COs were running a wing by themselves without any supervision.

    Of course, inmates lie-that's why they are inmates. Any time you have an incident in jail you will have guys coming forward with supporting testimony who weren't even in jail on the day or even the week of the incident.

    But still, everything I'm hearing about this SO on the boards goes back to terrible supervision from the top down. Could explain why the Sheriff is getting so loud in her attacks on those three COs.

    Whenever you have an elected or appointed police official who is noisy about this sort of thing, in general or specific, you can bet they have something serious to hide.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I'm sure you know as I do, that the officers do not control our prisons; the inmates do.

      I believe you, especially after watching this video....


      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

      "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

      Comment


      • #18
        It's not looking good for the prison guards. Here are some of the text msgs retrieved from 2 of the 3 guard's phones.



        Farris texted Rodriguez, "I love 6A (cellblock) no camera and no groups, I hope I keep it," and "Ahhh just twist fools up but write paper dont(sic) trust those peeps up there."

        Rodriguez allegedly responded, "No way I slapped a guy yesterday Cu (sic) he was cursing at the nurse and I told him to shut the (expletive deleted) up and have some respect. He said or else what and I slapped the (expletive deleted) out of him and said I am the wrong guy to (expletive deleted) with. He was so surprised about me slapping him that he sat on his bed with hand on his cheek hahaha....."

        In one text, Rodriguez allegedly sent a message to Farris saying "he was surprised about me slapping him that he sat on his bed with hand on his cheek...hahaha. I told him I bet your parents never spanked you but I will. haha."

        Comment


        • #19
          They aren't prison guards. That was a county jail.

          A slap in the face seldom kills. However, the texts do certainly emphasize the lack of supervision and training. In many states jailers can work for a year before having to attend formal training.

          Jails are unsafe places in which the inmates have more control than COs, on the average.

          We'll see how this plays out.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            They aren't prison guards. That was a county jail.

            A slap in the face seldom kills. However, the texts do certainly emphasize the lack of supervision and training. In many states jailers can work for a year before having to attend formal training.

            Jails are unsafe places in which the inmates have more control than COs, on the average.

            We'll see how this plays out.

            The text msg show that the guards are certainly capable of doing what they have been accused of. Due to this incident, Santa Clara county is opting to equipt guards with body cameras. San Francisco county will also do the same.

            A commission came to the conclusion that police departments across the country have seen a reduction in citizen complaints regarding police use of force after equipping officers with body cameras.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

            "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              They aren't prison guards. That was a county jail.

              A slap in the face seldom kills. However, the texts do certainly emphasize the lack of supervision and training. In many states jailers can work for a year before having to attend formal training.

              Jails are unsafe places in which the inmates have more control than COs, on the average.

              We'll see how this plays out.
              Jails are much safer and better controlled than prison. The inmates are certainly not in more control than the jailers. And training won't fix heartless douchebags.

              Another baloney sandwich...
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

              BoRG

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                Since this incident other inmates have come forward with claims of abuse from the same 3 correctional officers. Now the inmates say they have been threatened. Today, sheriff's investigators descended on the cell block, locked it down, rotated in new guards and began conducting a criminal investigation.

                The investigation have snagged 2 more guards and also the president of the correctional officers' union. They were walked off the job Thursday and placed on 'paid' administrative leave. They have not been told what they were suspended for yet. Apparently, as long as they are still being paid, the county does not have to immediately provide the reason for the suspensions.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  The text msg show that the guards are certainly capable of doing what they have been accused of. Due to this incident, Santa Clara county is opting to equipt guards with body cameras. San Francisco county will also do the same.

                  A commission came to the conclusion that police departments across the country have seen a reduction in citizen complaints regarding police use of force after equipping officers with body cameras.
                  Actually, verbal claims do not automatically equate into capability. I would point to this board and life in general as perfect examples. You hear lots of bravado, lots of tough talk, lots of claims of prior heroism that never pan out.

                  Not to mention what the texts relate does not match the injuries on the subject. In the USA a conviction requires facts and proof, not just a media witch hunt. With all the epic failures of media reporting (Zimmerman, Ferguson, Philly to point out just three very recent examples) it is never wise to call the play before it's run.

                  Cameras are a good thing-my agency has used them for years. They put more people in prison than fingerprints, and protect officers, including bad ones. Commissions generally discover what they are told to find, however. First generation body cams are a boondoggle with tax-payers funds, but they won't hurt the police, so its not a big deal. The media is too corrupt to report the truth of them, and police chiefs and Sheriffs are political appointees and politicians, so they won't say a word.

                  The reason citizen complaints drop after cameras come into place are twofold: one, most of those complaints are outright lies.

                  Secondly, and more importantly, officers watch them before writing their reports. It used to be that we caught officers who were too fond of head-slapping because there would be discrepancies between their reports and physical evidence. Now, the officer gets an instant replay option, and unless he or she is an utter idiot, their report will sync beautifully. If an LEO wants to frame, maul, or otherwise harm a subject, cameras are his or her very best friend.

                  Originally posted by Persephone
                  The investigation have snagged 2 more guards and also the president of the correctional officers' union. They were walked off the job Thursday and placed on 'paid' administrative leave. They have not been told what they were suspended for yet. Apparently, as long as they are still being paid, the county does not have to immediately provide the reason for the suspensions.
                  Yeah...the president and two member of the union which has been accusing the Sheriff of a cover-up and a failure to supervise if not outright malicious policy have been placed on admin leave...that's impressive.

                  As long as they are being paid, they can't sue the county, but being on admin leave means they are unable to enter the jail, access official records, etc.

                  In internal investigations this is a red flag that something smells in the investigation itself, not the offense being investigated. Such investigations are called 'doughnut investigations', because there's lots of fluff and icing, but the investigation just goes round and round and never once gets to the center of it all.

                  What I find interesting is you have three untrained guy sitting in jail, and none have cut a deal. Now that could mean they are exceedingly tight. However, since they have no witnesses, and EDPs are known to batter themselves to death in jails on occasion each and every week if not day in the USA, that makes me wonder.

                  Still, as usual, there's not a lot to work with.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X