Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do women find seiral killers attractive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do women find seiral killers attractive?

During his 1,134-day stay in the Arapahoe County Jail in Colorado, the Aurora Theater shooter received more than $4,600 from complete strangers.
    Denver’s 7NEWS requested and obtained a sample of the communications James Holmes received while in custody before and during his trial.

He received letters, photos and money, mainly from women across the world.

The Arapahoe County Jail researched his deposits. Bureau Chief Vince Line counted 98 deposits that he believed were non-family related. Those deposits totaled $4,684.68.

7NEWS contacted one of the women who sent him money, wrote him letters, provided him photos and even flew to Colorado to attend multiple court appearances.

"I just felt really sorry for him because he seemed like he was innocent," said the woman who spoke with 7NEWS as long as her identity and location was not revealed. "I never thought that anybody would find that out. I never thought that there would be any harm in it."

She joined other women that she met on a theater shooting Facebook group and flew to Colorado at least three times to see him in court.

"Why would you fly to Colorado to see him in court?" asked 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

"Just an interest in the case, an interest in what was going on in the courtroom. Just wanting to see the town and where everything happened," she said.

The woman sent money and photos multiple times to the murderer of 12.

"How much in total did you send him?" asked Zelinger.

"I don't recall, I don't think it was very much. I think it was like $20 here or there, over the course of three years," she said.

"Did you have a crush on him?" asked Zelinger.

"No," she said.

"What was the point of sending money, sending photos, sending letters, that at times seemed like love letters?" asked Zelinger.

"Just to let him know that he wasn't alone," she said.

"I think we can say it's 'crazy,' even though that's not a good clinical psych word to use," said Metropolitan State University psychologist, Mary Ann Watson, Ph.D. "But, not unusual."

We showed Watson some of the letters sent to the jail.

A woman who sent mail from Scotland wrote, "You are in my thoughts each and every day" and "Take care, be strong my stranger friend. Love from your stranger friend across the water."

Another wrote, "Briefly about me! I work in a bookstore. I've been described as 'quiet with an offbeat sense of humor.' Basically, anything that's a little bit inappropriate amuses me."

Another from the United Kingdom wrote, "I'm not quite sure how to start … I have had a few penpals … I’m an incredibly introverted person, prone to deep introspection and reverie. I enjoy my own company and find socializing extremely stressful. Some would use the term 'socially awkward.'"

"We have women, probably who are older, who don't have anything much going on in their own lives, maybe you'd kind of define them as, 'pathetic.' Probably not dangerous in any way," said Watson. "They're just seeking love, affiliation, connection in a way that makes sense."

Watson also said they're probably not seeking out the horrific details of the crimes he was convicted of committing.

In his jail cell, there were two blue-colored squares on the wall where he was allowed to put personal items. He had a photo of him and his parents and sister wearing Santa hats, along with a note that said, "We love you."

He also had a collage of women's photos surrounding his infinity-circular symbol that was shown in court.

Zelinger asked the woman if there's something weird about this behavior.

"I think it's definitely weird to be interested in something like that, of course. When you see something that doesn't seem right to you, then you just get more intrigued," she said. "At the time, I thought I was doing something good, but now it's just like I want to get past it and not have to talk about it anymore."

She never received any letters back. Until we reached her, she never knew he received any of what she sent. She also did not know it could become public.

Other women tried sending him magazine subscriptions. Attempts to send him People and Maxim were denied because some mail is rejected when it violates certain rules, such as:

• Contains religious materials from a non-professional source

• Contains stationery items to include writing papers, stamps and stamped envelopes

• Contains perfume or lipstick stains on the envelope or letter contents

• Sexually explicit materials

• The mail is contaminated with an unknown substance

• Contains reference to gang-related communications and/or activities

The theater shooter was only allowed to use money for food items and medical medical needs above and beyond what's provided. His balance will follow him to prison.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kivitv/n...324214681.html
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Because if Frank had just had the love of a good woman, he would never have dismembered those 17 people in his basement..

Comment

Speaking as a woman..me personally, find it disgusting but sadly, there are alot of women who meet and marry all kinds of killers..I would think it is more than being lonely
      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post

Because if Frank had just had the love of a good woman, he would never have dismembered those 17 people in his basement..
        LMFAO..
        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Something gone wrong in their gene that is meant to identify the alpha male maybe?
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            Something gone wrong in their gene that is meant to identify the alpha male maybe?
            Or more worryingly something went 'wrong' with our genes if we dont.

There was an interesting article about psychopaths, basically saying that when everything goes to hell these are the guys who pull us through. because they just dont care.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Why are women attracted to serial killers? Probably the same reason men are sexually attracted to children and probably in similar numbers.

Of course, for most of that tiny number of women the objects of their obsession are locked away, so its a relatively 'safe' fantasy. Not so much with the children (well, not since certain institutions decided to take the issue seriously).
              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Many of the women are reaching out from what they see as the boring lives they lead - like Bonnie Parker. Others have an inbuilt urge to change a baddie into a goodie.

From an article in The Guardian:

Religious fervour is another, more obvious motivator. Evangelical Christian schemes bring women into contact with prisoners and provide a basis for intense emotional interaction.

Jacquelynne Willcox-Bailey's book Dream Lovers: Women Who Marry Men Behind Bars is a series of interviews conducted with Australian women. The most melancholy story concerns two middle-aged Christian sisters, Avril and Rose, who left long-term "boring" marriages for men in prison. One man had been convicted of a string of minor property offences, the other man had killed his previous wife. His new wife, Rose, said: "I have faith that if you're genuine with the Lord you're a new person. A lot of people have said I should be worried about him because of what he did and his background - which is pretty awful and violent - but I have no fear."

Despite the women's faith, both relationships ended tragically: a week after his release the thief bludgeoned Avril to death with a hammer. The other husband ended up back in prison after trying to cut Rose's ear off and pull out her teeth with pliers.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  During his 1,134-day stay in the Arapahoe County Jail in Colorado, the Aurora Theater shooter received more than $4,600 from complete strangers.
                  Pedantic I know but was n't he a mass murderer and not a serial killer? Think everyone else has given pretty good answers. Escape from boredom, fantasy, perhaps the ultimate 'outlaw' type, celebrity status, obsession, the fact he is in jail means it is a safe fantasy, etc, etc,
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                  Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

The thing that makes humanity survive through so many bad conditions is our extremely wide diverseness. So a very few women found that crazy mass murderer attractive—but who knows but what in some terrible future, that type of personality might insure that some sort of human would survive. What makes a few men prefer fat ladies or girls with big backsides, or girls with mental problems that lead to their being very dependent on a protector? It’s just a variation in our biology. There are variations in physical types and there are variations in mental types and spiritual types, and, I actually think it’s healthy for humankind to have that variability, and, perhaps, in a future horrible time when the social morality breaks down then it could be species saving.

If we were all just a standardized version of humanity, how boring that would be, although I think we are, slowly, in our merging of cultures and interbreeding between the races coming to that; a standardization of physical features. Perhaps in time the only protection for the species will be the mental variations.
                    Homo homini lupus

Comment

She could have 'fixed' him .

Doesn't the same type of stuff happen to the women that are killers?

Jody Arias, Rachel Wade, Amanda Knox... got all kinds of offers and such.

SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Well you serial killer boyfriend is not going to go off and live with another woman and you do not have to listen to him all night snoring and passing wind.
                        War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                          Why are women attracted to serial killers? Probably the same reason men are sexually attracted to children and probably in similar numbers.

Of course, for most of that tiny number of women the objects of their obsession are locked away, so its a relatively 'safe' fantasy. Not so much with the children (well, not since certain institutions decided to take the issue seriously).
                          Not all men find children attractive, I would say a very small percentage do. But there is an entire industry built around promoting pedophilia, we call it the fashion industry with their freakishly thin prepubescent models.
                          But that's another topic.
                          I agree that a lot of women find having a relationship with a man that is incarcerated is a "safe" fantasy. I think that's what happened to the woman who helped the two inmates escape, that's why she backed out at the last minute, the fantasy had ended.
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

There's the young girl on YouTube who campaigns for Charles Manson. She shaves her head and cuts her forehead like the Manson family girls did at his trial... Wasn't it Squeaky Frome who even a few years after he'd gone to jail pointed a gun at Gerald Ford on his orders.

Comment

Yep... she is the one trying to 'marry' him .

Attention hungry.
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X