Wrong address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    My only disagreement is that the officers should be held personally libel for some portion of the damages. Making them take personal responsibility for bad judgement is no different than if they were involved in an auto accident with their personal vehicle. Sure, their agency shares a portion of the blame but they were on the scene and didn't need to act the way they did in order to determine the situation.
    I would agree on principle but the reality is that juries almost always vote against the deep pockets of corporations and government agencies regardless of the facts in a case. Individual employees could get caught up in guilt by association. I would prefer criminal negligence charges where the burden of proof is stricter.

Unfortunately what we have seen in both criminal and civil cases is that the plaintiff often lacks the legal resources to pursue justice when the accused has unlimited financial resources.

I don't have an answer but I'm not happy with the way juries function in this country. Legal fees also pervert the system, any ideas?
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X